Papa no Iukoto o Kikinasai!

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Papa no Iukoto o Kikinasai! ?

It was good! Please do more!
97%
It was interesting.
3%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 834

Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Papa no Iukoto o Kikinasai!

Post by Cthaeh »

DerpMcHerp wrote:Is anyone currently translating this?
No.
SuperLostz
Astral Realm

Papa no Iu Koto o Kikinasai?

Post by SuperLostz »

I finish reading Papa no Iu Koto o Kikinasai! and it got me pumping. The Novel continue farther than the manga, are the translators going to continue to finish the novel? I'm wondering if the translator are going to finish the novel (Volumes 4-18)? It been 3 years since it been updated. >.<
Castellan
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Castellan »

So I just finished translating the final chapter of the PapaKiki Rojou Kansatsu manga and I'm still hungry. So, like, who's running the project and is it full on translators?
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

Castellan wrote:So I just finished translating the final chapter of the PapaKiki Rojou Kansatsu manga and I'm still hungry. So, like, who's running the project and is it full on translators?
Uhh... looking at he project page, technically Onizuka-gto is running it, but I'll forewarn you that he sometimes (often) doesn't respond immediately. But you don't actually "need" to contact him to get started as a translator. See this page for procedural details. Basically the only thing you have to do to "join" is register for the chapter (#1 on that page).

If you want to take over the registration from someone who is currently there (ie because they're inactive), then #6 on that page is relevant. The fact that the translator for volume 4 chapter 2 hasn't made any updates in a year probably means they won't mind; but they are still active on BT, so it'd be good to check with them. The person registered for the v4 prologue hasn't been active in 3 years it looks like, so you can try to contact them, but it's probably safe to take over it.

And just a note, I was assuming you would want to start on v4, but you don't actually have to; you can work on whatever you want.
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Castellan, like Cthaeh said, it's probably safe for you to take over.
By the way, have you read Mayoi Neko by the same author? Honestly, I enjoyed it a bit more than Papakiki. That could be a potential project to work on as well :D
Castellan
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Castellan »

Hmm... Vol.4: Prologue, no progress. Chapter 1, fine. Chapter 2, incomplete. Chapter 3, page "has no data" (but is listed as TL'd). I'll read the prologue and see, but yeah volume 4 needs a bit of sprucing up by the PM.

Mayoi Neko...? I just expressed interest in a LN series with 15 volumes yet to be TL'd and before the day is out someone is tossing more at me? Uh no. Please let me stay focused on one thing.
Satoshi Rentaro
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Satoshi Rentaro »

Castellan wrote:Hmm... Vol.4: Prologue, no progress. Chapter 1, fine. Chapter 2, incomplete. Chapter 3, page "has no data" (but is listed as TL'd). I'll read the prologue and see, but yeah volume 4 needs a bit of sprucing up by the PM.

Mayoi Neko...? I just expressed interest in a LN series with 15 volumes yet to be TL'd and before the day is out someone is tossing more at me? Uh no. Please let me stay focused on one thing.
Woohoo!!!
If you're gonna pick up the TLs, I'd be willing to help out as an editor since, in my opinion, my English is pretty fluent :mrgreen:
EvolutionOfWar
Astral Realm

Post by EvolutionOfWar »

Castellan wrote:Hmm... Vol.4: Prologue, no progress. Chapter 1, fine. Chapter 2, incomplete. Chapter 3, page "has no data" (but is listed as TL'd). I'll read the prologue and see, but yeah volume 4 needs a bit of sprucing up by the PM.

Yes! Please work on Papa no Iu Koto o Kikinasai! I'm dying to see more of this series, it's just so great!
I would appreciate it a lot of you found the time and put in the effort to bring this series back to life.

Thanks!
Castellan
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Castellan »

A new editor probably won't be needed. There's likely a senior editor already affiliated with the project, or I can bring one or another fine editor I already work with.

A bigger issue though is I can't seem to find out how to contact the project manager. I guess I'll wait till he checks in and messages me. I have something I need to do through next week, anyway, so no hurry.
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

Castellan wrote:A bigger issue though is I can't seem to find out how to contact the project manager. I guess I'll wait till he checks in and messages me.
Their talk page on the wiki is the way I recommend contacting them. I don't think they visit the forums often.

However, while it is good to notify the project manager, the guidelines state that you don't need to contact the project manager as long as you use the registration page. And I'm going to say plainly that you shouldn't wait for a response (beyond the time your busy in rl), as response time is highly variable for this particular project manager even when direct messaging.
Castellan
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Castellan »

I am not going to edit translation registration pages on the website without having spoken with a project manager at least once. So that when I screw something up bigtime, it can be fixed. Now the only question is if my attempt to use the talk page worked right, or if I messed that up.

Regardless, I'm busy for the next week so it doesn't matter. Manga translation stuff going on.
Satoshi Rentaro
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Satoshi Rentaro »

Or maybe you can try contacting the Project Manager via email (that is, if you have his email address) seeing his talk page is filled with soooo many posts.

But, since you are busy with work, I don't think it would matter much if he doesn't get back to you immediately.....
shanesan
Astral Realm

Post by shanesan »

Castellan wrote:I am not going to edit translation registration pages on the website without having spoken with a project manager at least once. So that when I screw something up bigtime, it can be fixed. Now the only question is if my attempt to use the talk page worked right, or if I messed that up.

Regardless, I'm busy for the next week so it doesn't matter. Manga translation stuff going on.
Just wanted to let you know, thank you for taking time for this project. I've been hoping someone would show up to continue the potential on this VN. It's really deserving!
Kurono-kun
Astral Realm

Post by Kurono-kun »

Okay now we have end of October r and there are no updates now. Are there any Chance tahts an update will come? It would be verry sad when the Project stay dead. An why contact the old translator? There wa sno update ober two Years so the project is at the moment dead.

I really hope someone will translate voulem 4 and the others.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Now its DMCAed - so thats the end of it... :/

Btw. was the 18th novel meant to be the last?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.

Return to “Abandoned”