Mushoku Tensei ~Isekaiittara Honkidasu~

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Mushoku Tensei ~Isekaiittara Honkidasu~

Post by cautr »

TJP1600 wrote:I was the mastermind behind the troller, no need for the applause.
Not sure if serious...
Translator at guhehe.TRANSLATIONS

"Life's a tale, told by an idiot." -Shakespeare
stellarroze
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by stellarroze »

TJP1600 wrote:I was the mastermind behind the troller, no need for the applause.
*clap* *clap* *clap*

We can argue as much as we like about this, but if the Project Supervisor or Manager won't do anything about it, then it's all futile.

Personally, I don't agree with allowing machine translators on Baka-Tsuki since they're not accurate and deters actual translators from working on projects. The only good thing about them is that they produce hilarious results. :lol:
acolyte
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by acolyte »

cautr wrote:
Not sure if serious...
Well not behind cother but the trolling that comes after cother.
stellarroze wrote:
*clap* *clap* *clap*

We can argue as much as we like about this, but if the Project Supervisor or Manager won't do anything about it, then it's all futile.

Personally, I don't agree with allowing machine translators on Baka-Tsuki since they're not accurate and deters actual translators from working on projects. The only good thing about them is that they produce hilarious results. :lol:
Yeah the current translators were taken aback by the machine translations and lost their motivation for a while to do those vandalized pages.. It kinda works against the spirit of B-T.. It's fine if it invites more translators but it ruins the purpose if it forces existing translators to leave.
krytyk
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by krytyk »

Dear machine translator COTHER,

Your translation is beyond horrible. You must change your method immediately.

From the few lines of the the non-sugarcoated script, it is obvious that you are in no way a capable translator. I don't think I have ever seen something as disastrous as your work. You do not seem to be proficient in either of the two languages, and on top of that, your comparison method is cancerous. It basically means you are mixing machine translations and making the script even more innacurate.

If you have that much free time, start learning either English or Japanese. I believe many translators would want to nuke your scripts, and I share the same sentiment. So please stop posting garbage in the wiki.

So yeah, try to improve your language skills and don't add cancer to the wiki.

---Kira0802's message who is currently in china and unable to log in atm.

(krytyk only acted as a relay asked by Kira).
- JAP to ENG translator for AntiMagic Academy "The 35th Test Platoon"; ELYSION virtual region; Omae wo Onii-chan ni Shite Yarouka!?; Only Sense Online -
- Retired Manga Redrawer/Typesetter. @Manga-Heaven; @Kono-Basho; @wangan-scans; &anonymous releases.
TheCatWalk
Project Translator

Post by TheCatWalk »

Everything below certainly does not mean any offense and is for educational(??) purposes only. if u think it's offensive then delete the post, idc.

I got a few things to say.
1. the thing that pisses me off most is the misplaced japanese words like arigatou, desu, ne, domo, teme, ohayo, gomen, baka. u can use their English forms just fine to bring out the meaning. what u guys did, was turn mushoku tansei the polygamist series into a weaboo series (no offense)

2. the grammar. Duuude, if u r gonna do mtls then at least put some effort. i get that some of u dont understand nor can read jap at all but hey, english shouldnt be a problem right? right? if you wanna make people read ur works then make them readable. this is elementary level stuff guys, re-arrange the sentences to a better form. or..or u can quite and no one will mind. copy and paste has no place in baka-tsuki. what you are doing is an insult to all of those people who find time in their busy daily lives to tl stuff for others to enjoy (and of course, for their own enjoyment too).

so bottom line, please dont screw around and maintain some standards....

Sincerely and as polite as ever
-TheCatWalk
MAIN HEROINES FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Vanant
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Vanant »

TheCatWalk wrote:Everything below certainly does not mean any offense and is for educational(??) purposes only. if u think it's offensive then delete the post, idc.
1. the thing that pisses me off most is the misplaced japanese words like arigatou, desu, ne, domo, teme, ohayo, gomen, baka. u can use their English forms just fine to bring out the meaning. what u guys did, was turn mushoku tansei the polygamist series into a weaboo series (no offense)
Who did that?
EcoJakk
Astral Realm

Post by EcoJakk »

TheCatWalk wrote:Everything below certainly does not mean any offense and is for educational(??) purposes only. if u think it's offensive then delete the post, idc.

