[Lone Island Syndrome] Concerning floor numberings

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Kinny Riddle
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

[Lone Island Syndrome] Concerning floor numberings

Post by Kinny Riddle »

The Japanese floor numbering seems to follow the American numbering system. So when you see "first floor", that's the floor of the mansion above ground, and "second floor" would be the upstairs.

This is in contrast with the British system, where the floor at ground level is the "ground floor" and the one upstairs is the "first floor" and so on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floor_numbering

I've decided to stick with the original text to avoid confusion.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

i tel lyou what's confusing, ground floor by the american system is the basement floor.

so dammn confusing.... :roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
dogtato
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by dogtato »

onizuka-gto wrote:i tel lyou what's confusing, ground floor by the american system is the basement floor.

so dammn confusing.... :roll:
I never even knew there was a consistent american system. there's just a star next to the elevator button to indicate how to get out the front door.
then again elevators confuse me more often than not

Return to “Volume 3 - The Boredom of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第三巻: 涼宮ハルヒの退屈”