No Game No Life

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading No Game No Life?

It was good! Please do more!
97%
It was interesting.
3%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 1177

DefaultMelody
Edit-Translator [101-AETB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: No Game No Life

Post by DefaultMelody »

Sorry, for those who want the translations to stay, but it's the policy of BT. Don't worry, as we need a message from the translators before the total deletion. (And because the first volume only comes out in 2015, maybe they'll stay until early 2015.) But, once it's out, we can no longer provide them. Buy the LNs, if you want to support the work of the writer and the publisher's translators.
Former BT member.
Always MIA.
Send your complaints to Vallor for any old stuff.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

The following facts must be said, but it's obvious that it'll lead to negative reactions. (I'll see if it's worth ending my break from BT activities.)

According to the Abandonment Policy, here are the conditions for completing unfinished volumes:
- Registration before the license announcement. Only Drinkingwater fits the condition.
- No further activity 5 months before the release. We're around 7 months.
- More than half the volume should be completed. Volume 6 seems to be below that point.

As the last condition is not fulfilled, it means that the translation would end now. If a higher-up can confirm this, that'd avoid misunderstandings. Thanks.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
All Nighter94
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by All Nighter94 »

Anyway to get PDF for Volume 5 before that happens? :o
The Grammar Nazi

Saving the internet's spelling and grammar ONE sentence at a time

Editor on Krytykal's translation blog
DefaultMelody
Edit-Translator [101-AETB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by DefaultMelody »

All PDFs and ePubs will be deleted. So, no volume 5, sorry.
Former BT member.
Always MIA.
Send your complaints to Vallor for any old stuff.
Rednal
Temporal Time Variant Entity

Post by Rednal »

I'm sad that NGNL is coming down from Baka-Tsuki, but I will definitely be buying the LN's once they're officially released. ^^ Now I just have to hope Yen Press grabs High School DxD and Psycho Love Comedy...
Shuiko
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Mahouka and High School DxD

Post by Shuiko »

This made me wanna punch someone in the face. One of my Top 3 LN's out there. It's legit going to be 3 years before they even get to Volume 6, they are the slowest company to English TL lc.

Sigh was hoping for Vol.6 Completion as well...

I hope Drinking or Venis just end up blog TLing the rest of this series. Fking Yen Press. If Yen press actually released stuff they licensed at a decent pace I would be happy but.. nopeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Last edited by Shuiko on Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
dime_side
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by dime_side »

so no vol 5 pdf? :(
FateXeroSaber
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by FateXeroSaber »

may just need to generate the pdf yourself using the "download as PDF" function on the bottom left of its page, in "Print/export"
crhis612
Astral Realm

Post by crhis612 »

I really thanks all the staff of this projet. You guys do a really good job allowing us to read such a funny and interesting Light Novel. But (there's always a "but"), i thing it would be even better if all the translators respected some "rules", i mean, like using the same names for the same persons, an example : using "[ ]" to refer to Kuuhaku while the other chapter uses the "『 』". I thing it would give more consistence to your translations. That's the only thing i would have to criticize. Otherwise i really like your work !
kveqt
Astral Realm

Post by kveqt »

The translations you guys do are awesome!. I registered just to say that. So please, at least finish volume 6 before taking it down!
Adrian Magicent
Kyonist

Post by Adrian Magicent »

While the series is great, I find it kinda odd they choose both this series AND Log Horizon for release at about the same time. o_O Personally, I'd have just gone with Log Horizon and left NGNL for us.
Dubito, ergo sim.
Village Idiot
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Village Idiot »

Misogi wrote:The following facts must be said, but it's obvious that it'll lead to negative reactions. (I'll see if it's worth ending my break from BT activities.)

According to the Abandonment Policy, here are the conditions for completing unfinished volumes:
- Registration before the license announcement. Only Drinkingwater fits the condition.
- No further activity 5 months before the release. We're around 7 months.
- More than half the volume should be completed. Volume 6 seems to be below that point.

As the last condition is not fulfilled, it means that the translation would end now. If a higher-up can confirm this, that'd avoid misunderstandings. Thanks.
According to Drinkingwater's usertalk, he's 3/4th done with the volume but just hasn't posted it due to national examinations.

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... nkingwater
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... nkingwater
OhHaiThar
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by OhHaiThar »

Even if BT translation does go down, I'm pretty sure the translators will put up their own site to translate. It was the same with SAO and they're still going.
haseo0408
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by haseo0408 »

OhHaiThar wrote:Even if BT translation does go down, I'm pretty sure the translators will put up their own site to translate. It was the same with SAO and they're still going.
I hope you are right, I don´t want to wait 3 years to read volume 5 and 6. Even if I could buy them it would be difficult, I live in Venezuela, I don´t really have acces to dollars here.
phelbs
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by phelbs »

As for me, I'm very happy to be able to have an official version of this awesome LN ! The sad thing is it will be at least one year before they reach the volume 6 but I'm sure Yen will do a good work.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this project !

Return to “Abandoned”