Log Horizon

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find Log Horizon?

It was good! Please do more!
98%
It was interesting.
2%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 843

Drowzycow
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Log Horizon (ログ・ホライズン):General

Post by Drowzycow »

From his twitter post on Nov30. https://twitter.com/skythewood
"@BakaShido,
Hi, found it. It says my IP is banned/open proxy, so I reply here http://t.co/rHlaVJY4vu thks for your help!"

I think it's clear that we have permission to edit his scripts from how he links to BT project from within his chapters.

V5 C4 is another kettle of fish tho, since from the looks of it, he just posted the googledocs version to his pastebin for completeness. ddadain has made it clear it is not ready to appear on this wiki;
ddadain wrote:Not sure who "released" V5C5 because it hasn't been vetted yet (or proofread as well)... Only parts 1 & 2 are done fully complete from TLC to proofreading. Chapter 3 is currently at 20% TLC. Chapters 4 & 5 have not received any significant proofreading or TLCing (at least not to my knowledge, since I'm the one mainly doing the TLC + Edits)... supposedly, only the English in red are ready for release...

._. It's like it prematurely launched, without our consent or knowledge... I honestly don't know how to feel about this.

As a representative of that gdocs team the page in question (V5C4) should be blanked for now? Upto you ddadain, request it and it can be taken down until it's ready.

V5C5 seems to be an original tranlsation from skythewood (since it's in his translational style, so doubt it has been leaked from some private google doc) so I think that can stay.

I will look into what happened with V5C3..

EDIT: I'm assuming ddadain = Daniel Jr Villa on google docs?
EDIT2: looking at the comments in V5C3 googledocs getreadyforthepunchline is an alias of skythewood. Permission for V5C3 to be posted was given on Dec 2, but again under the provision that it's "completed". I assume thats why Drago posted it, since the translation was completed..
shido
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by shido »

Skythewood gave us permission a while back when it was asked in 4chan if we can bring his translations to baka-tsuki. He starts posting the link to the project page in volume 3 prologue to tell his readers where to look for his translations at:
[link removed upon licensing]
Last edited by shido on Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azurue
Astral Realm

Post by Azurue »

I was quite intrigued by Log Horizon anime, seeing how it explains lots of stuff about MMOs and is different from SAO, so I decided to reread it.

Thanks for the translations !

Oh and can I help edit some misspelled words while I read?
shido
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by shido »

Azurue wrote:I was quite intrigued by Log Horizon anime, seeing how it explains lots of stuff about MMOs and is different from SAO, so I decided to reread it.

I normally build the epubs and read them and find mistakes that way. Then I go back to the wiki and see if those changes haven't already been done and do the edits.
Azurue
Astral Realm

Post by Azurue »

shido wrote:
Azurue wrote:I was quite intrigued by Log Horizon anime, seeing how it explains lots of stuff about MMOs and is different from SAO, so I decided to reread it.

I normally build the epubs and read them and find mistakes that way. Then I go back to the wiki and see if those changes haven't already been done and do the edits.
Ooh then I shall.

Probably by 6th volume then.
tharael89
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by tharael89 »

i've uploaded a new version of the kepub for volume 2

[link removed upon licensing]

edit: volume 1 also uploaded in the same folder
Last edited by tharael89 on Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Baka-Tsuki Kepub folder: qqq.mediafire.com/folder/3p1daeihin347/Baka-Tsuki_Kepub
Krytyk's Kepub folder: qqq.mediafire.com/folder/kp2g3ne77kxnl/Krytyk's_Translation
Skythewood Kepub folder: qqq.mediafire.com/folder/i3vbbr2t3he50/Skythewood

you know what to do with the qqq :)
madoka2029
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by madoka2029 »

So, to answer a few questions here,

1) Skythewood has definitely previously stated in his pastebins (and apparently on 4chan) that anyone can do what they like with his translations, so that should not be a problem (unless he's changed his mind)
2) I have no idea what happened with Volume 5 chapter 4, it looks like someone jumped the gun, I have asked about permission on their google doc but not yet recieved a reply. I think we should possibly remove that until permission is granted or someone else translates it normally.
3) Volume 5 Chapter 5 appears to be skythewood's original translation, so assuming (1) holds, that should not be a problem
4) Regarding Volume 5, Chapter 3, we went and asked on the google doc for permission to post and edit that chapter translation (which we received), this was done in a reasonably controlled way, although i suspect that some of the people who were listed as helping edit it might also have worked on the translation. This particular case was discussed on the discussion page for log horizon and the comments giving permission on the google doc should still be findable (though, you might have to sort though a large number of other comments)
ffahdina
Astral Realm

Post by ffahdina »

PDF Volume 1 & 2 : [link removed upon licensing]
J-0N
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by J-0N »

Hey guys, I just wanted to ask if the team or Skythewood needed Vol6. I have a japanese copy, but someone told me that the Chinese versions were being used. Just wanted to know if anyone wanted to use Japanese copy I have so i could contribute to the translation.
slivers7
Astral Realm

Post by slivers7 »

Just to point out, under Volume 5's Appendix 1, the "Mutton Soup" (literal translation from kanji?) should actually be a jelly-type dessert (check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Youkan).

"Mutton Soup" was just too scary as a dessert!
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Teh_ping »

(羊羹) Japanese jelly that comprises of agar, sugar, and most commonly, red bean paste. It is eaten as a desert. Translated directly into 'sheep soup' because the original, made in China, was actually made from gelatin boiled from sheep.
shido
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by shido »

J-0N wrote:Hey guys, I just wanted to ask if the team or Skythewood needed Vol6. I have a japanese copy, but someone told me that the Chinese versions were being used. Just wanted to know if anyone wanted to use Japanese copy I have so i could contribute to the translation.
It wouldn't hurt for me to use the Japanese copy. I for one cannot read in Chinese and can only rely what is only posted on the wiki so I cannot check anything. Been looking for Japanese raws for awhile now. Volume 7 just came out not to long ago but it's going to be awhile for a Chinese copy to show up. So a Japanese one will be beneficial to continue on with.
Village Idiot
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Village Idiot »

J-0N wrote:Hey guys, I just wanted to ask if the team or Skythewood needed Vol6. I have a japanese copy, but someone told me that the Chinese versions were being used. Just wanted to know if anyone wanted to use Japanese copy I have so i could contribute to the translation.
The official Chinese version of Vol 6 is coming out in Jan 9th 2014.

Skythewood had asked on his twitter if someone can get a hold of a copy for him.

And a note, you might not want to upload skythewood's recent Vol 6 Ch1 translation. Its based off the web version, not the official novel version.
shido
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by shido »

Village Idiot wrote:
The official Chinese version of Vol 6 is coming out in Jan 9th 2014.

Skythewood had asked on his twitter if someone can get a hold of a copy for him.

And a note, you might not want to upload skythewood's recent Vol 6 Ch1 translation. Its based off the web version, not the official novel version.
I'm pretty sure we are going to wait for the novel chapters before posting to see if anything is different between the two.
J-0N
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by J-0N »

So does everyone have a place I can send a link for the digital copy?
Last edited by J-0N on Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Abandoned”