[Bamboo leaf rhapsody]

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Gosha
Astral Realm

[Bamboo leaf rhapsody]

Post by Gosha »

I find something really wierd in this chapter ..

.. Kyon and mikuru travles back in time .. three years ... but shouldn't the kyon from three years back be there too then?
.. and when unfreezing the time at yuki's .. shouldn't it have ended up with two kyons?
.. and if time would be that it allways happens .. it would end up with endless many kyons ... woah, chaos
... have i missunderstood something?
or did the kyon three years ago dissappear?
.. btw i've read the volumes 1,2 and three .. maybe there's something about this after those three volumes?
cotton
Astral Realm

Re: [Bamboo leaf rhapsody]

Post by cotton »

Gosha wrote:I find something really wierd in this chapter ..

.. Kyon and mikuru travles back in time .. three years ... but shouldn't the kyon from three years back be there too then?
.. and when unfreezing the time at .. shouldn't it have ended up with two kyons?
.. and if time would be that it allways happens .. it would end up with endless many kyons ... woah, chaos
... have i missunderstood something?
or did the kyon three years ago dissappear?
.. btw i've read the volumes 1,2 and three .. maybe there's something about this after those three volumes?
The Kyon from three years ago (Original-Kyon) lived his life unaware of his sleeping doppleganger, walking about, growing-up and then meeting Haruhi at his new school (as seen in Volume 1).

Meanwhile the other Kyon, future-Kyon if you will, spent most of his time asleep in Yuki's back room

Just before Future-Kyon wakes from his slumber, Original-Kyon goes back in time with Mikuru and has a bit of a nap.

For the three years there was two Kyons, but after Original Kyon does the time-travel thing, there is only one Kyon remaining.
Demi
Astral Realm

Post by Demi »

Well, I see this 'mess' like this.
Spoiler! :
When Kyon and Asahina traveled 3 years back, in that time there was also young Kyon, however this Kyon didn't go to the park nor did he knew Haruhi, so he didn't met Asahina and Kyon who traveled from the future (probobly because he didn't went out at that time). Proof? The older Kyon doesn't remember meeting himself at that time. Kyon and Asahina went to Nagato's place and the time in the entire room was frozen, so they didn't age but time was flowing normally outside that room. It was in the afternoon when Asahina took Kyon 3 years back, when he woke up it was 9 p.m. already. When Nagato unfroze them it was 9:30 p.m. back in the 'present'. So, Kyon and Asahina disappeared from 'present day' and appeared 3 years ago, at the same time, up until the day they traveled back, they were 'sleeping' at Nagato's appartment and woke up at night of Tanabata festival, the day they left. So yeah, it's possible that many Kyon's would live in the same time, but they can't meet if they don't remember meeting another Kyon. Traveling through time is quite simple :wink:
It's pretty simple, I guess.
Gosha
Astral Realm

Post by Gosha »

i kinda allmost got sick off thiking of what may be wrong .. but kinda figured it out while I sat in the car on my way to our country place ..
forgot that the second kyon traveled back in time too...

Return to “Volume 3 - The Boredom of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第三巻: 涼宮ハルヒの退屈”