Kokoro Connect

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see kokoro connect Translated?

Yes
100%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
0%
No (Please give a reason)
0%

Total votes: 1007

KKORCO
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Kokoro Connect

Post by KKORCO »

Hi! This is my first time posting something in this forum, the reason for this is that I have a question: is it ok to make publicity of other translation pages in abandoned translation projects in baka tsuki? Because in the Spanish translation project of kokoro connect, there are two people recommending their own translation projects of their own pages. I just don't think it's cool that these guys put publicity of other translation here, and the main contributor to the page (BakaSenpai) has been dead for almost 2 years, that's why I'm asking if I can erase these people's publicity.

P.D. Sorry if there's any mistake, I'm not a native English speaker, I'm sure you can imagine the pain I went through by trying to write this.:?
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

KKORCO wrote:is it ok to make publicity of other translation pages in abandoned translation projects in baka tsuki?
It is usually ok to link to other translation pages if that translation page gave permission to add the link to baka-tsuki, even if there is a translation already on baka tsuki. Some examples of this in English projects are No Game No Life and Oreimo. So it looks the link does not need to be removed unless there is some other special reason.
KKORCO
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KKORCO »

Cthaeh wrote:
KKORCO wrote:is it ok to make publicity of other translation pages in abandoned translation projects in baka tsuki?
It is usually ok to link to other translation pages if that translation page gave permission to add the link to baka-tsuki, even if there is a translation already on baka tsuki. Some examples of this in English projects are No Game No Life and Oreimo. So it looks the link does not need to be removed unless there is some other special reason.
Sure, but the problem I have with this is that it isn't just one page, these are two different translation projects, and the links are placed in completely different places, needless to say that these are not hosted translations, and apparently no one ever asked for permission to post those links.
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

KKORCO wrote: Sure, but the problem I have with this is that it isn't just one page, these are two different translation projects, and the links are placed in completely different places, needless to say that these are not hosted translations, and apparently no one ever asked for permission to post those links.
I don't think the location of the link is really a problem, but if it is true that no one asked for permission, then that is a reason the link could be removed. Also, I'll note that there is a thread for this project in the Spanish subforum. You could also ask a Spanish supervisor, such as FNX.
KKORCO
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KKORCO »

Cthaeh wrote: You could also ask a Spanish supervisor, such as FNX.

Oh thanks for the info, I'll try to communicate with the spanish supervisor, I just don't think is right that these people sponsor their own projects in this page without any permission, needless to say these projects also appear to be in a hiatus, so I don't think is cool to tell people that they can find the translation in other sites when those sites are not even active. Sorry for the constant nagging :roll: and again, thanks for the information.
Ghozzz
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Ghozzz »

glatiatorixx wrote:I just recently watched this series anime on a whim you could say, and ended up loving it. I would certainly wish to read the light novel, but only volume 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6 seem to be completed. If possible give some of my contribution to this series. As far as I understand, this project still needs translator, thus would offer some of my time to do so. I have no experience in Japanese translation per se, but by listening to the anime, it does not seem to be a series with tremendous amount of hard vocabulary. For reference of my Japanese level, I have the JLPT N3 certification since last december and I'm moving to Tokyo this september to study at Waseda University for a year of study.

So as mentioned, "If you would like to help translate this series, please post in the forums, and we will help you get started. Thank you.", I am posting here to get started :o
Now there's only 1 active translator so it will be great if you joined, you can start translate it, just put your name on the chapter that you want to tranlate in the registration page....
Feel Free to Read Kokoro Connect
nahucirujano
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by nahucirujano »

glatiatorixx wrote:I just recently watched this series anime on a whim you could say, and ended up loving it. I would certainly wish to read the light novel, but only volume 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6 seem to be completed. If possible give some of my contribution to this series. As far as I understand, this project still needs translator, thus would offer some of my time to do so. I have no experience in Japanese translation per se, but by listening to the anime, it does not seem to be a series with tremendous amount of hard vocabulary. For reference of my Japanese level, I have the JLPT N3 certification since last december and I'm moving to Tokyo this september to study at Waseda University for a year of study.

So as mentioned, "If you would like to help translate this series, please post in the forums, and we will help you get started. Thank you.", I am posting here to get started :o
Dude, this would be great. I love this series and I really would like to know how the story continues :)
defan752
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by defan752 »

Hey all! I watched Kokoro Connect a year ago and read the translated LNs and absolutely loved them. It's a shame that more of them aren't translated. Well, I'm here to say that I am up to the job! I have decent Chinese skills (lived there for 10 years and can pass off as a local) and am more than willing to help with this project in any way that I possibly can. The translation page directed me here, so here I am! What next?
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

defan752 wrote:... The translation page directed me here, so here I am! What next?
See here for general instructions. If you did want to contact people, Skullheart appears to be the most recently active translator on the project; the translator who put that note directing people to the forum hasn't posted on the wiki recently. Other than that, find a chapter on the registration page that isn't claimed, put your username there, and start translating.
Ghozzz
Kyonist

Post by Ghozzz »

defan752 wrote:Hey all! I watched Kokoro Connect a year ago and read the translated LNs and absolutely loved them. It's a shame that more of them aren't translated. Well, I'm here to say that I am up to the job! I have decent Chinese skills (lived there for 10 years and can pass off as a local) and am more than willing to help with this project in any way that I possibly can. The translation page directed me here, so here I am! What next?
Finally, WELCOME ! I've been waiting it for a long time.. You can start translate the LN, just put your name on the chapter that you want to translate as mentioned before in the registration page...

https://baka-tsuki.org/project/index.ph ... ation_Page
defan752
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by defan752 »

So, I see on the guide that translators are advised to start over when they want to continue a translation to maintain consistency. Should I add my name to all of the chapters in one volume?
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

defan752 wrote:So, I see on the guide that translators are advised to start over when they want to continue a translation to maintain consistency. Should I add my name to all of the chapters in one volume?
That's at your discretion (both whether or not you want to redo what's already been done and how many chapters you want to reserve). Many projects have more than one translator working on a single volume, so it'd be fine to leave it there if you think the current translation is good.

My advice would be to reserve how many chapters you think you will do. I think new translators fairly often find it more challenging and/or time-consuming than they had originally thought; so I might say don't reserve the whole volume, but as long as you remove your name if you decide to stop then it amounts to the same thing. Or if you're sure you'll want to do the whole volume then it's perfectly fine to add your name to all of those chapters.
defan752
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by defan752 »

Would there be any active editors for this project by any chance? My rhetoric is not the best and I've noticed this just translating the prologue.
Ghozzz
Kyonist

Post by Ghozzz »

defan752 wrote:Would there be any active editors for this project by any chance? My rhetoric is not the best and I've noticed this just translating the prologue.
What Editor, the one who checking the grammar and spelling error ?
defan752
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by defan752 »

Yeah, that editor. It's either I rely on an editor or I edit my own work (which would potentially slow down translation by at least a month).

Return to “Abandoned”