Oda Nobuna no Yabou

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Oda Nobuna no Yabou?

It was good! Please do more!
97%
It was interesting.
3%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
1%

Total votes: 2011

tarmade
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Oda Nobuna no Yabou: General

Post by tarmade »

The history lesson AKA Chapter 1 of Volume 3 is now done!!!

Gosh, I really hate history lessons.

Volume 8 translations will be next now, stay tuned...

Now, there will definitely be discrepancies between Setsuna's translation and mine. Please do edit as you see fit.
tarmade
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by tarmade »

cautr wrote:
tarmade wrote:He refers to her as Aneue(姉上)
Thank you very much! Do you happen to know, if she's adressed to as just "Hime" or is it "Hime-sama", when people call her princess? I believe it's mostly Katsuie who uses this one.
It depends. Nagahide typically address her as Hime, Katsuie as Hime-sama, same for Mitsuhide.
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

tarmade wrote:It depends. Nagahide typically address her as Hime, Katsuie as Hime-sama, same for Mitsuhide.
Got it. I'll use it accordingly, thanks!
Translator at guhehe.TRANSLATIONS

"Life's a tale, told by an idiot." -Shakespeare
Rotfell
Astral Realm

Post by Rotfell »

Thx for Volume 03 - Chapter 01 (waited patiently and I got rewarded :twisted: ), but there is something, which throws me kinda off and I wanted to check, if this quirk was in the original, too.

I'm a native German and this seems odd:
Sub-squads that lack a leading general, only has the effect of an Einsatzgruppen
Einsatzgruppen is plural, Einsatzgruppe would be the singular. So "a/an" wouldn't be the right article (grammar-wise), since it tells about sub-squads I would simply go with:
Sub-squads that lack a leading general, only has the effect of Einsatzgruppen
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

Rotfell wrote:Einsatzgruppen is plural, Einsatzgruppe would be the singular. So "a/an" wouldn't be the right article (grammar-wise), since it tells about sub-squads I would simply go with:
Sub-squads that lack a leading general, only has the effect of Einsatzgruppen
"Sub-squads that(/which) lack a leading general, only have (!) the effect of Einsatzgruppen/of an Einsatzgruppe." To be exact. Didn't read the chapter yet, but Einsatzgruppen? Does it say that in the raw? I hope it's Yoshiharu's phrasing, otherwise it'd be weird if they don't know what "Games" are, but "Einsatzgruppen" is fine, haha.

Hah, I'd probably like to edit Oda Nobuna, but now I started to translate it into German, and hell, I'm gonna see it through. :D I'll keep my mouth shut now, I don't really have anything to do with this project anyway. Thanks for the amazing work again, tarmade! Keep it up!

Kirwanjam
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kirwanjam »

Thanks Tarmade for finishing up volume 3 and here's the fully translated PDF of volume 3: http://www.mediafire.com/view/klaarryhe ... lume_3.pdf
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

Another quick question: Is a translation of the volume's afterwords intended at some point?

ArchmageXin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ArchmageXin »

Question here, in volume 3-4, in the famous retreat where the main character decide to be part of the suicide squad, one of the girls loaned him "50 cannons" then in the next chapter there were several references to "arquebus", which is a musket. Yet, there were several references about "cannons" throughout the chapter.

Can I get a confirmation/permission to edit the story so it is made clear that Sagara had either 50 rifles, or 50 cannons? Because reading V3 end and V4 beginning it feel kind of inconsistent.
Niflheim
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Niflheim »

Just a thought, could they mean hand cannon when talking about cannon?

Other then that I can't see a suicide group being equpid with field artillery, makes no sense.
Riso raknar, rann álfraudull, nordr at niflheim
nióla sótti; upp nam ár Giöll Úlfrúnar nidr,
hornþytvalldr Himinbiarga

-- Hrafnagaldr Óðins

Give me KanColle in english please Kadokawa Games!
ArchmageXin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ArchmageXin »

It is most likely a rifle from my reading~ Hand cannon is a very large pistol, and I know "cannon" could be in reference to several different things in chinese...but here, we probably should made it clear Sagara had muskets or flintlocks, not a portable artillery of some kind. :lol:

Edit: a suicide group can use field artillery, if they were planning an last stand type of thing. Sargara was clearly moving. Unless he had a crew of anime guys who hack the game.
Niflheim
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Niflheim »

Was just thinking about the evolution of the rifel with hand cannon being the first then the arquebus :P He is rocking 21th century mortars!! Jokes aside, should be made clear what he is using if it is not consistent indeed.

It was the sheer number of cannons, looking back at some 1800 battles 50 cannons would be accompanied with anything between 15000-30000 troops. From a tactical pov even if you can't take them with you they are easy targets for cavalry units :) But I think this is taking it a bit away from your original question.
Riso raknar, rann álfraudull, nordr at niflheim
nióla sótti; upp nam ár Giöll Úlfrúnar nidr,
hornþytvalldr Himinbiarga

-- Hrafnagaldr Óðins

Give me KanColle in english please Kadokawa Games!
ArchmageXin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ArchmageXin »

LOL, here is something else. Apparently when that girl who is saving Sargara, she thought that he come from a Japan in the future where there had been no wars for TEN years. :lol: Maybe they missed a zero?
tarmade
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by tarmade »

ArchmageXin wrote:Question here, in volume 3-4, in the famous retreat where the main character decide to be part of the suicide squad, one of the girls loaned him "50 cannons" then in the next chapter there were several references to "arquebus", which is a musket. Yet, there were several references about "cannons" throughout the chapter.

Can I get a confirmation/permission to edit the story so it is made clear that Sagara had either 50 rifles, or 50 cannons? Because reading V3 end and V4 beginning it feel kind of inconsistent.
I was quite confused at that point of translation. As of now, those "cannons" actually meant arquebus. There are inconsistent areas in the earlier vols as I'm basically a one man army. So I hope you guys will help to edit them for me as I'm busy translating the later vols...
tarmade
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by tarmade »

ArchmageXin wrote:LOL, here is something else. Apparently when that girl who is saving Sargara, she thought that he come from a Japan in the future where there had been no wars for TEN years. :lol: Maybe they missed a zero?
I think Juubei meant that 10 years is quite a long time of peace. In the sengoku era, a peace period lasting 10 years is basically unheard of. So she was referencing to Yoshiharu being brought up in a very peaceful environment.
ArchmageXin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ArchmageXin »

Done, I changed all references of "cannon" into rifle/musket/gunfire/marksmen to ensure people know no one is carrying a bazooka or something.

Now the question is, there was a battle Sagara refer to about Oda Nobonga used "repeating volleys" by having some people shoot and other reload, was that a cannon barrage or rifle barrage? (since it was a separate historical event Sagara drew inspiration from)

Return to “Abandoned”