Oda Nobuna no Yabou

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Oda Nobuna no Yabou?

It was good! Please do more!
97%
It was interesting.
3%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
1%

Total votes: 2011

daoquangduc
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Oda Nobuna no Yabou: General

Post by daoquangduc »

denormative wrote:
isahata wrote:PDFs are needed, Please anybody :D
http://www.mediafire.com/?6a6tgxa6o18vk Sometimes I wonder if I need a singing, dancing PDF in my signature. :?

(Granted I'm missing v8; but I don't follow the series and I don't recall the usual ones complaining in the PDF thread/IMs about me not having made it yet. >.> <.< )
Aaa, really thank you for the PDF files :D They are wonderful for reading ^^
Btw, have you had any information for the next volume yet ? If you got, then it is really happy to know :D
Arigato :)
protector330
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Oda Nobuna no Yabou

Post by protector330 »

i also want to know any news about the volume 11 because i can't find any on google :(
anyway thx for your hard work on this series :D
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Volume 11 planned for April, after a year without any release.

And the series moves from GA Bunko to Fujimi Fantasia.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
protector330
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by protector330 »

Misogi wrote:Volume 11 planned for April, after a year without any release.

And the series moves from GA Bunko to Fujimi Fantasia.
thx a lot man is a really good news
akiratepes
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by akiratepes »

Would anyone able to properly follow this be willing to go through and add in the speakers into the text, please? Even if it's something simple like:
"Restless Itsuki, I'll turn you into dengaku on sticks[3]!" - Imagawa Spearmen 1
"I am telling you guys to stop!" - Sagara Yoshiharu
Would work great.
I love the story. I've seen the anime and read some of the manga and would love to read the original novel but the writing scheme is just to difficult to follow without consulting something else such as the manga, but the manga only covers so much of the story, so again, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

You want to add the speaker to the dialogue?
Translator at guhehe.TRANSLATIONS

"Life's a tale, told by an idiot." -Shakespeare
akiratepes
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by akiratepes »

cautr wrote:You want to add the speaker to the dialogue?
Yes. I would do it myself but I can't follow the text well enough. Even the simple adding of the speakers name in front of their dialogue like in a play script would make the text easier to read and thus more enjoyable. For example:
Imagawa Spearmen 1: "Restless Itsuki, I'll turn you into dengaku on sticks!"
Sagara Yoshiharu: "I am telling you guys to stop!"
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

Then I am strongly against it, that's not how it's supposed to be. It's on the same level as removing honorifics from anime dialogue or translating Onii-chan as "bro" or "big bro".

It wouldn't ruin it for me, but it'd leave a very bad after taste. Hope this won't be done.

denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

cautr wrote:Then I am strongly against it, that's not how it's supposed to be. It's on the same level as removing honorifics from anime dialogue or translating Onii-chan as "bro" or "big bro".

It wouldn't ruin it for me, but it'd leave a very bad after taste. Hope this won't be done.
I've seen this happen once, for one section of one LN here. I personally find it feels awkward, but I feel it was correct because in that instance it was really hard to tell who was speaking what lines; in Japanese it would have been much clearer, but a lot of the verbal patterns (girl speaking formally, vs girl speaking respectfully) get lost since formal and respectful pretty much use the same terms in English.

If there are specifically places where this is a problem (especially if it goes on for many pages without a trigger to tell you which character is which) it may be a solution for those particular sections. But adding it at any large dialogues where it 'might' be confusing would be a bad choice, even if it were 'Englishified' into the usual, ", said she." pattern.

In any event, there is probably a better solution: If akiratepes and others can identify particular places where it gets confusing, then a TLC or the translator can take a second look. Odds are that it's simply a less-polished bit of the translated script, or the translator or editor got themselves confused there and made a mistake, and someone can go in there and do a tidy up.
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
Darwen Gwein
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Darwen Gwein »

Query: Is the main difference between British and American English simply the spelling of several words? Or if I make an edit, do I as an American need to keep any special grammar preferences used by the British in mind? Akuma said they'd go through all the volumes and switch them into BrE, but I figure if I'm editing anyways I have no reason not to make their job a mite easier.
Wiki name: Darwen G'wein (note the apostrophe)
Pesterchum Handle: umbralCatalyst
Founding Member of the Institute of Slowly and Painfully Working Out the Surprisingly Obvious [ISPWOSO]
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Who likes the novel Oda Nobuna no Yabou

Post by Haiyami »

This is just me but I'm enjoying the novel a lot. I don't know if I have permission to do this, but I've noticed over the course of of the novels starting at volume 3 that there are a lot of grammatical errors and I have been thinking of going back and correcting these to make the sentence sound proper in English.
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

Kindle version of the series is on sale on amazon.co.jp.

Linkmet95
Mikuru's Master

Re: Who likes the novel Oda Nobuna no Yabou

Post by Linkmet95 »

Haiyami wrote:This is just me but I'm enjoying the novel a lot. I don't know if I have permission to do this, but I've noticed over the course of of the novels starting at volume 3 that there are a lot of grammatical errors and I have been thinking of going back and correcting these to make the sentence sound proper in English.
I really like the novel too (currently finished reading volume 07) but yeah there are a lost of mistakes.

Not going to tell you spoilers but in volume 06 or 07 (can't remeber) there is a new character and sometimes referers to as him and then as her so i don't know what to expect from that, you should try edit all the errors you see, ill do it too because is really troublesome reading like this.
Sorry if my english is bad, is not my native language and i don't know what to put here xD
Darwen Gwein
Haruhiist Disciple

Post by Darwen Gwein »

So I started off simply restructuring sentences that went "Though... but..." because that conjunction combination is just weird to read, but then I started typing more, like adding verbs to sentences that were just strings of nouns, and reducing rampant ambiguity by replacing "him/her"s, "it"s and "that"s with the thing (most likely) being referenced.
In short, I'm borderline-rewriting stuff. Since I'm a novice, I would greatly appreciate someone going back over Vol 3, which is the one to which I've done the most so far, and making sure I haven't made the reading more cumbersome or such.
Wiki name: Darwen G'wein (note the apostrophe)
Pesterchum Handle: umbralCatalyst
Founding Member of the Institute of Slowly and Painfully Working Out the Surprisingly Obvious [ISPWOSO]
Linkmet95
Mikuru's Master

Post by Linkmet95 »

Darwen Gwein wrote:So I started off simply restructuring sentences that went "Though... but..." because that conjunction combination is just weird to read, but then I started typing more, like adding verbs to sentences that were just strings of nouns, and reducing rampant ambiguity by replacing "him/her"s, "it"s and "that"s with the thing (most likely) being referenced.
In short, I'm borderline-rewriting stuff. Since I'm a novice, I would greatly appreciate someone going back over Vol 3, which is the one to which I've done the most so far, and making sure I haven't made the reading more cumbersome or such.
I'll help you and let you know if more easy to read but since its not my native language maybe you need another one.
Sorry if my english is bad, is not my native language and i don't know what to put here xD

Return to “Abandoned”