Kokoro Connect

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see kokoro connect Translated?

Yes
100%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
0%
No (Please give a reason)
0%

Total votes: 1007

arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: ココロコネクト/Kokoro Connect

Post by arczyx »

pudding321 wrote:Yes, V3 lasts 3 episodes while the most important V4 lasts only 4 episodes compared to the 5 episodes in V1 and V2

btw, I don't get how V3 can be done in 3 episodes...I mean V3 was longer than V1 or V2...just too much juice there...even if they slash it like SAO, I doubt it...
How much longer to be exact? Probably because volume 3 focus on Aoki and Kiriyama? (in which they're deemed to be no importance)

And they should've make volume 4 to be 5 episodes or more, I heard that volume is quite epic.
Pryun
Asakura Ryoko Terminator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Pryun »

you may get one more editor once the full volume is done(I'm usually don't touch a project until at least one volume is complete, except in cases where i'm somewhat familiar with the story or have read enough a similar story...), but I'll leave it alone if I don't find enough mistakes in it(yeah, I'm odd that way.).
pudding321
Haruhi Bunny Commando
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by pudding321 »

arczyx wrote:
pudding321 wrote:Yes, V3 lasts 3 episodes while the most important V4 lasts only 4 episodes compared to the 5 episodes in V1 and V2

btw, I don't get how V3 can be done in 3 episodes...I mean V3 was longer than V1 or V2...just too much juice there...even if they slash it like SAO, I doubt it...
How much longer to be exact? Probably because volume 3 focus on Aoki and Kiriyama? (in which they're deemed to be no importance)

And they should've make volume 4 to be 5 episodes or more, I heard that volume is quite epic.
Yeah, I realized Taichi was a jerk in vol4...
Spoiler! :
not spoiler teehee =P
LoveLive! and Book Girl Extras: http://schoolidoldiary.wordpress.com/
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by arczyx »

pudding321 wrote: Yeah, I realized Taichi was a jerk in vol4...
Spoiler! :
not spoiler teehee =P
If you're going to play it that way....Fine! Challenge accepted! 8) :lol: :twisted:
pudding321
Haruhi Bunny Commando

Post by pudding321 »

Okay for real...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peebFlryd0w

=P I skipped the middle part because I felt like doing the climax first.

Spoiler! :
Taichi wanted to escape...Though, he convinced himself to take out his first step.

Let me first solve the problem at hand. I don't care what will happen later.

"So...I'm going to tell you now..."

This was the strongest nervousness I ever experience in my life. My whole body felt paralysed. All the things in my stomach felt as if going to pour out.

Taichi didn't know if Inaba was shocked at Taichi's unusual look, but he saw a taut face on Inaba that was ready to confront a battle.

Taichi prepared himself.

"I've...masturbated to you before."

Time stopped.

The air in the room froze as if the temperature of the room was in absolute zero degree.

Taichi's body couldn't move an inch; because if he were to move, the numb air would melt and spread away. He wanted Inaba to react a bit later.

But time surely could not stop.

"...What you said about masturbating to me...Are you referring to that kind of '''masturbation'''?"

Inaba asked.

".........Yeah, it's that '''masturbation'''."

"Oh really? I see...so you took me as your...so this means that Iori and Yui were also took as...?"

...Although his intestines hurt like tearing apart, Taichi could not help but to nod to admit.

"Is that so? So Taichi treats girls of the same grade like this, and exploits them..."

With a still tone and an organzied mind, Inaba was scarier than any living ever existed.

"...You took me as...Bah! Gegege, gahahahahaha!"

Inaba held her stomach and burst into laughter. She laughed so hard it disordered her breathing, while she sat inversely on the sofa and slapped pang, pang.

"Oi...oi...I rarely do it! And almost I've never done it...Are you listening?"

Although Taichi didn't look in the mirror, he knew his face has turned all red.

"Ah~hahaha...Ah...I've laughed too much this is getting painful...Gegege."

Inaba finally stopped laughing. She wiped her tears and gasped as if finishing a marathon.

She wiped her tears a few times again and breathed deeply. Despite this, She seemed to have not laughed enough and couldn't take a hold of herself when she thinks of it. But at the end she grudgingly calmed her body down.

Then she spoke loudly in a tone filled with disgust, displeasure and despise,

"Per~~~~~~~~~~vert!" <!-- Hentai -->

This word brought an impulse like a clear ferocious cut done by a large axe.

"You pervert, dirty dog, freak, psycho, shit, bot, brute, Mikuru in heart!"

Just these verbal attacks could have nailed him to death, Taichi thought.

"...Guwaguuu..."

He could not even speak like a human.

I am a goner; this method certainly is—

"But..."

But at this moment, Inaba's cold look suddenly relieved like she was pleased.

