Mushoku Tensei ~Isekaiittara Honkidasu~

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

DragonKing0117
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Mushoku Tensei ~Isekaiittara Honkidasu~

Post by DragonKing0117 »

So it turns out some guy on Wattpad has been taking the translated works of various series, Mushoku Tensei included, and posting them all as his own. The following link provides more information from a translator who found the story he was translating among the stolen works.
http://www.wuxiaworld.com/psa-scumbag-thief-found
The complete list so far is as follows:
[*]57 chapters of ‘Doulou Dalu’
[*]23 chapters of ‘Tate no yuusha no Nariagari’
[*]57 chapters of ‘Mushoku Tensei’
[*]11 chapters of ‘Gun-Ota ga Mahou Sekai ni Tensei Shitara’
[*]12 chapters of ‘Overlord’
[*]26 chapters of ‘Suterareta yuusha no Eiyuutan’
[*]67 chapters of 'Coiling Dragon' the series that the author of the post linked translated in its entirety so far.
Malx
Astral Realm

Post by Malx »

When I first started reading Mushoku Tensei not to long ago I checked the forum and didn't see any PDFs available so I decided to make my own, and thought I would upload them for those that want them. I used the "Full Text" pages available to make them, Some of the chapters are still listed as Preview but I was enjoying the them so much that I couldn't wait but while reading them I didn't get the feeling they were incomplete though so it should be fine to read.

Heres a link to Volumes 1-21 which currently have "Full Text"s on the site. (I had to put the pdfs for volumes 1 & 2 in a rar file because for some reason mediafire would hang while uploading them just as pdfs like the rest)
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9y4gkm ... oku_Tensei
Agonal
Astral Realm

Post by Agonal »

uberpr0 wrote:Hmm, i didn't put in spoilers because
Spoiler! :
i didn't really think it was any sort of spoiler that he hasn't learned gravity magic. Maybe the part about him knowing about it from his future self but i mean that's not even a major spoiler of the sort,
just some generic question anyways.

I think he asked orsted about it but i don't think he asked him to teach him (that or he said that he wasn't that good a teacher of gravity magic so he told rudeus he should research it himself?)
I'm also interested in how the author explains the fact that magic can influence gravity and the applications of that so called magic, but what im guessing since it's like "Hey this magic is pretty much poke you and everything around you,
the author won't make it so that rudeus will learn it anytime soon, to not make him super overpowered (atleast not for now)
but you did drop some plot points...
Spoiler! :
regarding his meeting his future self.

Gravity magic would actually be remarkable simple compared to some of the other magics already introduced. Gravity is merely acceleration; 9.81m/s^2. (M = meters, s=time, in seconds). The very fact he can fire a rock bullet means he can directly effect both speed(velocity) and acceleration of an object with magic.

But i do agree with your disappointment as i am mildly disappointed that he hasnt learned it. I also agree that it could be so Rudeus doesn't become overpowered as hell. Basically, gravity maniplutation (acceleration of an object) would give him access to the highest tier of offensive and defensive mobility. IE: 1) flight and other high-speed movement 2) force push (just mind-punting everyone into the sky like a child flicking a paper football) 3) immobilizing adversaries by increasing their weight 4) manipulation of a high speed spinning, flying blade to mow down enemies (poorly imagery, sorry). There are far more sinister applications, like using highgravity quotients to crush someone into a bloody pulp, like a like a trash compactor...anyways, you get the idea here. Gravity = way too OP.

This manipulation of time travel is much more Controversial than is gravity magic in my opinion. But whatever. I kind of hope that the MC can use it at some point to, perhaps, somehow bind himself into Orsted's loop at Orsted's expense (the negative mana regen x2) to restart his life from infancy to go for a "perfect ending." Maybe send a self-made tome of all magic back through time to orsted's vault which orsted can plant for him (say in his tree he studies at), allowing him to use all magic voiceless incantation of ALL magics (healing, barrier, summoning in particular,) learn to use Touki (maybe?), save Eris' parents, save his father, spy/acquire more information from Hitogami, etc etc. i have very specific and elaborate ideas in mind in this regard, but in the end it is mostly my own selfish ideation.
Onii-sama
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Onii-sama »

