Infinite Stratos

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this Novel (series) Translated?

Yes
98%
No (and why)
1%
Maybe (and why)
1%

Total votes: 1332

Spiritoffire
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Infinite Stratos: General

Post by Spiritoffire »

JapaneseNinjaNumber1 wrote:am i the only person who thought "o_O wat da hell" when they saw the version of the unmanned suit in volume 1.
My god I just saw the Volume 1 new art for the light novel, thought it's "Closer" to what the anime depicted in terms of concept of the arms and head, but my god the chest...what is that artist thinking.
Hydreigon28
Astral Realm

Post by Hydreigon28 »

Hi, I would like to help with the translation of Volume 8 by correcting the grammatical errors found in the current translation.
gradient
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by gradient »

JapaneseNinjaNumber1 wrote:am i the only person who thought "o_O wat da hell" when they saw the version of the unmanned suit in volume 1.
you are certainly not alone my friend and there will definetly be others too
The quantity and quality does not matter... make it big, and make plenty of it.
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

gradient wrote:
you are certainly not alone my friend and there will definetly be others too
I must admit I didn't notice that, and I uploaded them. :?

Speaking of which, I just uploaded v2, v3, and v4's images for the curious. At some point I'll finally get around to inserting them in the appropriate places in the novels... but I just wanted to get the files off my laptop to stop them from making me feel guilty for finding other more 'important' things to do. >.> <.<
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
Spiritoffire
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Spiritoffire »

I must say I love look of the Choco art versions of the IS uniforms(as much as the originals are pretty cool), the new ones give off a pretty good vibe esp that they have the schools logo on them.
JapaneseNinjaNumber1
Astral Realm

Post by JapaneseNinjaNumber1 »

Spoiler! :
oh snap new illustration i personally fell in love with the houki's new suit "i think it so effin amazing" i did wish that the illustration for ichika new is was a combination of the old and new but what done is done. denormative keep on posting the good stuff ;). just have to wait till august if you know what i mean :)
Tatsuryuu
Astral Realm

Post by Tatsuryuu »

Fengyi wrote:Can i help to translate IS light novel 8? I will to continue from where sana has stop.

Thank u.
I was wondering are you if got approval from Teh Ping to start translating IS light novel 8?
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Tatsuryuu wrote:
Fengyi wrote:Can i help to translate IS light novel 8? I will to continue from where sana has stop.

Thank u.
I was wondering are you if got approval from Teh Ping to start translating IS light novel 8?
He did, and started for one part...and has been missing for a month now...
MyGawd
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by MyGawd »

Just a quick question: Is there a way to edit the page to be able to switch images from okiura to choco and back for the original text? You can just tell me if there is a way and i'll do it if noone wants.
Empire's Strongest
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

MyGawd wrote:Just a quick question: Is there a way to edit the page to be able to switch images from okiura to choco and back for the original text? You can just tell me if there is a way and i'll do it if noone wants.
Append either "/CHOCO" or "/Okiura" to the url like so:

This shows only the CHOCO images in Volume1: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... ume1/CHOCO
This shows only the Okiura images in Volume1: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... me1/Okiura

By default it shows all the images.

I haven't actually gone though and added the CHOCO images to any of the series other then the gallery up front (or setup all the Okiura images to disappear in any volume other then v1 from memory), but I imagine I'll get around to doing it once it gets close to the start of S2 of the anime being released, or IS8 starts to get close to be finished it's translation so I'll need to rebuild all my PDFs.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

denormative wrote:
MyGawd wrote:Just a quick question: Is there a way to edit the page to be able to switch images from okiura to choco and back for the original text? You can just tell me if there is a way and i'll do it if noone wants.
Append either "/CHOCO" or "/Okiura" to the url like so:

This shows only the CHOCO images in Volume1: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... ume1/CHOCO
This shows only the Okiura images in Volume1: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... me1/Okiura

By default it shows all the images.

I haven't actually gone though and added the CHOCO images to any of the series other then the gallery up front (or setup all the Okiura images to disappear in any volume other then v1 from memory), but I imagine I'll get around to doing it once it gets close to the start of S2 of the anime being released, or IS8 starts to get close to be finished it's translation so I'll need to rebuild all my PDFs.
You better get it done ASAP because I'll be tearing down the house in 4 days.

And we can do that HTML stuff like that? Wow. I didn't know that (I'm serious)
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

Teh_ping wrote:You better get it done ASAP because I'll be tearing down the house in 4 days.
It'll probably take me about 90 minutes a volume to insert the images. Mainly because I'm a slow translator, and probably the only person with the new epubs here, so I can do the "translate->find what the original translator translated it as->slot it in the appropriate place" process. :?

And this, of course, is assuming that they haven't dramatically edited the original volumes either to make the new ones, thus completely throwing off where the images should go. It doesn't look like it, but my Japanese skills are still in the "suck" state so I can't easily check.
Teh_ping wrote:And we can do that HTML stuff like that? Wow. I didn't know that (I'm serious)
There are many better/easier ways to do it... but the wiki doesn't have either a new enough version of wikimedia or the relevant plugins installed that wikipedia does.

If someone wants to translate the new afterwards as well, I should even be able to get it to dynamically add the appropriate old-whiney-version or new-hopefully-less-whiney-version (the author seemed to do nothing but complain :? ) to the appropriate volumes as well.

Putting "Full Text/Okirua Images" and "Full Text/CHOCO Images" links on the IS Main Page can happen at some point as well. I'm guessing someone cares other then me-who-generates-PDFs since the question about this was asked. :)
JapaneseNinjaNumber1
Astral Realm

Post by JapaneseNinjaNumber1 »

holy asdfgh. did a tsunami hit is main page and left complete volume 8 after the water receeded?? well either way, im thankful for volume 8.

wow this new volume is pretty intense if you know what i mean...XD
Last edited by Rohan123 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post merged
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

v5 CHOCO images are up for those who want to see Tatenashi's suit's new look. From memory, the new v6 comes out on the 25th of this month, and the new v7 on the 25th of next month.
Light
Astral Realm

Post by Light »

Mind if someone made a PDF in CHOCO illustration?

Return to “Abandoned”