Black Bullet

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Black Bullet?

It was good! Please do more!
98%
It was interesting.
1%
Not as good as I thought.
1%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 375

Ket'lane35
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei (licensed), Tokyo Ravens...

Re: Black Bullet

Post by Ket'lane35 »

What's with that insane speed !! You can translate one whole volume in ten days ? Or even one week ?! :shock:

Please, tell me about your secret, master...
Pour guérir quelque chose qui ne marche pas ou qui fait trop de bruit, il faut et il suffit de taper dessus avec quelque chose qui marche mieux ou qui fait plus de bruits. -- devise Shadock
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Nurin »

I can tell about Ping secret
For me, what I actually did was to look at the LNs for the kanji they use (and they have a lot of furigana). Your best bet is to know the basic kanji first, either through song lyrics (with english translations), or by manga RAWs.

~Teh Ping
Actually this was when I asked for some help.

But it's easy when you study, learn it, and get used to translating.

:lol: :lol:
Call me Nurin!

cramped
Project Translator

Post by cramped »

Shikkin where?
Patron God of NTRed
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

cramped wrote:Shikkin where?
Shikkin and IS are pushed to me... :oops:
Call me Nurin!

Ket'lane35
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Ket'lane35 »

Nura rihan wrote:I can tell about Ping secret
For me, what I actually did was to look at the LNs for the kanji they use (and they have a lot of furigana). Your best bet is to know the basic kanji first, either through song lyrics (with english translations), or by manga RAWs.

~Teh Ping
Actually this was when I asked for some help.

But it's easy when you study, learn it, and get used to translating.

:lol: :lol:
Well, thanks, I'll keep this advice in mind for when I'll be able to translate directly from Japanese (and it won't happen before I can find the time to learn Japanese... :lol: ).

Even so, translating 20 pages from English into French takes me about 5 to 6 hours when I'm at my best... And I suppose Teh Ping doesn't spend all of his time translating, with college and such.

So how can he translate so fast ? :shock:
Pour guérir quelque chose qui ne marche pas ou qui fait trop de bruit, il faut et il suffit de taper dessus avec quelque chose qui marche mieux ou qui fait plus de bruits. -- devise Shadock
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

Ket'lane35 wrote:Even so, translating 20 pages from English into French takes me about 5 to 6 hours when I'm at my best... And I suppose Teh Ping doesn't spend all of his time translating, with college and such.

Can't speak for him, but I assume it's being used to the language so much, that the translation just pops up in your head. As well as fast writing and maybe some sort of natural talent. :mrgreen: I'm quite fast with English -> German, too, it's not really anything I can describe, it's just coming to me.

BTW: The character introduction section is sweetly coded. Nice.
Translator at guhehe.TRANSLATIONS

"Life's a tale, told by an idiot." -Shakespeare
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

cautr wrote:
Ket'lane35 wrote:Even so, translating 20 pages from English into French takes me about 5 to 6 hours when I'm at my best... And I suppose Teh Ping doesn't spend all of his time translating, with college and such.

Can't speak for him, but I assume it's being used to the language so much, that the translation just pops up in your head. As well as fast writing and maybe some sort of natural talent. :mrgreen: I'm quite fast with English -> German, too, it's not really anything I can describe, it's just coming to me.

BTW: The character introduction section is sweetly coded. Nice.
I translated 2 volumes of DAL English > Portuguese in less than a week, and no, I didn't stay awake all week long...

They are not on B-T
Call me Nurin!

Ket'lane35
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Ket'lane35 »

cautr wrote:Can't speak for him, but I assume it's being used to the language so much, that the translation just pops up in your head. As well as fast writing and maybe some sort of natural talent. :mrgreen: I'm quite fast with English -> German, too, it's not really anything I can describe, it's just coming to me.
I see what you mean, it begins to happen to me too... But not only from English to French : sometimes, an English word comes to my mind before the French one does. Not really convenient for conversations... :lol: But I still need to rely a lot on the dictionary, maybe that's what is slowing me down.
Nura rihan wrote:I translated 2 volumes of DAL English > Portuguese in less than a week, and no, I didn't stay awake all week long...

Ok, you're all my gods. :)

By the way, since we're on this topic : can't wait to see the whole first volume (finally) translated ! Unfortunately, I'll be studying for my exams, so I won't be able to read it as soon as it's available on BT... :cry:
Kouen no Ten
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kouen no Ten »

Barging in on this~ I will be translating the first three volumes.

I am not gonna be fast though, since I am gonna work on this alongside Strike the Blood.
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

Just just letting you know in case you weren't aware, Teh/Sleep Ping has Black Bullet on his projected translation timeline, with the first volume projected for the end of February. Of course, the registration is open, and there's nothing saying that you can't both be working on it (or his plans could have changed).
Kouen no Ten
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kouen no Ten »

And here I was thinking he was only gonna work on the latter three volumes!

Well, I'll communicate with him on this.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

If you want to, please proceed with Volume 3 and onwards. I plan to finish the first 2 volumes before the anime starts, at least.
Dalam
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: CSR

Post by Dalam »

First episode was pretty good, covered a decent amount of material. Who else liked our little loli? XD
Find me on Hongfire if you want to chat more about stuff here. =V
BlackBullet
Astral Realm

Post by BlackBullet »

Created an account just to say I appreciate that you translated the first 3 chapters of the LN, I loved it and I hope you will do more :wink:
Jiemuzu
Astral Realm

Post by Jiemuzu »

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! I've really wanted to read this for ages :)

Return to “Abandoned”