DragonKing0117 wrote:So it turns out some guy on Wattpad has been taking the translated works of various series, Mushoku Tensei included, and posting them all as his own. The following link provides more information from a translator who found the story he was translating among the stolen works.
http://www.wuxiaworld.com/psa-scumbag-thief-found
The complete list so far is as follows:
[*]57 chapters of ‘Doulou Dalu’
[*]23 chapters of ‘Tate no yuusha no Nariagari’
[*]57 chapters of ‘Mushoku Tensei’
[*]11 chapters of ‘Gun-Ota ga Mahou Sekai ni Tensei Shitara’
[*]12 chapters of ‘Overlord’
[*]26 chapters of ‘Suterareta yuusha no Eiyuutan’
[*]67 chapters of 'Coiling Dragon' the series that the author of the post linked translated in its entirety so far.
Looks like the take down request worked. It's shutdown now.
God Ginrai
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by God Ginrai »

Hey imagelesskink, can you confirm that you are going to complete the chapters from volume 9 that are still preview? I know you said you would before, but it has been over a week since you completed the translations you did for the new volume and they still say "On Hold" on the registration page. I'm not trying to rush you, just want to make sure it is still on the books and confirm if progress has started on it.

-God Ginrai
abhishantz
Astral Realm

Post by abhishantz »

can you please add the full text optio for 22nd volume? thanks
altuncb
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by altuncb »

Can someone translate the Mushoku Tensei - Side Stories please. I really want to know about "The Overthrow of the Dragon Emperor"
GoXDS
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by GoXDS »

Agonal wrote:
Spoiler! :
i didn't really think it was any sort of spoiler that he hasn't learned gravity magic. Maybe the part about him knowing about it from his future self but i mean that's not even a major spoiler of the sort,

I think he asked orsted about it but i don't think he asked him to teach him (that or he said that he wasn't that good a teacher of gravity magic so he told rudeus he should research it himself?)
I'm also interested in how the author explains the fact that magic can influence gravity and the applications of that so called magic, but what im guessing since it's like "Hey this magic is pretty much poke you and everything around you,
the author won't make it so that rudeus will learn it anytime soon, to not make him super overpowered (atleast not for now)
Spoiler! :

Gravity magic would actually be remarkable simple compared to some of the other magics already introduced. Gravity is merely acceleration; 9.81m/s^2. (M = meters, s=time, in seconds). The very fact he can fire a rock bullet means he can directly effect both speed(velocity) and acceleration of an object with magic.

But i do agree with your disappointment as i am mildly disappointed that he hasnt learned it. I also agree that it could be so Rudeus doesn't become overpowered as hell. Basically, gravity maniplutation (acceleration of an object) would give him access to the highest tier of offensive and defensive mobility. IE: 1) flight and other high-speed movement 2) force push (just mind-punting everyone into the sky like a child flicking a paper football) 3) immobilizing adversaries by increasing their weight 4) manipulation of a high speed spinning, flying blade to mow down enemies (poorly imagery, sorry). There are far more sinister applications, like using highgravity quotients to crush someone into a bloody pulp, like a like a trash compactor...anyways, you get the idea here. Gravity = way too OP.

This manipulation of time travel is much more Controversial than is gravity magic in my opinion. But whatever. I kind of hope that the MC can use it at some point to, perhaps, somehow bind himself into Orsted's loop at Orsted's expense (the negative mana regen x2) to restart his life from infancy to go for a "perfect ending." Maybe send a self-made tome of all magic back through time to orsted's vault which orsted can plant for him (say in his tree he studies at), allowing him to use all magic voiceless incantation of ALL magics (healing, barrier, summoning in particular,) learn to use Touki (maybe?), save Eris' parents, save his father, spy/acquire more information from Hitogami, etc etc. i have very specific and elaborate ideas in mind in this regard, but in the end it is mostly my own selfish ideation.
I beg to differ
Spoiler! :
Gravity isn't "merely" acceleration. more accurately, it's force (towards a point). acceleration can be a consequence of said force but isn't the main effect. gravity could certainly be useful for Rudeus but may not be as OP as you describe it. since it's simply force, people with lots of strength like Badigadi or others could resist the pull. and ofc it depends on how much output Rudeus can bring out. there's also the possibility that it's a double edged weapon since it's not localizable (as most stories conveniently make it).

