Infinite Stratos

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this Novel (series) Translated?

Yes
98%
No (and why)
1%
Maybe (and why)
1%

Total votes: 1332

Oblivion 0117
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Infinite Stratos: General

Post by Oblivion 0117 »

So just finished the second season of the anime and was not impressed. Anyways any news or predictions for volume 9?
gradient
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Infinite Stratos: PDF/ePUB/MOBI

Post by gradient »

YesWeCant wrote: 4) He got an organisation that doesn't really like him (phantom task) and Shinonono Tabane DID send some unmanned IS to him (or his general location) and ruined his day
(Yes, they were made by Tabane. I mean the IS core is unknown technology, impossible to be produced by anyone besides Tabane and nobody has any idea how to get an IS without a woman inside into motion either (well, Ichika is a guy, but he's a special case). So even if you don't read into the latest chapters, as soon as we get to hear about the part that the Golem's cores were unregistered ones and only Tabane knows how they are made, it of course makes Tabane the #1 suspect for making the IS drones
add to that that she is probably making a brand new is for M/Madoka right now who wants to kill Ichika and you have a full curse.
I would have seriously started filling complaints about things threatening my life in his place
The quantity and quality does not matter... make it big, and make plenty of it.
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Infinite Stratos: PDF/ePUB/MOBI

Post by denormative »

gradient wrote:add to that that she is probably making a brand new is for M/Madoka right now who wants to kill Ichika and you have a full curse.
I would have seriously started filling complaints about things threatening my life in his place
She sent a rogue missile attack to show off her IS' and a rogue IS to show off her little sister's new one.

It's probably all a ploy by her to give the kids combat experience because she knows a large alien assault force is heading their way to take revenge on the earth for Tabane stealing the IS tech from them and she needs people to defend against it. Or something. Who knows. Honestly it feels like the author is making the plot up as he goes along at the moment since he didn't expect the series to be quite this profitable, err, popular; yeah. >.> <.< (Apparently I'm feeling cynical today.)
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
gradient
Literature Club Member

Re: Infinite Stratos: General

Post by gradient »

that is an interesting direction this could be heading.
still, at the moment i think the Orimura family background would be more interesting. at least i'm interested in that since i saw the illustration with M's/Madoka's face.
The quantity and quality does not matter... make it big, and make plenty of it.
lhy3715
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Infinite Stratos

Post by lhy3715 »

I'm not sure but I heard that volume 9 is coming out soon like in April?
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

lhy3715 wrote:I'm not sure but I heard that volume 9 is coming out soon like in April?
April 25th: http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4906866360
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
Nameless angel
Edit-Translator [101-AETB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Nameless angel »

Can I ask the reason why you still use old image even the new image already exist in Baka-Tsuki?
I suppose I shouldn't expect reader to understand translator and editor hard work to translate this light novel. So I hope you can appreciate our hard work
Darwen Gwein
Haruhiist Disciple

Post by Darwen Gwein »

Hey all!

I may be kind of late to this party, but I'd like to jump into this project as an editor. Specifically, I was planning to focus on Vol. 4 if no one minds an extra chef in the kitchen.

I wanted to ask though, are the raw novels written in varying narrative? So far it seems that the agreed format on the wiki is that when one of the ladies is considered the protagonist, the story enters a first-person view, while when two of the ladies share the protagonist role or when Ichika is the protagonist the story reads in the subjective third-person. Intentional? Translation style? Is the culprit the fact that Vol. 4 is simply a collection of short stories and is meant to feel different?? It just feels a bit strange compared to the literature I'm used to. Post-formatting to one narrative style across the entire series sounds like quite the work though...

Also, did anyone like/utilize/even-notice the rewrite pages for Vol. 1? I am tempted to draft up rewrites of the other volumes in my melancholy, but I (1) am not a Young Adult fiction author like FyreHeart, published or otherwise, and (2) have next to no clue how to format the tab-thingies used on the page. I feel confident that I can overcome such simple hurdles, but all this is moot if no one wants the stuff, so?
Wiki name: Darwen G'wein (note the apostrophe)
Pesterchum Handle: umbralCatalyst
Founding Member of the Institute of Slowly and Painfully Working Out the Surprisingly Obvious [ISPWOSO]
bearzyo
Astral Realm

Post by bearzyo »

Is volume 9 a planned translation?

I've already preordered my copy in support of the apparently rather whacky writer, but will not be able to read the copy that gets delivered to me :roll:
vaker076
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by vaker076 »

thanks for yur hard work -traslators & editors- i wish, we could read vol 9 soon :D :D :D
Oblivion 0117
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Oblivion 0117 »

Is the author going to be releasing new volumes on a regular schedule now? If not I have a feeling I probably won't be reading vol 9 till vol 10 has been confirmed.
Clad In Armour
Vice Commander Itsuki
Location: Somewhere cold, where people ride polar bears and live in Igloos

Post by Clad In Armour »

IS anyone planning to translate VOL 9?
Not sure what to put here mhmm.......oh well back to my manga. A.K.A Dual Blades
Shuiko
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Mahouka and High School DxD

Post by Shuiko »

Clad In Armour wrote:IS anyone planning to translate VOL 9?
From my understanding Volume 9 still doesn't exist. Not released, though there was a teaser?
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

Translator at guhehe.TRANSLATIONS

"Life's a tale, told by an idiot." -Shakespeare
lazarus operative
Astral Realm

Post by lazarus operative »

To everyone who is currently reading I.s I will be cleaning up the translation