"—What's wrong with a Taichi like that?"

She said and smiled.

"No, I might as well say, Taichi is like that...If you are a boy in puberty, this is natural. By the way, you're bold to say such things...If you don't do it good, you'll be suppressed...It's only me that you're fine with. Please don't tell this to other girls, you idiot."

"So I was saying...the secret that I was hiding is in extreme danger! And I could only tell these things to Inaba."

"Only to me, uh?...Should I be happy about that?...By the way, you're stupid in so many ways! To blurt that secret out was stupid; to think letting others hear it and feel that it'll be okay was stupid; to actually hear it but think it'll be okay was also stupid...and the most stupid thing was to be touched by it..."

Inaba looked upwards, wiped her tears, as if saying 'I must not cry'. Despite this, She seemed to be a late, so she could only incessantly rub her eyes with the collar of her shirt.

"Th-this was that! It's just the tears that was in my eyes when I laughed!"
Lantern
Mikuru's Master

Post by Lantern »

Hey guys!

I'm new here, like fresh out of water new.

I've been interested in joining the translation project for KC for a while as I've already been doing some short translation scenes for sharing and fun purpose on animesuki and my own friends IRL. Special thanks to pudding123's invite, I'd like to jump at the call (finally!)

Since I've never done any real translation works, I have quite a number of questions.

Firstly, regarding translation:

Things I'm concerned about my own work:

1) Like pudding123, I have access to both Chinese translations and Japanese raw scans. While my primary source language is Chinese, I can also read (most of) and compare with the raw version to adjust the writing if necessary, if that's alright with you guys.

2) My writing style also tends to be very slangy whenever it comes to dialogue, it's a bad habit of mine wanting to reduce awkwardness, but I will try to adjust as much as possible. Or should I just focus on translating the contents first?

An example of what I did (I also underlined some parts where I slightly alter the structure to avoid clunkiness, or meaning in English to reflect the situation:

Scene during Prologue of Kako Random.
Spoiler! :
「そうだ、二人あいいのか?」
Inaba: "Oh yea, you two going to be fine?"

「これあるもん!」 「もん!」
"We have this~!" "This~!"

太一を見上げる二人の少女は、当分食べるのを忘れていたらしいわためを口に運ぶ。
The two girls who were looking up at Taichi, proceeds to put their temporary forgotten cotton candy in their mouths.

「遠慮しなくてもいいんだぞ?お兄ちゃんが買ってあげるから」
Taichi: "There's no need to be courteous you know. Oni-chan will buy it for you."

「お前、小さな女の子にはとこ甘いよな」
Inaba: "You sure like to spoil little girls don't you?"

「『小さな女の子』に限定するな。普通に子供に甘いって言え」
Taichi: "Please don't limit it to 'little girls'. Normally speaking I like to spoil children."

「ていうか、そんだけ子供に激甘なんだったら、その恩恵アタシにも分けてくらよ?」
Inaba: "Well, if you're gonna spoil little kids so much, may I have my share of favor as well?"

「...なんかおかれとても?」
Taichi: "You asking me to treat you?"

「そー ゆー こと」
Inaba: "That~ is~ correct!"

「なぜ稲葉に...」
Taichi: "Why must I towards Inaba..."

言いかけて太一はやめる。いつもお世話になっている訳だし、更には少々負い甘もある訳だし、少しくらい構わないだろう。
Taichi wanted to protest but stops short. Remembering how he has always owe to Inaba's help, even more so that he also feels a bit guilty towards her, a treat wouldn't hurt.

「...後ろのポケットに財布入ってるから勝手にとってくれ」
Taichi: "...my wallet is in my back pocket. Take as much as you like."

「りょー かい」
Inaba: "Gotja."
3) Dialogues, should I indicate who's speaking (as I did above) or should I just leave them be? There are quite a few occasions where multiple characters are conversing and in English it becomes very confusing down the road, and then there are those occasions where multiple characters exclaims the same line at the same time, which are indicated like this 「「「「content」」」」.

Secondly, regarding the site:

Well... really just one big general question, I've read the guidelines regarding taking part in projects, as well as registering and stuff, but how do I upload translations/titles/illustrations or make edits? Who do I talk to for permission?