Orsted has mentioned it isn't quite as simple to learn or at least implied as such. it also may not be as easy to learn as described by you. Rudeus has so far only manipulated the speed/acceleration of whatever his mana was directly producing. well this is somewhat debatable with Wind magic (when he was separating components of the air). for Earth, Fire, and Water, in general, his mana directly produces the materials then manipulates it. off the top of my head, I do not recall him manipulating elements that he did not directly create first ie. move water in a river. thus, thinking of how gravity magic works will be an obstacle for Rudeus especially since Rudeus relies on understanding of the phenomenon to make it Voiceless and most people don't really understand gravity either.

but the reason Rudeus hasn't gone around learning it is because he's been too busy with children and all this preparation
altuncb
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by altuncb »

No vol 23 this month?
imagelesskink
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Mushoku Tensei

Post by imagelesskink »

God Ginrai wrote:Hey imagelesskink, can you confirm that you are going to complete the chapters from volume 9 that are still preview? I know you said you would before, but it has been over a week since you completed the translations you did for the new volume and they still say "On Hold" on the registration page. I'm not trying to rush you, just want to make sure it is still on the books and confirm if progress has started on it.

-God Ginrai
I've been consecutively extremely sick since the year started, and assignments have been piling up, so it will probably be a little while longer. I'll try to get them out before the new volume goes up in March though.

Agonal wrote:
Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

Gravity is simple? Have you ever tried reading on the Theory of General Relativity?
redzero36
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by redzero36 »

Anyone have info about vol 22? I just want to know if its okay to be reading the text on pastebin? Are those previews on pastebin complete chapters or partial? Is the english okay so it could be understood?
God Ginrai
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by God Ginrai »

imagelesskink wrote: I've been consecutively extremely sick since the year started, and assignments have been piling up, so it will probably be a little while longer. I'll try to get them out before the new volume goes up in March though.
Thanks for responding. I'm sorry to hear that you've been getting sick. I wish you good health. I look forward to reading the chapters once you have completed them. :)

-God Ginrai
Agonal
Astral Realm

Post by Agonal »

GoXDS wrote: I beg to differ
Spoiler! :
Gravity isn't "merely" acceleration. more accurately, it's force (towards a point)(1&2). acceleration can be a consequence of said force but isn't the main effect.

(3)gravity could certainly be useful for Rudeus but may not be as OP as you describe it. since it's simply force, people with lots of strength like Badigadi or others could resist the pull. and ofc it depends on how much output Rudeus can bring out. there's also the possibility that it's a double edged weapon since it's not localizable (as most stories conveniently make it).

(4)Orsted has mentioned it isn't quite as simple to learn or at least implied as such. it also may not be as easy to learn as described by you. Rudeus has so far only manipulated the speed/acceleration of whatever his mana was directly producing. well this is somewhat debatable with Wind magic (when he was separating components of the air). for Earth, Fire, and Water, in general, his mana directly produces the materials then manipulates it. off the top of my head, I do not recall him manipulating elements that he did not directly create first ie. move water in a river. thus, thinking of how gravity magic works will be an obstacle for Rudeus especially since Rudeus relies on understanding of the phenomenon to make it Voiceless and most people don't really understand gravity either.

(5)but the reason Rudeus hasn't gone around learning it is because he's been too busy with children and all this preparation
GoXDS:
Spoiler! :
1) acceleration is always towards a given direction, thus it goes without saying that it "goes towards a point".
2) it is not "force" because "mass" is not involved in gravity. Gravity isacceleration, and in the case of Earth's gravity field, is a constant (arguments as to how distance from the field effects it, notwithstanding).
The more mass something has has no effect on the rate that it falls, IE a brick falling faster than an apple (Again, arguments for terminal velocity notwithstanding).
3) Nothing in this universe is exempt for the laws of gravity. Badigadi and the like are no less exempt. If gravity can cause stars to collapse (secondary to fission (process of atoms smashing together to create new matter)-> creates iron -> kills star / supernova), then I wouldn't imagine a living entity being any different. It is OP, and a strong enough gravitational field could crush any adversary - literally - to a pulp.
4) As I recall it, which may or may not be fully accurate, Orsted said it was, "difficult to control in battle." But, it appeared he used it during the encounter at the Red Dragon's Lower Jaw pass while fighting Rudeus and company (specifically, it was the way Orsted moved). This is one application of gravity magic at work.
Additionally, Rudeus's future self told and showed him that he was capable of using gravity magic; a poor display moving a globule of ink, but capable nonetheless.
5)Indeed. that, and because he himself is aware that his attention is spread too thin with all that's going on. In fact, it was this very thing that was the whole reason behind his making that diary/journal: so that he could keep track of all his random observations, goals, theories, and etc. But that all went out the window as soon as his future self showed up!
I'm started re-reading the light novel since posting, and he does this frequently throughout the series. He has some form of epiphany, and then never follows through with it. It will come up again later, and he'll have some vague recollection via inner-monologue like, "This sounds familiar," or, "I think i remember having this same theory at some point," like when talking with "fitts" about voiceless incantation theory. Gravity magic is just another one of many examples.
GoXDS
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by GoXDS »

Agonal wrote:
GoXDS wrote: I beg to differ
Spoiler! :
Gravity isn't "merely" acceleration. more accurately, it's force (towards a point)(1&2). acceleration can be a consequence of said force but isn't the main effect.

