Kokoro Connect

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see kokoro connect Translated?

Yes
100%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
0%
No (Please give a reason)
0%

Total votes: 1007

Ghozzz
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Kokoro Connect

Post by Ghozzz »

defan752 wrote:Yeah, that editor. It's either I rely on an editor or I edit my own work (which would potentially slow down translation by at least a month).
Ach so, maybe i can be the editor... so you can continue the translation project... and i believe, there is a chance for someone to be the editor for this LN...
Feel Free to Read Kokoro Connect
defan752
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by defan752 »

Sure. I'll be posting the translations periodically, look out for them!
Ghozzz
Kyonist

Post by Ghozzz »

defan752 wrote:Sure. I'll be posting the translations periodically, look out for them!
Sure, i will check it everyday
defan752
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by defan752 »

How should I post it? Above the existing translation on the wiki?
nahucirujano
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by nahucirujano »

defan752 wrote:Sure. I'll be posting the translations periodically, look out for them!
Thanks defan, I'm really loking forward it, I love this novel :)
Ghozzz
Kyonist

Post by Ghozzz »

defan752 wrote:How should I post it? Above the existing translation on the wiki?
hmm.. which chapter ? the existing one like prologue ?
defan752
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by defan752 »

Yeah.
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

defan752 wrote:How should I post it? Above the existing translation on the wiki?
Replacing someone else's translation happens rarely enough that I don't think there are any clear standards on it. I'd say it probably makes the most sense to just replace the current text with your own translation (which is presumably at least as good as the current translation). Actually, I'd normally advise asking the project manager what to do, but in this case there is no project manager.
nahucirujano
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by nahucirujano »

Cthaeh wrote:
Replacing someone else's translation happens rarely enough that I don't think there are any clear standards on it. I'd say it probably makes the most sense to just replace the current text with your own translation (which is presumably at least as good as the current translation). Actually, I'd normally advise asking the project manager what to do, but in this case there is no project manager.
As he says :) Just overwrite it with your own translation.
defan752
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by defan752 »

I was also wondering whether skullheart is still active. It shows them as such.

Edit: By the way - Vol.5 Prologue posted. Any editors are welcome.
nahucirujano
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by nahucirujano »

defan752 wrote:By the way - Vol.5 Prologue posted.
Thanks defan ;)
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

Cthaeh wrote:
To add on, one good thing to do would be to contact the translators your taking over from in volume 5 (likely via their talk pages). Just to say something like "As long as you don't have any problems with it, I plan to take over / redo your translation for volume 5 prologue/chapter X since I intend to translate the entire volume and would like the style to be consistent." The two translators on the registration page haven't been active in at least a year, so I don't think there'd be a problem, but it would probably be more polite to try to ask them directly.
defan752 wrote:I was also wondering whether skullheart is still active. It shows them as such.
Inactive/active in the staff list isn't usually all that accurate, since people rarely update it. I generally look at someone's contribution history (ie Skullheart) to see how recently they've been active.

Good luck with your translations.
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

I see you posted on Skullheart's talk page regarding volume 5. I don't think he/she was involved with volume 5 at all. The registration page lists MCsq2 and Alight (though ThatsJustPeachy posted v5c2 on behalf of Alight it looks like). So those two are the more relevant people to contact.
defan752
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by defan752 »

Okay, I'll contact those two. My bad.

Edit: By the way, I'm noticing quite a bit of errors in the existing volume 5 chapter 1 translation. I'll do my best to be as accurate as possible, possibly resulting in slightly wonky language (sorry editors!).
dereban
Astral Realm

Post by dereban »

I'm really glad that the Kokoro Connect light novels are being worked on again! I just had to make a Baka Tsuki account to see what was going on with the translation, and I'm glad that people are actually doing this again. This series is on of my favorites and although I've heard many things about what happens in both Nise and Asu Random, I want to know the specifics since it's really interesting to me!

I can't personally help with translations, unfortunately, but if you need another pair of eyes for any editing, I wouldn't mind assisting. In any case, good luck!

Return to “Abandoned”