No Game No Life

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading No Game No Life?

It was good! Please do more!
97%
It was interesting.
3%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 1177

d3rrial
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: No Game No Life

Post by d3rrial »

I think it's faster if you start learning Japanese than waiting for them to release the official translations... I bet you can read LNs meant for kids-teens like NGNL by then. (April 2015: Volume 1, then if we're very generous they'll do 2 Volumes per year, which means volume 6 is sometime in 2018...) It's amazing how well you can learn a language in that much time, even if it's as (unnecessarily, I might add) complex as Japanese.
PHoToS999
Astral Realm

Post by PHoToS999 »

d3rrial wrote:I think it's faster if you start learning Japanese than waiting for them to release the official translations... I bet you can read LNs meant for kids-teens like NGNL by then. (April 2015: Volume 1, then if we're very generous they'll do 2 Volumes per year, which means volume 6 is sometime in 2018...) It's amazing how well you can learn a language in that much time, even if it's as (unnecessarily, I might add) complex as Japanese.
For as much as I enjoy reading Japanese light novels, I really should...
BobbyWibowo
Reader

Post by BobbyWibowo »

Shuiko wrote:I hope Drinking or Venis just end up blog TLing the rest of this series.
I don't know about Drinkingwater, but it seems like Venis isn't going to translate the rest of volume 6 (or upcoming volumes).
Baka-Tsuki was the only place where he could host them without licensing problem or whatever, so he was fine with it. But now that it's getting licensed, he don't know where he's going to host the upcoming translations. I think I've suggested him to make a blog instead, but he said he was afraid to get problems from the licensing. :?
"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving." - Albert Einstein
woodentiger
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by woodentiger »

BobbyWibowo wrote:
Shuiko wrote:I hope Drinking or Venis just end up blog TLing the rest of this series.
I don't know about Drinkingwater, but it seems like Venis isn't going to translate the rest of volume 6 (or upcoming volumes).
Baka-Tsuki was the only place where he could host them without licensing problem or whatever, so he was fine with it. But now that it's getting licensed, he don't know where he's going to host the upcoming translations. I think I've suggested him to make a blog instead, but he said he was afraid to get problems from the licensing. :?

From what Venis told me, he's going on a hiatus for now and might make a blog with all his previous and future translations on it. I already told him that the licensing problem was trivial (which I truly believe: why would manga translators do what they want but not the LN translators?) and gave him options... so I hope he's going to continue :D
Also, he's kind of waiting to see what the current volume-6 TLs do.

Is the 6th volume the last of the series?
d3rrial
Kyonist

Post by d3rrial »

woodentiger wrote:Is the 6th volume the last of the series?
Not by far. I can see the series go well beyond 12 volumes.
woodentiger
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by woodentiger »

d3rrial wrote:
woodentiger wrote:Is the 6th volume the last of the series?
Not by far. I can see the series go well beyond 12 volumes.

Okay^^ I was just worried to see no news about a 7th book. But I found it strange myself since they still had to conquer the rest of the world :twisted:
Vergilx69
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Overlord, Psycome , DxD , Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance , Madan no Ou to Vanadis, Oregairu ,Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi, Oreshura , Accel World , SAO , No Game No Life , HakoMari, Outbreak Company , Cross X Regalia, Date A Live, Shinmai Maou No Keiyakusha, Black Bullet, Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari, The Zashiki Warashi of the Intellectual Village, Fate Apocrypha, Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai, Maou na Ore to Fushihime no Yubiwa, Mahouka Koukou, Problem Children, Seitokai no Ichizon, Oda Nobuna no Yabou, OreDorei, C3, Campione, Owaranai Neko, GJ-BU, Infinite Stratos,Oredorei, Absolute Duo.

Post by Vergilx69 »

woodentiger wrote:
Okay^^ I was just worried to see no news about a 7th book. But I found it strange myself since they still had to conquer the rest of the world :twisted:
Well..... im not trying to be a fag but, who knows is it going to be at least 12 Volumes or beyond..... look what happened with Psycome :(
Don´t get me wrong, I love the series, in my opinion is one of the best, but maybe the Japs doesn´t think so like that :?
"Might controls everything - and without strength, you cannot protect anything; let alone yourself."--Vergil
"Though a fight every now and then does make life a little more interesting, don't ya think?"--Dante
c933103
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by c933103 »

by the time of June/July, the series' author said he is forced to take rest due to his body condition and thus the progress of CWP3/NGNL7 publish would be slightly dragged back. With CWP 3 releasing by November according to some sources, NGNL7 would probably coming soon too and would probably be several months after
sdarkpaladin
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by sdarkpaladin »

Hope the author relax a little and give yen press time to catch up. I'm not really fond of the speed at which they release although their translation quality is good.
ReddevilX0
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ReddevilX0 »

can someone please inform me as to what is the 6h volume is supposed to be about?
seitsuki
Temporal Time Variant Entity

Post by seitsuki »

The domestic market always has been and always will be the main one.
dylan
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by dylan »

Black clouds come above the author... http://seventhstyle.com/2014/09/23/no-g ... t-tracing/
sdarkpaladin
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by sdarkpaladin »

Now if only yen press caught on and drop the localization :twisted:

Ok that was a joke. I assume we read it more for the words than for the images so i don't think the hoo hah will be as big as Nick Simmons whose plagarism was much more blatent. At least the plagiarized part is mostly the pose than wholesale tracing.
Shuiko
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Mahouka and High School DxD

Post by Shuiko »

blah blah blah no private TL means its going to be years before we get English volumes here in NA.
sdarkpaladin
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by sdarkpaladin »

The release is stated to be in the middle of 2015. Judging by the speed at which they are doing Spice and Wolf. I would estimate a 2 years period before Yen Press will reach NGNL Vol 6. Which means Yen press will catch up in no time, provided we have the patience to wait. I'm more worred about SAO and Accel world as there are many more volumes out there and it might take up to 5 years for them to reach the latest. Not to mention the doorstopper that is To Aru.

Return to “Abandoned”