I got a few things to say.
I think maintaining the phrasing of words such as baka, nii-chan or wording such as desu or ne allows you to understand the characters personality better. An easy example is that brother doesn't allow any interpretation, it could be nii-chan, ani or even onii-sama in the original. The Japanese doesn't transfer well into english and if just translated into its direct English version it can cause you to miss sincerity, respect or sarcasm.
TheCatWalk
Project Translator

Post by TheCatWalk »

EcoJakk wrote:
I think maintaining the phrasing of words such as baka, nii-chan or wording such as desu or ne allows you to understand the characters personality better. An easy example is that brother doesn't allow any interpretation, it could be nii-chan, ani or even onii-sama in the original. The Japanese doesn't transfer well into english and if just translated into its direct English version it can cause you to miss sincerity, respect or sarcasm.
stuff like nii-chan, aniki, anego, onee-chan, nee-san are used frequently and as people who are used to them, they dont bother us as much. but in most novels, there are a looot of characters that use desu simply as a sentense ender and not as a special characteristic (like izuna in ngnl for example uses it as a special characteristic...not so much for the countless others). so is there a need to keep everyone of them?
and ne, baka, onegai, arigatou...these can be tl'ed into english without any errors in transfering the mood. (unless its like a sexy onee-chan saying o~ne-ga~i or something...temtping)
so yea...i think u get my point.
Vanant wrote: Who did that?
idk but i saw a few of them the last time i read it (which was a while ago) idk now since i am not even following mushoku anymore (i dislike mtls in genarals u see :) )
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

TheCatWalk is right. Words that can be translated without a loss in meaning, should be translated. "Ne", "Desu", or "Baka" can very well be translated. Words such as "Nii-chan" or "Itadakimasu" can be translated, but the nuance would be down the drain. That's still an attempt on a J->E translation. So at least try the E.

But seriously. "arigatou, desu, ne, domo, teme, ohayo, gomen, baka" -> Who lets those stay?!

Vanant
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Vanant »

cautr wrote:TheCatWalk is right. Words that can be translated without a loss in meaning, should be translated. "Ne", "Desu", or "Baka" can very well be translated. Words such as "Nii-chan" or "Itadakimasu" can be translated, but the nuance would be down the drain. That's still an attempt on a J->E translation. So at least try the E.
No argument there.
cautr wrote:But seriously. "arigatou, desu, ne, domo, teme, ohayo, gomen, baka" -> Who lets those stay?!
Exactly what I was wondering.
claws
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by claws »

Hello again,

So behind some chapters there a few terms that are being posted.

Incomplete ( there is text missing)
Preview ( going by what has been said on the forum: machine translation)
Editing in progress ( <- is what is confusing me, my geus was: machine translation that has been edited but need TL upclearing?)

So i wanted to ask what they meant, i put my own understand behind the terms, but if i am wrong, correct me plz.
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

claws wrote:Editing in progress ( <- is what is confusing me, my geus was: machine translation that has been edited but need TL upclearing?)
Just wondering, how do you get to that conclusion?

TheCatWalk
Project Translator

Post by TheCatWalk »

cautr wrote:
claws wrote:Editing in progress ( <- is what is confusing me, my geus was: machine translation that has been edited but need TL upclearing?)
Editing in progress probably means that the editing has not been completed and the editors are currently working on it, if my common sense serves me right 8)
claws
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by claws »

cautr wrote:
Well my commen sense is: you start something you finish it. i attack project/task/assignment in one go. only stop when i am forcefully interupted.
Thought that "seeing there are more people working on the chapters" editors done what they could and let TL's take care of the rest.

My mistake i geus.
SAimNE
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by SAimNE »

huge thanks to everyone translating this series. thing updates amazingly fast and is probably one of the most entertaining series on the entire site. Though hugely sad at one particular missing chunk in the translations.
Spoiler! :
why of all things did it have to be sylphy's wedding
, i'm practically driving myself insane waiting on the chance to read that epic culmination of everything cute and perfect :lol:

Also on the previous subject i think the japanese that should stay would be the -san/kun/chan stuff since that determines relationships, baka in some situations(this is simply because tsunderes are cuter when they say baka instead of idiot so your arguments are vetoed 8) ), and probably itadakimasu but "thanks for the food" works pretty much as well. Additionally, a reason for all of the above to stay, 99% of the people reading these things know at least those words so it doesn't cause a coherency problem o.o.(needless to say onii-chan nii-san and so on all stay. if ever the girls of the world stopped saying those rudy would stroke.)

Return to “Abandoned”