(3)gravity could certainly be useful for Rudeus but may not be as OP as you describe it. since it's simply force, people with lots of strength like Badigadi or others could resist the pull. and ofc it depends on how much output Rudeus can bring out. there's also the possibility that it's a double edged weapon since it's not localizable (as most stories conveniently make it).

(4)Orsted has mentioned it isn't quite as simple to learn or at least implied as such. it also may not be as easy to learn as described by you. Rudeus has so far only manipulated the speed/acceleration of whatever his mana was directly producing. well this is somewhat debatable with Wind magic (when he was separating components of the air). for Earth, Fire, and Water, in general, his mana directly produces the materials then manipulates it. off the top of my head, I do not recall him manipulating elements that he did not directly create first ie. move water in a river. thus, thinking of how gravity magic works will be an obstacle for Rudeus especially since Rudeus relies on understanding of the phenomenon to make it Voiceless and most people don't really understand gravity either.

(5)but the reason Rudeus hasn't gone around learning it is because he's been too busy with children and all this preparation
GoXDS:
Spoiler! :
1) acceleration is always towards a given direction, thus it goes without saying that it "goes towards a point".
2) it is not "force" because "mass" is not involved in gravity. Gravity isacceleration, and in the case of Earth's gravity field, is a constant (arguments as to how distance from the field effects it, notwithstanding).
The more mass something has has no effect on the rate that it falls, IE a brick falling faster than an apple (Again, arguments for terminal velocity notwithstanding).
3) Nothing in this universe is exempt for the laws of gravity. Badigadi and the like are no less exempt. If gravity can cause stars to collapse (secondary to fission (process of atoms smashing together to create new matter)-> creates iron -> kills star / supernova), then I wouldn't imagine a living entity being any different. It is OP, and a strong enough gravitational field could crush any adversary - literally - to a pulp.
4) As I recall it, which may or may not be fully accurate, Orsted said it was, "difficult to control in battle." But, it appeared he used it during the encounter at the Red Dragon's Lower Jaw pass while fighting Rudeus and company (specifically, it was the way Orsted moved). This is one application of gravity magic at work.
Additionally, Rudeus's future self told and showed him that he was capable of using gravity magic; a poor display moving a globule of ink, but capable nonetheless.
5)Indeed. that, and because he himself is aware that his attention is spread too thin with all that's going on. In fact, it was this very thing that was the whole reason behind his making that diary/journal: so that he could keep track of all his random observations, goals, theories, and etc. But that all went out the window as soon as his future self showed up!
I'm started re-reading the light novel since posting, and he does this frequently throughout the series. He has some form of epiphany, and then never follows through with it. It will come up again later, and he'll have some vague recollection via inner-monologue like, "This sounds familiar," or, "I think i remember having this same theory at some point," like when talking with "fitts" about voiceless incantation theory. Gravity magic is just another one of many examples.
Spoiler! :
1) it isn't too obvious that force is towards a SINGLE point because, like I said, too often, in stories, gravity is extremely localized to a disk over a target and thus rather than converging towards a single point, it's parallel to a single direction
2) I never even mentioned mass o_o... also, gravity is a force. it's one of the 4 forces of nature. acceleration is not constant. gravitational constant due to Earth's gravity is constant. you sitting on your chair has 0 acceleration towards the center of the Earth because the force due to gravity is canceled by the normal force of the seat. vs you're free falling and there you have an acceleration of about 9.8 m/s^2 before terminal velocity
3) I never said they were immune to said effects. I specifically said that can resist the force like resisting a boulder on top of them. hence I said those physically strong. and like I said, combined with the fact that...
4) gravity logically shouldn't be extremely localized like a disk over the target. if you use an extremely strong gravitational field on a target, the target's just closer. if the gravity is that strong, it should also affect everything near the target, including the caster. hence why I said it may not be as OP as you say it can be since we don't know the limitations of gravity magic yet explicitly.
DragonKing0117
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by DragonKing0117 »

EDIT: Here's the complete set of images for Volume 6 in order starting with the Cover: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread. ... ost5450382

Return to “Abandoned”