Papa no Iukoto o Kikinasai!

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Papa no Iukoto o Kikinasai! ?

It was good! Please do more!
97%
It was interesting.
3%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 834

obsidian pegasus
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Papa no Iukoto o Kikinasai!: General

Post by obsidian pegasus »

my apologies to the god of echi, (just trying to make a joke...oops) :roll:
黒曜石ペガサス
私の悪い文法のため申し訳ありません
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Nurin »

denormative wrote:
Nura rihan wrote:エッチの神? (The god of the ecchi?)
How impolite! 「エッチの神様」, thank you very much!
Nura rihan wrote:神のエッチ? (Lewd God?)
Sounds more like an accusation to me: 神様のエッチ〜!
>.> <.<
Denormative, you have to learn that I will never use 様, this word don't make part of my vocabulary. :D

Anyway, let's stop here, this is going off topic D:
Call me Nurin!

Grand Barbu
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Grand Barbu »

Nura rihan wrote:
obsidian pegasus wrote:They're not too bad, Chapter 1 was 50 pages, 2 is 40 pages, 3 is 30 pages, 4 is 30 pages, 5 is 50 pages, 6 is 60 pages, epilogue is 9 pages.

For Grand Barbaru, I'm with you, I'd love a second TLer for this project. On the bright side though, When I started back in July on chapter 2 it took me 4 hours to do one page, Now, (as in a couple min. ago), I did one page+ in 45 min. So I'm getting faster, (with less time/ day though :cry: )

Ps. since I'm using this to learn better 日本語, I'm also rotating books every night, (that I can). That way I get more exposure to the language in writing, (and different slangs and dialects). That makes me quite slow...(got asobi ni prologue done though 8)
Well, I just asked for ask, since I don't have plans for picking other series than Mayo Chiki!, but if you pray for the Gods and I'm done with the gradution next month, I don't mind picking up 2 or 3 chapters to help you(I will have more time).

Anyway, I am on the same boat with you, I'm translating to get a better Nihongo(And be able to read clearly), and the time I take to translate a page is the following:

Code: Select all

A page without contradicted sentences and without chating on FB:
30-45 mins

Page with a contradicted sentence without chatting on FB:
40mins to 1 hour

Page while chating on FB:
45mins to 1 hour

Page with a contradicted sentence while chating on FB
More than one hour
:roll: :lol:
That's nice! I love the manga! (of Mayo Chiki!) Also I would like to ask if there is any good website to learn Japanese online? I'm quite the autodidact and I would really like to learn it. (at least to read it if not speak it...) I had to use google translate to understand the japanese words you used ...althought its not perfect, it improved alot compared to a few years back. (is it of any help to you or do you only use your brain to decipher it?)
l.kostas
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by l.kostas »

Volume 14 will be released on October 25. The cover from amazon.jp:
deathmailrock
Shamisen Wordsmith

Post by deathmailrock »

is it gonna end volume 14? will the real parents be found?
Favorite Anime characters include Erza Scarlet, Uzumaki Kushina, and Kousaka Kirino

Nee-chan and Milf type sexy red-heads are the best kinda anime women

I am a proud fanboy of Erza Scarlet and Uzumaki Kushina and Kousaka Kirino
Grand Barbu
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Grand Barbu »

I've checked up the lines added to vol 4 ch 2, it all seems good.
deathmailrock wrote:is it gonna end volume 14? will the real parents be found?
Please put the spoiler in spoiler tag.
Spoiler! :
I haven't read that far... I can almost guess they do find other(s) parent(s)??? (like Miu's mom?) [I've seen the pictures of vol 4...]
Edit: corrected my mistake... ^_^'
Last edited by Grand Barbu on Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Niflheim
Temporal Time Variant Entity

Post by Niflheim »

Thoes were two simple questions, he didnt state that either was the case.
Spoiler! :
And tbh, ever since vol 1 it has felt more like 'When' then 'If' they will be found eventually.
just incase...
Riso raknar, rann álfraudull, nordr at niflheim
nióla sótti; upp nam ár Giöll Úlfrúnar nidr,
hornþytvalldr Himinbiarga

-- Hrafnagaldr Óðins

Give me KanColle in english please Kadokawa Games!
deathmailrock
Shamisen Wordsmith

Post by deathmailrock »

