Mushoku Tensei ~Isekaiittara Honkidasu~

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

draega20
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Mushoku Tensei ~Isekaiittara Honkidasu~

Post by draega20 »

Just wanted to say thank you to the translators for translating this great series. Started reading a few days ago and have finished reading all the chapters up to the untranslated ones in volume 7. Looking forward to reading the rest of volume 7 whenever it gets translated.
Mordant
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mordant »

I've got quite a spoiler-ish question (for people not up to date with current translation) -
Spoiler! :
when does Eris makes a comeback / is reunited with Rudie? From reading chapter titles it looks like it will be in 15-16 volume, after Sylphie (school) and Roxy (labyrinth).
It's kinda shame not to see here for so long... Though I guess that's what you get for breaking Main Character heart (and his Confidence) :P
acolyte
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by acolyte »

Looks like we're having quality issues now.
Myopius
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Myopius »

The user page of the person who just posted volume 9 (COTHER) says: "well as anuone can tell i cant read japen yet so to componsa im using 6 machine translation comparing editing and finaly posting yhe result but i have a time when i want to finich quik so i post a result from one of 6 translator". I'm reading this as 1) COTHER can't read Japanese. 2) S/he just pasted a machine translation for an entire volume. 3) When s/he has time, s/he plans to compare lines from that machine translation with lines from other ones, and pick the best-looking ones + make edits. By the way, COTHER earlier said s/he didn't use a machine translation, but it appears that was a miscommunication (as most people could guess from the randomly inserted untranslated kanji and other phrasing patterns).

It's nice that the (Preview) part of the policy from http://www.baka-tsuki.org:8080/forums/v ... f=4&t=1705 was enforced here. But I personally worry about allowing people to post machine translations that haven't been edited at all in place of actual translations, just because those people say they're planning to improve them later. Sure, you can call it a (Preview) and think that people will read the disclaimer and make an informed decision, but when the preview is this incomprehensible and is directly after properly translated chapters, it's like Baka-Tsuki is saying to readers, "Hey, if you're really desperate to read what happens next, how about being satisfied with Google Translate?" :( Plenty of people have already chosen to read machine translations, but it seems like a serious shame to promote them when this project's translators have so much momentum.

Machine translations that people put time and effort into "cleaning up" are essentially retellings of the chapter from an informed person in as much as detail as they can manage, and in some cases might be almost as enjoyable as reading a real translation. That's the kind of machine translation that I personally think would be fine to see as a (Preview).
Treyon
Haruhiist Sensei
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Treyon »

About those previews, COTHER said: Hi well how should i say that ,i wanted to register for the volume first but like you told it can only be done by 2 translator and for the second i couldent wait for them to translat the volume 9 because i wanted to read it or should i call it i was runing out of time so i used i machine translation but in the end i didnt understand the context so i posted it as a ( PREVIEW) not to complet or trouble the translator just to read it they are free to change it or edit even delet is not a probleme.

And since they weren’t a proper translation they were all changed to preview. Now, whether they will be kept or be removed needs decided by the supervisor.

Now i hope that people would avoid putting machine translations for entire volumes that they did not register to avoid trouble, even more so if they were done in a rush with machine translations. And first register properly for the chapters you will do and then upload a proper translation instead of a preview since it’s up to the editors help translators and fix any minor error we find.

PD: It was asked that Mushoku Tensei needs to be divided into Published Volumes and Original Light Novel Sections. So until the final desicion is made things might be a little confusing
Last edited by Treyon on Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
claws
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by claws »

soo.... i don't understand the diffrence between the 2, so if some1 can explain that to me that would be great.
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

even more so if they were done in a rush with machine translations.
There is no "rush". It's not like it's bad because it's done in a "rush". It's bad because it's a MTL to begin with. If you have no clue whatsoever about Japanese, how do you think stuff could ever turn out right? That language is ambiguous as hell, and if you're entrusting a machine to think for you, then it's bound to fail.

MTL stuff is here because you (!) readers want content and don't care for the quality. I, personally, would say, "rather nothing than crap". But the leeching legion thinks exactly the opposite.

