Monogatari Series

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Sozuoka
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: bakemonogatari + other monogatari series

Post by Sozuoka »

Junnynam registered the first 5 chapters already, and since each chapter is not that long I guess he'll finish it in no time. And, well, totally forgot that table of content XD
~I don't often translate, but when I do, I give up after 30 minutes.~
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: bakemonogatari + other monogatari series

Post by arczyx »

Sozuoka wrote:Junnynam registered the first 5 chapters already
Missed that.

By the way, can someone please change this topic title to just "Monogatari Series"? It was written like that in the sidebar after all.
Sozuoka
Reader

Re: Monogatari Series

Post by Sozuoka »

Just asking, it's been more than half a year since when Junnynam registered for the first 5 chapters, but doesn't seem like he's working on it. So is it ok if I work from the beginning of Koimono? Thanks god this book has way less pun/word-play compare to other books in the series (most likely because Koyomi and Hachikuji aren't there); there would be a huge deal of references in Nisemono anw (whoever working on this, you have my sympathy :D ).
~I don't often translate, but when I do, I give up after 30 minutes.~
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by arczyx »

Well, I think it's fine to take it if he isn't responding to your message. Just to be safe, wait for a week or so before you take it over.

Note : It's just my opinion as a fellow BT contributor :mrgreen:
tyk103
Astral Realm

Post by tyk103 »

in for more updates
mrpoppers
Astral Realm

Re: Monogatari Series: General

Post by mrpoppers »

Hey guys, just wanted to drop in and say thanks for the translations! I've enjoyed all of Kizu, and now the start of Koi and also the start of Kabuki. The show is great but I really love Nisio's writing style. Thanks for the work!!
kiririn
Literature Club Member

Post by kiririn »

Hey guys, I will proofread and edit monogatari series since i'm currently reading the series right now. I hope it's ok to you guys. Just tell me if you don't like my editing. Thanks! :D

I'm Awesome.
ismanpr
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ismanpr »

for those who are currently translating monogatari series,

Thank you very much! I really want to see this until the end.

keep up the good work guys!
A Bangladeshi
Astral Realm

Post by A Bangladeshi »

thank you for your spleded work on translating the bakemono gatari series
You guys are awsome |m|
Interferenter
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Interferenter »

I start read light novel monogatari series and ...
kizumonogatari is the best...
and nekomonogatari too...
and I read Kabukimonogatari per chapter...
but is not fun...
so I wait until complete...
so keep translate for me...wrong, for everyone...
thanks
noitaminA
Shikijin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Shikijin »

kiririn wrote:Hey guys, I will proofread and edit monogatari series since i'm currently reading the series right now. I hope it's ok to you guys. Just tell me if you don't like my editing. Thanks! :D
I just noticed you (and another guy I believe) have been editing Neko Black. Thank you guys for your work. I'm currently working on chapter 8, when I finish I'll check the changes.

As you may have guessed, I am not an English native speaker (on this site, this is not rare :lol:). While I think my translations are passable enough, sadly certain subtleties of English goes a little beyond what they teach you in school. For example the use of narrative tense in English. In Japanese you can have present and past even in the same sentence, while for narration the English generally favor the past tense. The consecutio temporum is not exactly easy when using the past as the main tense (how do hypothetical periods turn out like?). Anyway, I see Zaregoto by Del Rey was done that way, maybe I'll try to get some inspiration from there.

By the way, I'm meditating to do some changes. For example, I used "kaii" since I used it in Kizu, and I used that in Kizu only because the first translators used it. Personally I like gg's translation, "oddity".

Also, when the Hindering Cat was first presented it was a "she" because Araragi saw it as Hanekawa-like, but after that it becomes an "it" because it's an animal (well, certainly it's not human). At least that was my idea.

Well, back to chapter 8!

EDIT: I thank editor Hiro Ayase, but there is a point over which I am conflicted. Is it really necessary to add a period at the end of quotes? (by quotes I mean lines of dialogue, I'm not sure about the proper terminology) On one hand, that would save me (and other people) troubles. On the other hand, the period is not present in the Japanese text, and I am not so sure on how to use it. For example, would a simple "Ah" require a period? Or maybe an exclamation mark would be more fitting? I wouldn't want to complicate a punctuation that is already complex enough in Japanese (which even has particles that fulfill the role of exclamation and question marks, so when these are present most of the times there is no need to use those marks. The question mark in Japanese is used mostly when you can't understand it was a question).
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

@Shikijin

btw.

I would propose that you apply here in the forum for the translator usergroup so that you can lose your pink name...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Shikijin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Shikijin »

Darklor wrote:@Shikijin

btw.

I would propose that you apply here in the forum for the translator usergroup so that you can lose your pink name...
Okay. How do I do it?
Sapphy
Astral Realm

Post by Sapphy »

Thanks for translating this series! It's truly a shame it's so under appreciated. I hope more chapters of Bakemonogatari can be finished soon. I really want to read more.
Dark Mac
Astral Realm

Post by Dark Mac »

I was thinking about TLing some of Bakemonogatari, but I noticed that Kerrichan is apparently working on Nadeko Snake? Is he/she still working on it, or is he/she gone?

Return to “Abandoned”