No Game,No Life

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this Novel (series) Translated?

Yes
409
92%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
7
2%
No (Please give a reason)
30
7%
 
Total votes : 446

No Game,No Life

Postby rikimtasu » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:29 am

New main topic: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5520

Image

Original Title: ノーゲーム.ノーライフ
Author: 榎宫祐 (Thiago Furukawa Lucas)
Illustrator: 榎宫祐 (Thiago Furukawa Lucas)
Publisher: MF文庫J (MF Bunko J)

Synopsis:
There are a ubar legend that there are a legendary gamer called [ ],but in realty they are just a NEET brother and sister called 空 and 白.One day,someone so called God summon them to a world where everything is decided by game....that right,even cross pass the country.Can those two NEET Brother and sister save the last human race <Imanity>,which only have one city left?
"Now...let the game begin!"


And agian,i would not be translating this,i will leave anyone who would like to translate this.And yes,i translated synopsis myself.
Spoiler! :
Illust if you wanna have a look.
http://min.us/mbaN11S0c2
Last edited by rikimtasu on Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
rikimtasu
Haruhiist Disciple
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:22 am

Re: No Game,No Life

Postby Rajikai » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:08 pm

It would be nice if you could translate it. I'm not trying to sound rude, just saying that the community of BT would most likely appreciate it. Including since you are willing to translate it.
Image
1,550/3,400
User avatar
Rajikai
Sailor Tsuki
 
Posts: 1767
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:10 pm
Location: La La Land

Re: No Game,No Life

Postby jonathanasdf » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:44 pm

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... me_No_Life

Nothing wrong with more teaser pages :)

I don't know what to say about the volume... I kinda liked it, but kinda didn't like it at the same time. I will definitely read the next volume when it comes out, but I wouldn't want to do a full translation project (even assuming I had the time).

Still, the scene from page 169-205 is just too good so I'm going to translate it as a teaser. I'm doing it in fast mode so not really caring about good grammar or phrasing or editing anything, because really I should be focusing on date a live...
jonathanasdf
Kyon's Imouto-Chan
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:35 pm

Re: No Game,No Life

Postby DoomCalibur » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:17 am

Who started this project? Is the one who start the projet always have to translate a prolouge on his own or would he request some1 else do it?
If possible, I would like to start Tsuki Tsuki! as a teaser project.
User avatar
DoomCalibur
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:02 pm

Re: No Game,No Life

Postby chancs » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:21 am

I have refined the teaser page here

No Game No Life

DoomCalibur wrote:Who started this project? Is the one who start the project always have to translate a prologue on his own or would he request some1 else do it?

If possible, I would like to start Tsuki Tsuki! as a teaser project.


There is a requirement for starting the project. One must have a chapter of the concerned series translated (some part of it atlaeast ) to be put on the page (otherwise it will be a gift box without the actual gift :lol: :lol: )

As from where the translation comes, you can either do it by self or you can ask some1 to do it. Please keep in mind that you must take prior permission from the 1 willingly translating for uploading on BT.

:mrgreen:
User avatar
chancs
Project Editor
 
Posts: 687
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:07 am
Location: under the starry night

Re: No Game,No Life

Postby jonathanasdf » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:15 am

Hmm, chapter 3 goes from page 149-213, but for the teaser i'm only doing 169-205... how do I show that on the page :/

Anyways, the teaser part is only 33% finished yet, but i'm hoping to finish it by end of this week. :)
jonathanasdf
Kyon's Imouto-Chan
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:35 pm

Re: No Game,No Life

Postby DoomCalibur » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:33 am

Really? i actually like Tsuki Tsuki very much but it seem like no one pays it a visit at all therefore i am thinking of starting a teaser project about it. However, my japanese is suck and because no one pays its page a visit therefore i cant communicate with any willing translators at all. If anu1 read this post pls give me your opinion. If possible can you also show me the good web to study japanese. To be honest i am just 15 years old and i cant afford to find a Japanese language teaching lessons in school or outside right now. Therefore i need to learn it on internet. Pls give me your best choice :D :D :D
User avatar
DoomCalibur
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:02 pm

Re: No Game,No Life

Postby chancs » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:23 pm

jonathanasdf wrote:Hmm, chapter 3 goes from page 149-213, but for the teaser i'm only doing 169-205... how do I show that on the page :/

Anyways, the teaser part is only 33% finished yet, but i'm hoping to finish it by end of this week. :)


Simply mark the pages under comment

<!-- page no -->

Either right on the top or on the individual page translation
User avatar
chancs
Project Editor
 
Posts: 687
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:07 am
Location: under the starry night

Re: No Game,No Life

Postby Chia » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:50 pm

hope someone pick this one up. I read some of the spoilers at animesuki forum, and that really caught my attention about those two brother and sister gamers and all. If anyone is interested, please translate this LN......
Image
User avatar
Chia
Haruhiist Specialist
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:15 pm
Location: Tutong District, Brunei Darussalam

Re: No Game,No Life

Postby ShadowZeroHeart » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:07 pm

Finally got my hands on this novel volume 1.

