Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo?

It was good! Please do more!
98%
It was interesting.
1%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
1%

Total votes: 726

florza
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Post by florza »

I haven't seen an alternative language translator on BT who does Japanese -> Alternative Language yet, so most likely not.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

florza wrote:I haven't seen an alternative language translator on BT who does Japanese -> Alternative Language yet, so most likely not.
Oh, we had one Japanese - Italian translator for Bakemonogatari... Also the Hantsuki translator did translate Japanese - German(but now they also translates into English ;))
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
gsdg123
Astral Realm

Post by gsdg123 »

Darklor wrote:
gsdg123 wrote: I am in a translation group that is taking this great novel to the spanish,
Japanese to Spanish?
No, we are taking the english novel that is being translated in baka-tsuki. And like in the later, we just have the project as a teaser. We are just waiting for the updates so we can continue (no pressure, don't worry) And again, thanks for your work.
demon8796
Astral Realm

Post by demon8796 »

Thanks for translating this series. :D
i hope you guys will translate the whole thing. :wink:
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

I pretty much stop reading new light novels and buying any except for a few titles I still follow.
But I must say, after watching the anime, I found that this series is a little different from the usual rabu-kome + love triangle series. The fact that the protagonist have to overcome his own many insecurities and being overshadowed by his love interest, and his decision to change, and how the story revolves a lot on character development on the people at Sakurasou, rather than humour and ecchi and antics which the bulk of rabu-komes are built on, creates a huge potential for strong characterizations. If the writer has the skills to keep up with his ideas, this can become a really really good series. My only concern is he can't, or he goes to shipper pandering mode. I hope that the ending has Sorata establishing a foothold in what he pursues through sheer hard-work and going through a lot of failures rather than him failing and giving up and happy to be where he is. I'm also guessing that the h-a-c-k-e-r is actually a female (PLEASE DON'T SPOIL ME).
Logic
Astral Realm

Post by Logic »

This Novel is pretty fun, i really really want more of this (will they continue to translate?)
NyaaEugene
Astral Realm

Post by NyaaEugene »

watched 5 eps of Anime and read 3 chaps of manga

want to see more of this in novel

hope they will make it as a main project !
Veruz
Vice Commander Itsuki
Location: 01000111 01110010 01100101 01100101 01100011 01100101

Post by Veruz »

To anyone that read up to volume 8, a little question.
Spoiler! :
Is it true that the author asked the readers to vote whom they would like to end up with Sorata? Depending on the votes the last two volumes will play out as a Mashiro/Aoyama route - At least that is what someone on a forum I visit said.
Just needed to ask this since it'll keep me on edge until the anime/novel is over.
magykalman
Project Translator

Post by magykalman »

Hey guys...We srsly do need help from ppl who are willing to translate this series. If you are keen and is average (I suck though) at English, pls join me and Pudding and help us finish Vol. 1 At least so that it does not get taken over by NanoDesu...At least. .___. And Of course! Since I'm here, I might as well promote this book! ONE OF THE BEST LNs I'VE EVER READ. SRSLY. It may seem like an easy, no-brainer story that is average, on first sight, but the story is actually very deep. Each of the characters are actually just hiding their dark and hidden side to themselves and just putting on a face that conceals much. (Jin dating other woman to forget the pain of not being able to reach Misaki) (SPOILER! :P) So, do support it! XD

Btw, Yes! I totally suport the Mashiro Route! Screw the Aoyama route! XDDDD

P.s. Find me up on BT, maybe? Same name so do PM me and don't hesitate if you want to start translating! XD
Hatsune Miku FTW! XD
Freedom1324
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Freedom1324 »

magykalman wrote:Hey guys...We srsly do need help from ppl who are willing to translate this series. If you are keen and is average (I suck though) at English, pls join me and Pudding and help us finish Vol. 1 At least so that it does not get taken over by NanoDesu...At least. .___. And Of course! Since I'm here, I might as well promote this book! ONE OF THE BEST LNs I'VE EVER READ. SRSLY. It may seem like an easy, no-brainer story that is average, on first sight, but the story is actually very deep. Each of the characters are actually just hiding their dark and hidden side to themselves and just putting on a face that conceals much. (Jin dating other woman to forget the pain of not being able to reach Misaki) (SPOILER! :P) So, do support it! XD

Btw, Yes! I totally suport the Mashiro Route! Screw the Aoyama route! XDDDD

P.s. Find me up on BT, maybe? Same name so do PM me and don't hesitate if you want to start translating! XD
what is BT? sorry and if we do express an interest in editting we can apply?
Silimir
Project Translator

Post by Silimir »

BT is the acronym of Baka-Tsuki!
magykalman
Project Translator

Post by magykalman »

@Freedom1234: YES! we need help! Good that you would want to help! We are very thankful! Pls do sign up at baka-tsuki.org and become an official editor! (By editing, of course.) XD

The sakurasou link: http://baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php ... _na_Kanojo

We are not as stressful as High School DxD (No offense) and are just a bunch of happy (Or maybe not) ppl translating. So do not worry! You can edit a little everyday. And what's more, the project is only beginning, so not much to edit. Can take your time. :)
Hatsune Miku FTW! XD
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

magykalman wrote: At least so that it does not get taken over by NanoDesu...At least.
Is there a problem with NanoDeso?

Thought we have a friendly cooperation with NanoDeso?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
florza
Shamisen Wordsmith

Post by florza »

Darklor wrote:
magykalman wrote: At least so that it does not get taken over by NanoDesu...At least.
Is there a problem with NanoDeso?

Thought we have a friendly cooperation with NanoDeso?
On the contrary, I think it would be in the best interests of everyone for this to get picked up by NanoDesu. At least you know for sure you're going to get a quality translation.
Triskelion
Astral Realm

Post by Triskelion »

I've been watching the anime recently and found out that there was a light novel for it!

I've really enjoyed it so far, and I'm hoping that you continue to translate this!

I would love to help if I knew Japanese, but that is not the case. :(

If you need help with editing though, I can lend a hand if you're interested!

Return to “Abandoned”