Papa no Iukoto o Kikinasai!

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Papa no Iukoto o Kikinasai! ?

It was good! Please do more!
97%
It was interesting.
3%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 834

deathmailrock
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Papa no Iukoto o Kikinasai!: General

Post by deathmailrock »

obsidian pegasus wrote:guilt....guilt...guilt... The real problem is like he said, "the translation is slow". Its because I'm still learning 日本語, I'm brand new at this (4 months), I'm sorry, but I am getting better, so in the future, (6 months from now?) I'm sure I'll be able to put TL's out faster...
That said, I updated the progress bar and threw in another four pages for ya. (felt guilty for some reason...may have gotten distracted reading reading Full metal Panic...ごめんなさい。。。)
Dude, you don't need to feel guilt, this stuff is hard to read, darn it, Hiragana & Katakana aren't too bad but kanji is so freaking hard..... and if you don't know the kanji, then you gotta find it online & if your using an image, then you gotta find some way to paste the kanji....... a short paragraph isn't too hard if you know the context and stuff, but even then, it's difficult.

And it's hard to just focus on one task, you don't have to sacrifice your life or anything

Your doing really good for just doing this for 4 months, and you will definitely improve

btw, do you know how to type kanji?? I usually have to search a while and do drawing searched to find the kanji I'm searching for; it'd be easier if I could just type it or something
Favorite Anime characters include Erza Scarlet, Uzumaki Kushina, and Kousaka Kirino

Nee-chan and Milf type sexy red-heads are the best kinda anime women

I am a proud fanboy of Erza Scarlet and Uzumaki Kushina and Kousaka Kirino
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

deathmailrock wrote:btw, do you know how to type kanji?? I usually have to search a while and do drawing searched to find the kanji I'm searching for; it'd be easier if I could just type it or something
You can always type the kanji, Google translate or Microsoft japanese keyboard are good for it, but u have to know at least one reading for the kanji. If you don't know any, you have to search it on the dictionaries. :roll:
Call me Nurin!

cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

KanjiTomo, you're welcome.
Translator at guhehe.TRANSLATIONS

"Life's a tale, told by an idiot." -Shakespeare
deathmailrock
Shamisen Wordsmith

Post by deathmailrock »

Nura rihan wrote:
deathmailrock wrote:btw, do you know how to type kanji?? I usually have to search a while and do drawing searched to find the kanji I'm searching for; it'd be easier if I could just type it or something
You can always type the kanji, Google translate or Microsoft japanese keyboard are good for it, but u have to know at least one reading for the kanji. If you don't know any, you have to search it on the dictionaries. :roll:
Ya, cause if I'm reading a raw & can't find the word, then it'd be easier if i could just type that kanji in google translate..... when I have time, I plan on working on translating a bit more
Favorite Anime characters include Erza Scarlet, Uzumaki Kushina, and Kousaka Kirino

cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

deathmailrock wrote:Ya, cause if I'm reading a raw & can't find the word, then it'd be easier if i could just type that kanji in google translate..... when I have time, I plan on working on translating a bit more
See above... KanjiTomo.

deathmailrock
Shamisen Wordsmith

Post by deathmailrock »

cautr wrote:
deathmailrock wrote:Ya, cause if I'm reading a raw & can't find the word, then it'd be easier if i could just type that kanji in google translate..... when I have time, I plan on working on translating a bit more
See above... KanjiTomo.
oh, sorry, I thought you might have been saying "your welcome" to a guy with the username KanjiTomo, not very clear.....

thank you though, I will try it out the moment I can use a computer that will allow me to actually download stuff..... just have to wait a bit, but thanks, I will use that when I can XD (note:I noticed how that can sound rude on the internet cause you can't hear my tone or anything, but it really was me being kind and grateful)

cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

Yeah, well, there's no KanjiTomo here, is there? :mrgreen:

Don't worry, I didn't even think you're trying to be rude.

2chan
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by 2chan »

One of the story genre that I don't like is slice-of-life and drama... but I guess there is always exceptions in everything because PapaKiki! is the first light novel with those genres that I found very interesting. Not just story about hardships which full of moral message, but there is also a lot of comedy stories in PapaKiki!
I'm planning to read only one volume at first but I can't stop reading until volume 3 in the end. And I even neglected my work for a day because of that -_-)

I'm really grateful for all translator who translated this great series, and I'm really exited to read the next volume of PapaKiki! >.<)

Arigatou! Ganbatte!! o/
sirflimflam
Astral Realm

Post by sirflimflam »

Boy am I glad to see that the translation is still moving along, even if it is at a slow pace... The update information on the project page itself had me quite disheartened, since it said the last update was September of last year.

Anyway, I've really fallen in love with this series, and I feel utterly heartbroken that we've only managed to get up to the beginning of volume 4 done while there's 10 more volumes after it just sitting there collecting dust.

With that said, I'd like to do my part to help it move along. I'm not particularly great at Japanese, as I've been only studying for a short while but I have mountains of time to burn and little to do with it. If people are fine with my naive translations, I'd definitely like to assist. If there are some raw pages somewhere I can look through to see if I can get into the swing of things, I'd certainly like to try.
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

sirflimflam wrote:Boy am I glad to see that the translation is still moving along, even if it is at a slow pace... The update information on the project page itself had me quite disheartened, since it said the last update was September of last year.

Anyway, I've really fallen in love with this series, and I feel utterly heartbroken that we've only managed to get up to the beginning of volume 4 done while there's 10 more volumes after it just sitting there collecting dust.

With that said, I'd like to do my part to help it move along. I'm not particularly great at Japanese, as I've been only studying for a short while but I have mountains of time to burn and little to do with it. If people are fine with my naive translations, I'd definitely like to assist. If there are some raw pages somewhere I can look through to see if I can get into the swing of things, I'd certainly like to try.
Everyone's gotta begin at some point to get great. First, you could ask the TLs how difficult it is to translate and maybe one's willing to TLC what you do. Second, you may be able to find RAWs if you google with brain. If not, msg me. Third, use KanjiTomo or you'll get nowhere. :mrgreen: Good luck!

Oh, fourth, register what you're working on on the registration page at the Papa page.

obsidian pegasus
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by obsidian pegasus »

Cautr-san is right. One reason this one's moving along slowly is it is harder to translate and there are more popular ones out there. There are a lot of word play's and other things. In terms of difficulty It's about a medium. There are harder and there are easier. If your just getting started, there are easier light novels to read that will help you to move along quickly. If anything, buy 5-6 different series your interested in and grade how well you do reading them, then mark them for yourself in terms of easy to hard. (note: I'm sorry the TL has been taking so long, but on the bright side, I look at the other 10 volumes and say, sweet, so much more good stuff to read!) That and I do everything from raw's and a dictionary, so I can't just paste in kanji-tomo when I get stuck, instead I use Jisho.org to find the kanji I'm having trouble reading. Depending on where you live, I'ts easy to get a raw LN. Especially if you live by a major city, let me know, (or cautr, or another guy on here), and I can help you find stuff for you to get started.
Note: If you go for it, its not easy, but it IS worth it!
黒曜石ペガサス
私の悪い文法のため申し訳ありません
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

Kanji-Tomo is an OCR program, which searches some kind of dictionary site. As most of the digital raws are pictures, it's more than helpful. you click on the kanji or w/e that you don't know and it's looks up what it does mean and sometimes it even spots a chain of kanji, that mean a certain phrase (like: "Before one's eyes"). I do translate with this program, obviously. I also use Jisho.net to double check fishy kanji and I use google translate, when I don't get nowhere with my TL and need an idea. (works better than expected, if you don't rely on it too much). Well, also dict.cc because I'm neither American/Brit nor Jap, and I don't know some English vocabs. :roll:

sirflimflam
Astral Realm

Post by sirflimflam »

obsidian pegasus wrote:Cautr-san is right. One reason this one's moving along slowly is it is harder to translate and there are more popular ones out there. There are a lot of word play's and other things. In terms of difficulty It's about a medium. There are harder and there are easier. If your just getting started, there are easier light novels to read that will help you to move along quickly. If anything, buy 5-6 different series your interested in and grade how well you do reading them, then mark them for yourself in terms of easy to hard. (note: I'm sorry the TL has been taking so long, but on the bright side, I look at the other 10 volumes and say, sweet, so much more good stuff to read!) That and I do everything from raw's and a dictionary, so I can't just paste in kanji-tomo when I get stuck, instead I use Jisho.org to find the kanji I'm having trouble reading. Depending on where you live, I'ts easy to get a raw LN. Especially if you live by a major city, let me know, (or cautr, or another guy on here), and I can help you find stuff for you to get started.
Note: If you go for it, its not easy, but it IS worth it!
Oh I certainly do understand, and please don't think I was complaining about the speed. I was genuinely relieved to learn that it wasn't abandoned and quite grateful to your efforts, even if it does take a while to arrive. I've just become particularly passionate about this series and was thinking I might be able to contribute something. =) I'm the kind of person who will sit in front of raw manga pages for hours upon hours just so I can read the newer, sadly untranslated Ika Musume chapters -- it's definitely a labor of love, rather than practical.

I'll check around and see if I can't scrounge up a copy. I'll let you guys know if I'm unsuccessful locating one on my own. Truth be told, it probably will be out of my skill range, but it wont cost much to try so I figure I'll give it my best shot. =)
Grand Barbu
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Grand Barbu »

I've read what has been updated for vol 4 chapter 2. It seems correct, i would like others to read it as well because i'm not perfect... (and english isn't my main language)
iamtaicho
Reader

Post by iamtaicho »

I'm relieved this LN is not abandoned. Please, if anyone is reading this, I'd like to help, even just a little. Well I'm not too sure on clicking/downloading links provided by Google's search, so can anyone kindly provide links to a raw file and a kanji reader/translator. While english is not my main language, i do know enough to notice and, correct or edit mistakes done by the translator. I've just finished the anime (i know it's already 2014 and the anime was like 2012) and liked it, so was hoping to continue the story through the LN's. Unfortunately, most of the volumes remain untranslated. It's a great series so please don't let it die.

Return to “Abandoned”