Grand Barbu wrote:I've checked up the lines added to vol 4 ch 2, it all seems good.
deathmailrock wrote:is it gonna end volume 14? will the real parents be found?
Please put the spoiler in spoiler tag, I haven't read that far... I can almost guess they do find other(s) parent(s)??? (like Miu's mom?) [I've seen the pictures of vol 4...]
Umm, what you said counts as more of a spoiler; what I was talking about was the entire premise (3 girls lose their parents, and Yuuta becomes their 'parent') I only asked if Vol 14 was the last and if the 2 missing parents were found, Yuuta was the one I was referring to as not the 'real' parent
Spoiler! :
Miu's mom counts as a real parent though
Niflheim wrote:Those were two simple questions, he didn't state that either was the case.
Spoiler! :
And tbh, ever since vol 1 it has felt more like 'When' then 'If' they will be found eventually.
just incase...
Ya, what he/she said; though I never implied if they were alive of anything, just do they get found? Their dead bodies, or were they really alive or anything like that

Though to be Honest, Yuuta and Raika could be great parents for Hina, cause Hina is so young, she could eventually forget about her real parents and those 2 would end up as the real parents
Favorite Anime characters include Erza Scarlet, Uzumaki Kushina, and Kousaka Kirino

Niflheim

Post by Niflheim »

For the sensative reader :)
Spoiler! :
I wouldnt say forget. As she grows up, come to accept thier deaths and come to terms with it is more likely imo. Maybe not as fun but thier roles are already deeply imprinted in Hina and she is conscious of what that role is.

Though, what I want to know is who the heck is behind her on the vol 14 cover. I sure know who I first thought it was . . .

-- Hrafnagaldr Óðins

deathmailrock
Shamisen Wordsmith

Post by deathmailrock »

Niflheim wrote:For the sensative reader :)
Spoiler! :
I wouldnt say forget. As she grows up, come to accept thier deaths and come to terms with it is more likely imo. Maybe not as fun but thier roles are already deeply imprinted in Hina and she is conscious of what that role is.

Though, what I want to know is who the heck is behind her on the vol 14 cover. I sure know who I first thought it was . . .
but Hina lost them at a very young age, she probably won't remember then too well as a teen and Yuuta would be more of a parent than her biological parents; most people don't remember stuff at that age; heck, it's not unusual for kids adopted at that age (2-3) to not know they were adopted later on in life, cause they grow accustom to that life and it was a time period where they didn't understand everything anyways (though they could also remember that they were adopted....

Niflheim

Post by Niflheim »

I wasnt talking about remembering her real parents. It is how she views Yuuta and Raika already, thier designated role for her is firmly set since she hasnt accepted her real parents fate. To her they are alive just not present.

-- Hrafnagaldr Óðins

obsidian pegasus
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by obsidian pegasus »

Were only on volume 4 here right now. I'm getting faster but I'm still slow as ****(sorry about that), it makes volume 14 seem so far away...would anyone get mad if we just translated the authors autogaki at the end of vol 14 and posted it here as a spoiler? (eye's glint)
黒曜石ペガサス
私の悪い文法のため申し訳ありません
deathmailrock
Shamisen Wordsmith

Post by deathmailrock »

Niflheim wrote:I wasnt talking about remembering her real parents. It is how she views Yuuta and Raika already, thier designated role for her is firmly set since she hasnt accepted her real parents fate. To her they are alive just not present.
but those 2 are becoming more and more the parental figures in her life (though so is Sora), so at somepoint, she might even think of Yuuta as her dad and Raika as her mom (she was able to connect Raika with her mom anyways)

deathmailrock
Shamisen Wordsmith

Post by deathmailrock »

obsidian pegasus wrote:Were only on volume 4 here right now. I'm getting faster but I'm still slow as ****(sorry about that), it makes volume 14 seem so far away...would anyone get mad if we just translated the authors autogaki at the end of vol 14 and posted it here as a spoiler? (eye's glint)
authors notes and stuff aren't as important to the readers as much as the story, doing the authors notes after the story is done wouldn't really be a problem with most people I'd think, and don't worry, I know how hard it can be translating Kanji (While I know why Kanji is important, it still sucks)

Niflheim

Post by Niflheim »

obsidian pegasus wrote:Were only on volume 4 here right now. I'm getting faster but I'm still slow as ****(sorry about that), it makes volume 14 seem so far away...would anyone get mad if we just translated the authors autogaki at the end of vol 14 and posted it here as a spoiler? (eye's glint)
As long as say what the spoiler tag broadly contain you should be able to translate and post pretty much what you want related to the series.
deathmailrock wrote:but those 2 are becoming more and more the parental figures in her life (though so is Sora), so at somepoint, she might even think of Yuuta as her dad and Raika as her mom (she was able to connect Raika with her mom anyways)
I'll just adopt a wait and see approach, not invested enough in the series to delve to deep into this type of speculation :P

-- Hrafnagaldr Óðins

Return to “Abandoned”