After reading it, I am considering dropping the series already. If someone even bothered with volume 2 onwards, mind telling me your views, comments and some spoilers on future volumes? Because volume 1 was next to crap to me... The plot seems good, but the development and happenings are beyond lame...

My comments on volume 1:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5178&p=172545#p172545
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
User avatar
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
 
Posts: 3480
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:23 am
Location: Amidst the Shadows

Re: No Game,No Life

Postby jonathanasdf » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:55 pm

I thought that when you suspend disbelief and stopped logically trying to analyze things, then it's pretty interesting. There are so many plot holes and whatnot, but WHO CARES!

for example, in vol 2

Spoiler! :
Battle of Shiritori where what you say must be a term with a physical form/effect and if it wasn't there, it will appear, and if it was there, would disappear.

For example, by the middle of the game they were in a safari jungle, naked, eating curry, while Steph was being chased around by an army of natives...

And then, the ending was caused by removing the earth's crust and mantel, then removing all the oxygen from the air, and causing a hypernova...

xD
jonathanasdf
Kyon's Imouto-Chan
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:35 pm

Re: No Game,No Life

Postby ShadowZeroHeart » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:02 am

jonathanasdf wrote:I thought that when you suspend disbelief and stopped logically trying to analyze things, then it's pretty interesting. There are so many plot holes and whatnot, but WHO CARES!

for example, in vol 2

Spoiler! :
Battle of Shiritori where what you say must be a term with a physical form/effect and if it wasn't there, it will appear, and if it was there, would disappear.

For example, by the middle of the game they were in a safari jungle, naked, eating curry, while Steph was being chased around by an army of natives...

And then, the ending was caused by removing the earth's crust and mantel, then removing all the oxygen from the air, and causing a hypernova...

xD


Now I am reminded of a quote/logic from Slayers:

If everyone knows how to cast a Dragon Slave(Can easily destroy a town), and everyone just casts a bloody Dragon Slave at whatever happens whenever happens, the world ends way too easily...

Thank you, I know that I can easily drop the series then...

P.S. I don't mind ideas that breaks logical reasoning, or a world of games etc. But at least stick to their own rules and make a proper world out of it. There are too many issues, so much so I am feeling, "Wow, how dumb!" than be impressed by it. I was impressed by the first half of the chess battle, but the later parts were "WTF are you trying to do!?"
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
User avatar
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
 
Posts: 3480
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:23 am
Location: Amidst the Shadows

Re: No Game,No Life

Postby plant42 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:39 pm

jonathanasdf wrote:I thought that when you suspend disbelief and stopped logically trying to analyze things, then it's pretty interesting. There are so many plot holes and whatnot, but WHO CARES!

for example, in vol 2

Spoiler! :
Battle of Shiritori where what you say must be a term with a physical form/effect and if it wasn't there, it will appear, and if it was there, would disappear.

For example, by the middle of the game they were in a safari jungle, naked, eating curry, while Steph was being chased around by an army of natives...

And then, the ending was caused by removing the earth's crust and mantel, then removing all the oxygen from the air, and causing a hypernova...

xD



Hmm I have to ask where and which page that such a rules were written?

That's no plot hole
I read the jap ver. , on p.110 where Djibril explain the rules she only said that " 'Things that not exist' , 'fictional' 'have no image' can't be materialization" and "if you said a nonsense word and phenomenon it will be count as an invalid answer"

If you read it carefully, there were no such rules like "a valid word must be term with a physical form/effect". In fact the only invalid word is the fictional/nonsense word that didn't really exist that world.
Seirei circuit , mantle crust , Oxygen , Coulomb force are all the real exist things.
User avatar
plant42
Astral Realm
 

Re: No Game,No Life

Postby jonathanasdf » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:02 am

Ok I finished the teaser after a lonnnng time...
jonathanasdf
Kyon's Imouto-Chan
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:35 pm

Re: No Game,No Life

Postby ShadowZeroHeart » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:12 am

plant42 wrote:Hmm I have to ask where and which page that such a rules were written?

That's no plot hole
I read the jap ver. , on p.110 where Djibril explain the rules she only said that " 'Things that not exist' , 'fictional' 'have no image' can't be materialization" and "if you said a nonsense word and phenomenon it will be count as an invalid answer"

If you read it carefully, there were no such rules like "a valid word must be term with a physical form/effect". In fact the only invalid word is the fictional/nonsense word that didn't really exist that world.
Seirei circuit , mantle crust , Oxygen , Coulomb force are all the real exist things.



I tried googling Seirei circuit and Coulomb Force...

Seirei circuit was not found... Was it a term in the novel?

Coulomb force is a force. The electrons may exist, but the force is something generated by the electrons? If so, it is not a real exist thing, but a "phenomenon" that should be counted as an invalid answer?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
User avatar
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
 
Posts: 3480
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:23 am
Location: Amidst the Shadows

Next

Return to Abandoned

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest