[YP]Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Would you buy this novel?

Yes
88%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
3%
No (Please give a reason)
9%

Total votes: 33

Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Re: Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka

Post by Rohan123 »

DrGynaecologist wrote:Ah, no I just edited it so it flowed a little better in English. Being new to Baka-Tsuki's forum if that was a faux pas I apologise, just wanted it to read a bit better since I hope the series gets picked up properly. (I'd offer to translate the series, but I'll hellishly slow at reading Japanese :P )
No, you're free to edit it. I was just curious if the translator was you or not.
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

2 pages of Prologue
"Huh"?
The Minotaurs hoof.
Althought I didn't perceive the body blow from behind,my foothold collapsed and I rolled on the earth.
Taken by his foot,I roll on the floor of the dungeon and scream.
"Fuuah"
"Uwaaaaah"
With my stance removed I try to step back miserably by the rear.
Such a scene that will be disillusioned if cute girls see.From the beggining I didnt have the quafilications to become a hero of fairy tales.
My back hits the wall.Dead end.
By escaping several passages,I barely managed to reach a wide floor.I was driven into the corner of square space.
Ah,I will die...Endless tears and the sound of teeth ticking.
The smelly snort of the wild Minotaur hit my body.
When I saw his body that was muscular one to two times more than mine I expressed a smile that would break any moment.
In the end a chance encounter with a girl didnt visit.
Now that I remember the incorrigible thoughts drove me to my death,my eyes project the figure of the monster which raises a hoof high.
A line ran to the body of the monster in the next moment.
"Eeeh?"
"Vuo"
The goofy voices of me and the minotaur.
The line that ran through his body it didnt stop there it continued to cut to his thick chest,hoof,upper arm,legs,shoulders and finally his head.
The light of silver was seen at the end.
Before long,the monster didn't even wound me once,just there was a human body that is about to fall.
"Gubuh?!Vuaaaaaaaah...."
Death screams echoing.
The Minotaur's body was cut into parts and they were falling down, a dark red blood started to gush out and spray.
I stopped in amazement when I found my whole body was showered in blood.
"Are you okay"?
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

Guest, thanks for translating. Do you mind if I create a teaser project page on the wiki and put your translations there? You can also create an account on the wiki so I can properly credit the translations to you, or atleast tell me a pen-name so I can credit the translations to it. :lol:
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

You are free to do it but apparently 2/3 pages per day is my limit before I fall in a state of lassitude,the end of prologue has 1.5 page left,then we move to chapter 1.
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

Guest wrote:You are free to do it but apparently 2/3 pages per day is my limit before I fall in a state of lassitude,the end of prologue has 1.5 page left,then we move to chapter 1.
2-3 pages per day is more than enough for people who were waiting for this to be translated for a long time now. :lol:
Also, can you please register here or on the BT mediawiki? So that I can properly credit the translations to you. :roll:

On another note, can anyone provide me with a synopsis for this LN so I can put it up at the project page?
DrGynaecologist
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by DrGynaecologist »

I can have a look at the back cover once it arrives (should be tomorrow, my mail not deciding to be rerouted somewhere else, Australia has a terrible postal service).
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

DrGynaecologist wrote:I can have a look at the back cover once it arrives (should be tomorrow, my mail not deciding to be rerouted somewhere else, Australia has a terrible postal service).
Okay, once you have the synopsis, post it here.
DrGynaecologist
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Found an e-copy and didn't feel guilty since its in the mail, so...

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka
(Is it so wrong to want to have a chance meeting in a dungeon?/ Can't I Expect A Chance Encounter in the Dungeon?)
Spoiler! :
The huge labyrinth city, Orario, is the gateway to the huge underground maze commonly known as the “Dungeon”. Its strange name causes excitement, a place to gain honour, and maybe even a romance with a pretty girl. A place where people hold their breath, hoping to gain all they wish for, a place where a solitary young man meets a little “god”.

“Alright, Bell-kun, follow me! It’s time for the “Familiar” initiation rite to happen!”
“Yes! I’m going to get stronger!”

The fated meeting of a boy who wants to become an adventurer, and the failed god who doesn’t even have a single follower.

This boy’s journey as written by the goddess,
“Family’s Legend” (Familiar’s Myth)
A few quick notes here, the term Familiar and Family seem to be being used interchangeably. The impression I get is that the “Familiar” initiation rite is the goddess inducting someone into her “Family” at the same time. Also the “Family’s Legend (Familiar’s Myth)” is one of those small katakana over the kanji things. Finally, the two titles, the first was what I translated, but then checking the manga to make sure I didn't screw the city's name up (which I didn't, yay!) I saw the second, not sure if its "official" or not though.

Anyway, there's the synopsis until someone better than me comes along and laughs at my pitiful Japanese ability :)
Mytsy
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mytsy »

DrGynaecologist wrote:Found an e-copy and didn't feel guilty since its in the mail, so...

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka
(Is it so wrong to want to have a chance meeting in a dungeon?/ Can't I Expect A Chance Encounter in the Dungeon?)
Spoiler! :
The huge labyrinth city, Orario, is the gateway to the huge underground maze commonly known as the “Dungeon”. Its strange name causes excitement, a place to gain honour, and maybe even a romance with a pretty girl. A place where people hold their breath, hoping to gain all they wish for, a place where a solitary young man meets a little “god”.

“Alright, Bell-kun, follow me! It’s time for the “Familiar” initiation rite to happen!”
“Yes! I’m going to get stronger!”

The fated meeting of a boy who wants to become an adventurer, and the failed god who doesn’t even have a single follower.

This boy’s journey as written by the goddess,
“Family’s Legend” (Familiar’s Myth)
A few quick notes here, the term Familiar and Family seem to be being used interchangeably. The impression I get is that the “Familiar” initiation rite is the goddess inducting someone into her “Family” at the same time. Also the “Family’s Legend (Familiar’s Myth)” is one of those small katakana over the kanji things. Finally, the two titles, the first was what I translated, but then checking the manga to make sure I didn't screw the city's name up (which I didn't, yay!) I saw the second, not sure if its "official" or not though.

Anyway, there's the synopsis until someone better than me comes along and laughs at my pitiful Japanese ability :)
Well its not that bad so It could be used in my opinion,also about the Guests post I was trying to see if people would like the translations.Im gonna post the names here now:Bell Kranel(our MC),Hestia(our goddess),Aizu Wallenstein(the girl that saved him),Hephaestus(a goddess that was a friend of Hestia),and others(I'll leave them out for now).
"Familia" is a clan under a god or goddess.The familia members get blessing from their god, and the god is financially supported by them in return.As of now Hestias Familia has only one member(our MC).
The reason Hestia has failed is because until she met Bell she was reading books.
"Talent hits a target no one else can hit. Genius hits a target no one else can see."-Arthur Schopenhauer
"The future is not a gift,it's a ladder of achievements."-Albert Einstein
"Be realistic,demand the impossible."
"Don't play to win. Play not to lose."
DrGynaecologist
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Not sure if this impacts it or not, but Familia is Latin for Family.
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

Well, since we don't have a better one at the moment, I will use the synopsis that Doctor posted.

Also, Mytsy, you were the one posting the translations as the guest?
Mytsy
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mytsy »

Yeah I was posting the translations as a Guest,was trying to see if people would like them.
"Talent hits a target no one else can hit. Genius hits a target no one else can see."-Arthur Schopenhauer
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Oh, so that's why I got a PM...

(Just for information, I edited one of the posts because of a mistake in the quote code.)

Anyway, it seems interesting from what I've heard in some forums, and after a quick glance on the manga version.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

Misogi wrote:Oh, so that's why I got a PM...

(Just for information, I edited one of the posts because of a mistake in the quote code.)

Anyway, it seems interesting from what I've heard in some forums, and after a quick glance on the manga version.
Haha, I know how you feel. I was like "Why did Mytsy send me that PM?" :? Now it all makes sense. :lol:
Mytsy
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mytsy »

Well now that everyone has been enlightened its time to ask this:Is anybody planning to continue after I finish translating the prologue?Because if I do it,it will be a long and rough ride seeing as there is 325 pages in this volume.

Return to “Abandoned”