Well, that's all the primary questions I can think of for now. Thanks guys.
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by arczyx »

Lantern wrote:I've been interested in joining the translation project for KC for a while as I've already been doing some short translation scenes for sharing and fun purpose on animesuki and my own friends IRL. Special thanks to pudding123's invite, I'd like to jump at the call (finally!)
Wow, thank you and good luck! :D
Lantern wrote:1) Like pudding123, I have access to both Chinese translations and Japanese raw scans. While my primary source language is Chinese, I can also read (most of) and compare with the raw version to adjust the writing if necessary, if that's alright with you guys.
It's alright of course.
Lantern wrote:2) My writing style also tends to be very slangy whenever it comes to dialogue, it's a bad habit of mine wanting to reduce awkwardness, but I will try to adjust as much as possible. Or should I just focus on translating the contents first?
Ask pudding for that. For me personally it's fine, but try to reduce it whenever you can.
Lantern wrote:3) Dialogues, should I indicate who's speaking (as I did above) or should I just leave them be? There are quite a few occasions where multiple characters are conversing and in English it becomes very confusing down the road, and then there are those occasions where multiple characters exclaims the same line at the same time, which are indicated like this 「「「「content」」」」.
I think it would be better if you just leave them be. Novel is a work of art after all, the meaning gonna change if you add the speaker's name (in my opinion, Mahouka is even more confusing)
Lantern wrote:Well... really just one big general question, I've read the guidelines regarding taking part in projects, as well as registering and stuff, but how do I upload translations/titles/illustrations or make edits? Who do I talk to for permission?
for uploading illustrations, there is an "upload file" link at the bottom of the sidebar (the bar on the left).

for uploading translation, first you need to create the link. Click the edit button at the top right, then just copy an existing link and adjust the necessary part (like the volume/chapter), Click "save page", and a link is created.

Now, look at the link, it's colored red because there's no content in it yet. Click it. And that's where you put your translation. Click the "save page" and you're done!

For now this should be enough, you can rely on the others to handle trivial things, just keep checking the "recent changes".

It's also a big problem for me when first come to BT, in the end I spent several hours just to understand it. :mrgreen:

btw, you got pudding's name wrong :lol:
Lantern
Mikuru's Master

Post by Lantern »

Thanks for the answers. And big oops, my bad pudding321! :shock:

I'll continue to talk to pudding about writing style then, since he did read what I posted on anisuki.

So basically I am free to upload contents (or edit/create new pages, the way I see it) as long as they're the right stuff right?

Anyway, thanks for the support. I personally would love to help this series get some positive recognition so it's the least I can do.

As soon as I sort out a few personal things this couple of days I'll get the project running.
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by arczyx »

Do you guys know about this? And read the following posts too.

For more detail, here.
pudding321
Haruhi Bunny Commando

Post by pudding321 »

arczyx wrote:Do you guys know about this? And read the following posts too.

For more detail, here.
Saw the video yesterday already...I didn't know it was this chaotic, I thought it just caused their bd sales to plummet.
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by arczyx »

pudding321 wrote:Saw the video yesterday already...I didn't know it was this chaotic, I thought it just caused their bd sales to plummet.
But the episode 14-17 won't be affected.........right? :roll:
pudding321
Haruhi Bunny Commando

Post by pudding321 »

arczyx wrote:
pudding321 wrote:Saw the video yesterday already...I didn't know it was this chaotic, I thought it just caused their bd sales to plummet.
But the episode 14-17 won't be affected.........right? :roll:
they will still air it; or else otakus will die of boredom.

poor guy, just too bad he didn't remember to sign a contract beforehand, or else he could have sue them.
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by arczyx »

pudding321 wrote:they will still air it; or else otakus will die of boredom.
Air it? As far as I know, it'll be streamed online or BD only, which is why I'm worried....(but it seems unlikely though)
pudding321 wrote:poor guy, just too bad he didn't remember to sign a contract beforehand, or else he could have sue them.
Maybe because he is too happy to be given a "significant role"?
Lantern
Mikuru's Master

Re: ココロコネクト/Kokoro Connect: General

Post by Lantern »

Just update the main page with Vol. 4-8 titles and chapter titles minus the ones in Vol.7. Will be uploading the illustration sets tonight.

Also would any kind soul advise me how you would put this term "進路調查" in English in the least clunky manner? It's the one thing that's keeping me from translating Vol.7 chapter titles properly :oops:

I'm also having a bit of trouble aligning the novel splash pages on the right side due to the short list of chapters on Clip Time, so if any one can help with that would be nice as well.

Thanks guys. :)
pudding321
Haruhi Bunny Commando

Re: ココロコネクト/Kokoro Connect: General

Post by pudding321 »

Lantern wrote: Also would any kind soul advise me how you would put this term "進路調查" in English in the least clunky manner? It's the one thing that's keeping me from translating Vol.7 chapter titles properly :oops:
The translation the unofficial translation used for the name of the chapter is 志願調查的季節 (The season to hand in the application...clunky eh?= =)

Most schools use the term preference list to call 志願調查, and I think it fits the case where Taichi has to choose the subjects he wish to study.

As for the name of the chapter, I think "The Season for the Preference List has come"
Not only does this name tells us its the time for them to write their preference list, but it also implies that they are facing a deadline in a short time and they must now make a decision.

Hope that helps :roll:

Return to “Abandoned”