Infinite Stratos

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this Novel (series) Translated?

Yes
98%
No (and why)
1%
Maybe (and why)
1%

Total votes: 1332

Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Infinite Stratos: General

Post by Mystes »

gradient wrote:is it just me or did Houki lose some volume in the chest area?
Some character's chests are significantly smaller when they wear an uniform.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Zed
Astral Realm

Post by Zed »

Hello everyone, thanks for the translations, baka-tsuki is awesome
loliDragon
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by loliDragon »

Hi,

I see that 8th vol came out... is it my mistake or was the author dead and series ended?
thanks for explaining this to someone too lazy to look through forum or googling. ^^
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

The author wasn't dead, seems like there was a conflict with his former publisher. The 8th LN has a new publisher and a new illustrator.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
kwh89
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by kwh89 »

lets hope it doesnt get cancelled again. My heart cant handle such stress @@
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

I've managed to work out a wiki template that supports conditional inclusion of images, depending upon page naming. So for example you can have the following three pages:

Code: Select all

Displays the volume contents with both sets of images simultaneously:
    http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=IS:Volume1

Displays the volume contents with only the Okiura images visible:
    http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=IS:Volume1/Okiura

Displays the volume contents with only the CHOCO images visible:
    http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=IS:Volume1/CHOCO
The entire contents of both the IS:Volume1/Okiura and IS:Volume1/CHOCO pages would be:

{{:IS:Volume1}}
And the change would 'simply' require wrapping any images or such (you can even wrap entire galleries) in the following template:

To make something visible if the page is "/Okiura" appended, or there's nothing appended:
    {{ISSwitch|Okiura|stuff-to-show-here}}

To make something visible if the page is "/CHOCO" appended, or there's nothing appended:
    {{ISSwitch|CHOCO|stuff-to-show-here}}

An example of a current image link after the change:
    {{ISSwitch|Okiura| [[Image:IS v01 023.jpg|thumb|Black tight fitting skirt, tall and slim, the body line of someone who doesn't look muscular even after lots of training.]] }}
And for reference the {{ISSwitch}} magic code is:

{{#ifeq: {{uc: {{#titleparts:{{PAGENAME}}||-1}} }} | OKIURA |
  {{#ifeq: {{uc: {{{1}}} }} | OKIURA | {{{2}}} | }} |
  {{#ifeq: {{uc: {{#titleparts:{{PAGENAME}}||-1}} }} | CHOCO |
    {{#ifeq: {{uc: {{{1}}} }} | CHOCO | {{{2}}} | }} |
    {{{2}}}
  }}
}}
If you want to see how ugly a serious wiki-template can look. :(

Anyway, I've tested this on a plain vanilla install of mediawiki, so it in theory should work here. I'll start implementing it on volume 1 and see what problems are shaken out of the tree, so 'related changes' might be a bit noisy for the next couple of days.
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

No offense to your hard work, but what's the purpose of all that and why would people want to conditionally include images?
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

larethian wrote:No offense to your hard work, but what's the purpose of all that and why would people want to conditionally include images?
It allows you to have one set of translated text, but view exclusively the 'original' images or the 'new' images, or both at the same time if you wanted. The new image style is rather distinctively different to the old, so I can see how you might want only one or another. I figured as I was going through adding the images, doing this bit of extra work is pretty minimal for a relatively elegant trade off.

I only intend upon creating the top-most 'Full Text' pages for the individual volumes, rather then one for each chapter too (since all chapters are translated there's little reason not to read just from the full-text if you're going to read it online), so there's no huge effort on my part. There's only about 12 images per volume scattered around, plus the gallery so it's a pretty quick job. It will take me far more time to make sure that I've got the new images in the right place then the rest of this has taken me anyway. :)

That said I'm hoping they really haven't done any huge changes to the text. It's possible to use this same system to make a few changes to the text here and there if they've removed/added paragraphs; but my ability to read Japanese isn't quite quick enough yet for me to read through what I've got and find out whether or not they've added a section explaining the wonders of Ichika's seduction skills or something. >.>
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

ah i see.
well if they have done changes to the text, it's easier just to have 2 versions on the project page itself. as in 2 headings, 1 the old version, 1 the reboot version
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

larethian wrote:ah i see.
well if they have done changes to the text, it's easier just to have 2 versions on the project page itself. as in 2 headings, 1 the old version, 1 the reboot version
Well my assumption is that we don't care about the 'Author's Afterwards', (which of course have changed and are hopefully less whiny), but I don't expect anyone will want to bother to retranslate them (though I can provide the text if wanted).

I just want to avoid the problem of having to maintain duplicate pages of every chapter where there's only a couple of sentences different. I know the pain of dealing with this from maintaining two almost-but-not-quite-identical programs around the place and I can't imagine it gets much easier in a human language. :(
Fengyi
Astral Realm

Post by Fengyi »

Can i help to translate IS light novel 8? I will to continue from where sana has stop.

Thank u.
Fengyi
Astral Realm

Post by Fengyi »

I almost forgot, will there be anyone to check the translation like for example grammars and spelling to prevent errors?

Thank u.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Dunno if someone is currently working on IS 8, be it in translation or in edition (due to the long delay between the 7th and 8th volumes).
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

I'll be following it so I can do any editing needed. Though there's usually roaming editors handling the small stuff.
JapaneseNinjaNumber1
Astral Realm

Post by JapaneseNinjaNumber1 »

am i the only person who thought "o_O wat da hell" when they saw the version of the unmanned suit in volume 1.

Return to “Abandoned”