Kokoro Connect

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see kokoro connect Translated?

Yes
100%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
0%
No (Please give a reason)
0%

Total votes: 1007

Amethyst
Astral Realm

Re: Kokoro Connect

Post by Amethyst »

Yes, I was going to say the same thing. Thank you all for helping translated this.
defan752
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by defan752 »

How nice to have people interested in editing! If you're interested, please keep an eye out on the project page. I'll be pushing out updates when I can, which hopefully won't take more than a couple of weeks to a month. Thanks!

Edit: Also, feel free to use the discussion page of the relevant chapter to bring up matters, or just use the project discussion page. For example, should I be translating in present or past tense?
dereban
Astral Realm

Post by dereban »

defan752 wrote:How nice to have people interested in editing! If you're interested, please keep an eye out on the project page. I'll be pushing out updates when I can, which hopefully won't take more than a couple of weeks to a month. Thanks!

Edit: Also, feel free to use the discussion page of the relevant chapter to bring up matters, or just use the project discussion page. For example, should I be translating in present or past tense?
Definitely going to constantly keep an eye on the page! I believe the most common is to translate in the tense that it's written in-- I'm not sure how Chinese tensing is exactly, so I won't be any help in that regard, but if not, I'd say past tense for at least the non-dialogue portions.
defan752
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by defan752 »

Hi all! Sorry for not giving you all any updates, but the translation is coming along nicely! However, I will be busy with exams for the next two weeks, so please understand the delay. I'll try to release something for you all to read as soon as possible!
nahucirujano
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by nahucirujano »

defan752 wrote:Hi all! Sorry for not giving you all any updates, but the translation is coming along nicely! However, I will be busy with exams for the next two weeks, so please understand the delay. I'll try to release something for you all to read as soon as possible!
Thanks for your hard work defan, and the best of lucks with your exams ;)
Ghozzz
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Ghozzz »

defan752 wrote:Hi all! Sorry for not giving you all any updates, but the translation is coming along nicely! However, I will be busy with exams for the next two weeks, so please understand the delay. I'll try to release something for you all to read as soon as possible!
It's ok not to hurry and good luck ! :D
Feel Free to Read Kokoro Connect
Shuzero
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Highschool DxD
Oreshura
Date A Live
Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukanai (Haganai)
Shinmai maou no Keiyakusha

Post by Shuzero »

Don't worry, take your time. Quality is what matters most, you've got no deadline set (unless you do). Make sure you ace your exams!
defan752
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by defan752 »

Hey guys, I've just finished with my midterms, and I can get back to a regular schedule now (hopefully)! I'll try to have Chapter 1 roughly translated by the end of the month or later, and edited by mid-December (hopeful dates). If you guys could help with the editing, that would be awesome, but don't change too much because I want to maintain consistency for the readers.

Edit: By the way, translating is hard stuff! I'm trying my absolute best to maintain as much of the original meaning and make it as readable as possible (I revere masters like EusthEnoptEron with his amazing Hakomari translation) so please understand if I don't meet my deadlines!

Edit 2: Also, since I'm translating from the Chinese version which was translated from Japanese, it is a little more difficult to find the original Japanese words because they are completely changed in Chinese. In other words, it would also mean adding more time to my work. Anyway, please understand, thanks!
Kemm
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kemm »

Aren't you interested in finishing vol 4.5 "Clip Time"?
defan752
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by defan752 »

I thought someone was already translating it. Is that not the case?
Kemm
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kemm »

There are two chapters left (well, both are started, but stalled). Skullheart "picked" one of them back in April from Pudding, but never did anything on it and hasn't been seen since June. Lantern, who started the other one, hasn't been seen since February 2013 (almost 2 years ago).
defan752
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by defan752 »

I'll do Volume 5 first for story progression, since Volume 4.5 is a bunch of side stories. Also, does anyone happen to have a copy of the Japanese version of Volume 5 and is willing to make edits to my translation based on it? I do know that since I'm doing Chinese -> English, there are going to be inaccuracies.
Ghozzz
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Ghozzz »

defan752 wrote:I'll do Volume 5 first for story progression, since Volume 4.5 is a bunch of side stories. Also, does anyone happen to have a copy of the Japanese version of Volume 5 and is willing to make edits to my translation based on it? I do know that since I'm doing Chinese -> English, there are going to be inaccuracies.
Maybe you can contact Niall_Hamilton. He says he can Help with Japanese Translation. At least that is what his note says on the Kokoro Connect editor page.
Feel Free to Read Kokoro Connect
defan752
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by defan752 »

Chapter 1 complete. Will begin minor editing.
defan752
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by defan752 »

Merry early Christmas guys. Chapter 1 is up. Have at it, grammar nazis!

Now I can rest for a bit before Chapter 2... Don't expect it until March or later, sorry!

Return to “Abandoned”