Papa no Iukoto o Kikinasai!

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Papa no Iukoto o Kikinasai! ?

It was good! Please do more!
97%
It was interesting.
3%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 834

Grand Barbu
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Papa no Iukoto o Kikinasai!: General

Post by Grand Barbu »

I read latest update of chapter 2 from vol 4. Did a minor edit to turn senapai to senpai.

(If you see the last two edit i've done, I've originally turned senapai and senpai to sempai but corrected myself after checking for earlier work and assure consistency. I deeply apologise if it annoyed you :? )

So its all good up to now.

P.S.: Added my name to the list of editors on the main page of the project. (thought I think I had already done that but maybe have been removed?) ...also my approval to be recognized as an editor is still pending can anyone help me? After all I did check vol 1, 2 and 3 and did minor (and not so minor) edit to correct typos and weird errors of various nature... and I plan to stay active! So please don't deny my contribution *prostrate to the floor*
deathmailrock
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by deathmailrock »

Well, personally, I don't find it too big of a deal cause I've been editing stuff for a while, but maybe you should ask the head of the project
Favorite Anime characters include Erza Scarlet, Uzumaki Kushina, and Kousaka Kirino

Nee-chan and Milf type sexy red-heads are the best kinda anime women

I am a proud fanboy of Erza Scarlet and Uzumaki Kushina and Kousaka Kirino
obsidian pegasus
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by obsidian pegasus »

Grand Barbu wrote:I read latest update of chapter 2 from vol 4. Did a minor edit to turn senapai to senpai.

(If you see the last two edit i've done, I've originally turned senapai and senpai to sempai but corrected myself after checking for earlier work and assure consistency. I deeply apologise if it annoyed you :? )

Good job turning it back b4 I noticed, (jk), stuff like that seems to happen all the time, its a culture, so it takes a while, (your learning romanji japanese already! Next step, Hiragana/Katakana)

PM Onizuka-gto about it, and it does take a while to be recognized as anything. (I'm still not a translator yet, neither are some others I know even though I've done three chapters from different series, and they've done a lot as well.) Onizuka-gto the man to ask about being a papakiki project editor.
黒曜石ペガサス
私の悪い文法のため申し訳ありません
stellarroze
Senior Project Translator

Post by stellarroze »

obsidian pegasus wrote:
Grand Barbu wrote:I read latest update of chapter 2 from vol 4. Did a minor edit to turn senapai to senpai.

Good job turning it back b4 I noticed, (jk), stuff like that seems to happen all the time, its a culture, so it takes a while, (your learning romanji japanese already! Next step, Hiragana/Katakana)

PM Onizuka-gto about it, and it does take a while to be recognized as anything. (I'm still not a translator yet, neither are some others I know even though I've done three chapters from different series, and they've done a lot as well.) Onizuka-gto the man to ask about being a papakiki project editor.
Your wish is my command...
obsidian pegasus
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

stellarroze wrote:Your wish is my command...
....that avatar and those words....怖い!(jk)
黒曜石ペガサス
私の悪い文法のため申し訳ありません
Cereesth
Astral Realm

Post by Cereesth »

I'm new to the website and I would love to help edit anything that needs editing. I have all sorts of free time, and I am a native English Speaker. If anyone can give me any suggestions or tips on what I should help edit I will be glad to do so. If I'm not needed that info is welcome too! xD Thanks for everyone's time.
l.kostas
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by l.kostas »

Cereesth wrote:I'm new to the website and I would love to help edit anything that needs editing. I have all sorts of free time, and I am a native English Speaker. If anyone can give me any suggestions or tips on what I should help edit I will be glad to do so. If I'm not needed that info is welcome too! xD Thanks for everyone's time.
See this page. It has some information on editing.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... _guideline

In a few words it says if you see a minor grammar error you can go ahead and correct it. If it needs a major change and alters the meaning of the text a lot you may contact the translator or post at the forums for advice.
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

obsidian pegasus wrote:
stellarroze wrote:Your wish is my command...
....that avatar and those words....怖い!(jk)
Are u telling me that Stella-chan is creepy? :x :evil:
l.kostas wrote: In a few words it says if you see a minor grammar error you can go ahead and correct it. If it needs a major change and alters the meaning of the text a lot you may contact the translator or post at the forums for advice.
Like that, if you have confidence on your skills go ahead :D

(Minor grmmar mistakes(and big ones too :oops: ) happens a lot) :lol:
Call me Nurin!