Anyway, great stuff that "translated" series. If the TL had put the time he spent on that into actually learning Japanese, I wonder if that had been better. :roll: More content for the mighty Biber at least.
Translator at guhehe.TRANSLATIONS

"Life's a tale, told by an idiot." -Shakespeare
Treyon
Haruhiist Sensei
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Treyon »

cautr wrote:
even more so if they were done in a rush with machine translations.
There is no "rush". It's not like it's bad because it's done in a "rush". It's bad because it's a MTL to begin with. If you have no clue whatsoever about Japanese, how do you think stuff could ever turn out right? That language is ambiguous as hell, and if you're entrusting a machine to think for you, then it's bound to fail.

MTL stuff is here because you (!) readers want content and don't care for the quality. I, personally, would say, "rather nothing than crap". But the leeching legion thinks exactly the opposite.

Anyway, great stuff that "translated" series. If the TL had put the time he spent on that into actually learning Japanese, I wonder if that had been better. :roll: More content for the mighty Biber at least.
Well, in that aspect i to agree, but if done properly and with the help of someone who knows japanese and can check things for you might help.

I also hope that in the future machine translations will go to another level where you might be able to traduce perfectly in real time O.o, that way you can go in a vacation to another country and dont get scammed :lol: :lol:

Now about the novel, volume 7 and 8 are almost done. Ty to translators. Now once that finished us editors will help out fix any errors or issues we might find. I ask pls that if you notice something that needs to be fixed or seen say so, that way we can cooperate and increase quality! :D
claws
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by claws »

Dude whats with the bottlenecking/troling :cry: :cry:
I love you guys so much for translating/editing, but you can't give me a half a key to the next 10 chapters and not expect me to refresh the page every 5 minutes. I am just staring at the screen... reminding myself that in the half chapter you wrote: that it would be uploaded As Soon As Possible.

QQíng in my bed,
Much love,
Claws
decemdies
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by decemdies »

@claws

Ah, thanks for the translation. It's actually fine if you take your time. When i started reading this novel, i was following SilentWolfie's updates for awhile. The updates were about once every week. Which was a consistent speed. Then in this month of July alone, another 8 translators suddenly join which kinda boosted the speed up to about 1 volume every week. In early July, only 3 volumes were translated. Now at the end of July, volume 8 is almost completed. There's already 5 volumes in a month. If people still complain,then let them. No need to pay heed to the ungrateful.

In return, take your time to make a good translation. Many thanks again to ALL the translators.
"Sabin, you're alive!"
"[laughs merrily] But of course! You think a minor thing like the end of the world was gonna do me in?
kwh89
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by kwh89 »

ppl who need high quality translations can buy the english translated books if its ever release. =)
wuhugm
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by wuhugm »

Waiting for the rest of fitts-senpai chapter :)

must've been refreshing dozens of time
Myopius
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Myopius »

Judging from some comments in the Talk pages of the wiki, there doesn't seem to be much consensus on what exactly qualifies as a machine translation... I just hope that the editors don't exhaust themselves trying to clean up translations that are rife with semantic and/or technical errors. decembdies mentioned that 5 volumes were translated in a month. I wouldn't be surprised if another 5 volumes were completed in August...

On a totally unrelated note, I just want to say that I've been impressed by the thoughtfulness and dedication of the people working on the Names and Terminology page. I also learned a lot about all the cool references the author makes.
wuhugm
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by wuhugm »

Yay! It's here!
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

Myopius wrote:I just hope that the editors don't exhaust themselves trying to clean up translations that are rife with semantic and/or technical errors.
I think you readers, editors, and translators on this project don't understand, that MTL can't be fixed by editors. You can make it look pretty, but you can't make it right. It's a "guess"-lation, which can go as wrong as it gets. Basically, the way this project works ATM is the embodiment of everything that's wrong with BT. So I guess it's doing good as an example.
Translator at guhehe.TRANSLATIONS

"Life's a tale, told by an idiot." -Shakespeare

Return to “Abandoned”