Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo?

It was good! Please do more!
98%
It was interesting.
1%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
1%

Total votes: 726

NanoDesu
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Post by NanoDesu »

I appreciate your understanding.

I translate as I read, so when I finish reading chapter 5 the translation will be up anyways, so feel free to read that.
Studart
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Studart »

Hm... The poll (NanoDesu) Was hard... I mean... I love sakurasou and Seitokai... I was kind of happy when I saw BT picking Sakurasou... (Seitokai in second place...)... But... I'll pray for someone in BT to pick Seitokai xD
Anyway... NanoDesu... Thanks for Kore Wa ... and... Good fight against sakurasou :lol:
Freedom1324
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Freedom1324 »

I think the best thing we can say is that translation for light novels is about giving the readers the great stories so that they can understand and enjoy along with the people of Japan what the novels bring. I think that it doesn't matter who translates it, but how many people will be happy and thankful that there are translated versions to read and enjoy.
NanoDesu
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by NanoDesu »

Studart wrote:Hm... The poll (NanoDesu) Was hard... I mean... I love sakurasou and Seitokai... I was kind of happy when I saw BT picking Sakurasou... (Seitokai in second place...)... But... I'll pray for someone in BT to pick Seitokai xD
Anyway... NanoDesu... Thanks for Kore Wa ... and... Good fight against sakurasou :lol:
I wouldn't mind doing Seizon, but I'm more interested in Sakurasou (fewer references, more slice-of-life). I actually have 17 volumes of Seizon sitting on my shelf right now, but I just haven't touched them.
magykalman
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by magykalman »

@ND So when are you gonna start translating? Cause if it's a close date, we might as well abandon the project already, since you're translating and it would be dumb to co-host. Thx.
Hatsune Miku FTW! XD
NanoDesu
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by NanoDesu »

magykalman wrote:@ND So when are you gonna start translating? Cause if it's a close date, we might as well abandon the project already, since you're translating and it would be dumb to co-host. Thx.
If the tracking info is reliable, the books should be arriving by the end of this week. I might actually start translating then, but as per the rules of my poll, the project will not be official or public until 2013 at least. I have a big exam on January 11/12, so my current plan is to open the translation publicly right afterwards, hopefully with a sizable chunk translated already.
magykalman
Project Translator

Post by magykalman »

Okay. That's still fine. On the other hand I'll try to push a little for Vol 1 to be done by next year then. (Or at least before the end of the world) XDDDD
Hatsune Miku FTW! XD
NanoDesu
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by NanoDesu »

I lied. I had a bit of spare time these two days so I started the website and a bit of the translation: http://sakurasouthetranslation.wordpress.com. The translation won't go into full gear until next year, but I'll be updating it here and there until then.
Infiking
Astral Realm

Post by Infiking »

Hi im new and I was wondering if I could help edit sakurasou
magykalman
Project Translator

Post by magykalman »

Are you talking about NanoDesu or BT? If ND I don't think you can, but if BT, we are currently lacking proofreaders and editors now, so yeah, you're very much welcomed. :) Another 170% of the first volume and it'll become an official project! Way to go! XD
Hatsune Miku FTW! XD
Monkeii12
Literature Club Member

Post by Monkeii12 »

So, I'm the semi-new TL who started TLing Sakurasou on this Monday/Tuesday (depending on where you're time zone is), and I just made an account to say hello.

My English skills aren't exactly top notch, so certain parts of Ch3 (what Ive TLed) might sound awkward or unnatural. So please bear with me. ;_;

Also, it looks like Sakurasou is now an official project. Thank you Pudding321 and Magykalman for all your work.

With only Ch2 and Ch4 remaining, I think the first volume will be completed soon.

@Infiking like what Magykalman said, if it is for BT works, feel free to edit without changing the sentences too much. So checking the grammar, punctuation and the flow of the text would be suffice; at least in my opinion anyway.

Now that we are 60% done with Vol 1, we can push on for the remaining 40%.

Let's do our best!!
I'm actually JUNNYNAM
Evans the Third
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Evans the Third »

I hope this project becomes official, I was thinking of translating the novel from english to italian.
Infiking
Astral Realm

Post by Infiking »

Great! I'll start immediately, but where do I register as an editor
magykalman
Project Translator

Post by magykalman »

@Evans the third: Yeah you're free to do so, but be wary that as translators, we ourselves are humans, (or alien), so there will be mistakes. If you can overlook that, you're free to do what you want. :)

@Infliking: erm... Create an account on BT, edit like one chapter, put your name on the editors' column. LOL
Hatsune Miku FTW! XD
Evans the Third
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Evans the Third »

magykalman@: Of course, don't worry about that, I'm not planning on harrassing people because of some translation mistakes.

Return to “Abandoned”