Grand Barbu
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Grand Barbu »

Glad to see the translation is still ongoing, i made a little modification on current chapter. I believe the words in [...] were words you weren't sure of the translation yeah? changed [gross] into unmanly as for the others i would need to know the many signification the original text could be translated to... more detail in the page discussion as always.

Cereesth wrote:I'm new to the website and I would love to help edit anything that needs editing. I have all sorts of free time, and I am a native English Speaker. If anyone can give me any suggestions or tips on what I should help edit I will be glad to do so. If I'm not needed that info is welcome too! xD Thanks for everyone's time.

Welcome to the project! I did a review of vol 1,2 and 3. but i'm not a native english speaker (its my second language thought)... so i invite you to read them and correct it if you find any typo or grammar errors.The more it get read and corrected the closest we can make it to perfection :wink:

For the sake of this project, I plan on learning japanese reading and help translate when i'm good with it. (may take a long time thought) I was told to use this website (www.memrise.com) that someone i know already use to learn japanese so i'll try it and maybe give you news.
obsidian pegasus
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Grand Barbu wrote: i made a little modification on current chapter. I believe the words in [...] were words you weren't sure of the translation yeah? changed [gross] into unmanly as for the others i would need to know the many signification the original text could be translated to... more detail in the page discussion as always.
Pm me or the other TL's for questions on a word. I changed it back because he definitely says gross, and the other parts are correctly translated as well. The reason I put them in brackets like that was because the author did as well. Its like a commentary on what is being said. 花村先輩 is explaining the situation to 雄太君、but while he's doing that he's also commenting on the different parts he's explaining and using sarcasm, so I kept the [bonds of siblings] and [gross] in that way not because I didn't know what they said, but to indicate a thought. 「.....」are similair to quotation marks in 日本語 so I was keeping them to indicate sarcastic thoughts and commentary.

That said, is there a better way to indicate commentary on commentary?
黒曜石ペガサス
私の悪い文法のため申し訳ありません
deathmailrock
Shamisen Wordsmith

Post by deathmailrock »

obsidian pegasus wrote:
Grand Barbu wrote: i made a little modification on current chapter. I believe the words in [...] were words you weren't sure of the translation yeah? changed [gross] into unmanly as for the others i would need to know the many signification the original text could be translated to... more detail in the page discussion as always.
Pm me or the other TL's for questions on a word. I changed it back because he definitely says gross, and the other parts are correctly translated as well. The reason I put them in brackets like that was because the author did as well. Its like a commentary on what is being said. 花村先輩 is explaining the situation to 雄太君、but while he's doing that he's also commenting on the different parts he's explaining and using sarcasm, so I kept the [bonds of siblings] and [gross] in that way not because I didn't know what they said, but to indicate a thought. 「.....」are similair to quotation marks in 日本語 so I was keeping them to indicate sarcastic thoughts and commentary.

That said, is there a better way to indicate commentary on commentary?
Maybe you could state in the references that it was commentary on commentary or something & that it wasn't on purpose, though it didn't really look like a mistake to me.....

course, you could put it as 'gross' instead of <gross>, because that's kinda how it's usually done in literature
Favorite Anime characters include Erza Scarlet, Uzumaki Kushina, and Kousaka Kirino

Grand Barbu
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Grand Barbu »

Thanks for the regular update on the translation! I take it you spend less time chatting on FB? =P Looked the newly added lines and its good. Keep up the good work!
Aurst
Astral Realm

Post by Aurst »

Hopefully I'm not being rude or anything but I was just curious as to whether the translation for this novel is still active (albeit the progress rate). I noticed there weren't any updates listed for volume 4 despite there being some progress on it. If it still currently active I'm very happy that it is and appreciate all the work everyone's putting into it. Thanks!
deathmailrock
Shamisen Wordsmith

Post by deathmailrock »

While the translation is slow, it is still being translated

the question wasn't rude since it was a sincere question and you really were curious XP

obsidian pegasus
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

deathmailrock wrote:While the translation is slow, it is still being translated

the question wasn't rude since it was a sincere question and you really were curious XP
guilt....guilt...guilt... The real problem is like he said, "the translation is slow". Its because I'm still learning 日本語, I'm brand new at this (4 months), I'm sorry, but I am getting better, so in the future, (6 months from now?) I'm sure I'll be able to put TL's out faster...
That said, I updated the progress bar and threw in another four pages for ya. (felt guilty for some reason...may have gotten distracted reading reading Full metal Panic...ごめんなさい。。。)
黒曜石ペガサス
私の悪い文法のため申し訳ありません

Return to “Abandoned”