Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo?

It was good! Please do more!
98%
It was interesting.
1%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
1%

Total votes: 726

KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Post by KuroiHikari »

That's dependent on the respective translator of each chapter. I don't think rewriting is discouraged, but some TL-er play safe by not allowing it, because of poor rewrite edits that just omit excessive flow-ruining descriptive, or poor edits that change meaning.

Start gradually I guess, if the TL-er has an issue, he'll just revert the changes.
Monkeii12
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Monkeii12 »

Hey DoctorAmber. I don't mind you doing grammar fixes, but if you're going to start changing sentences around, please contact me on IRC. I'm usually on the Campione channel (Rizon network).
I'm actually JUNNYNAM
Jasou
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR

Post by Jasou »

Hey Junny, you don't mind when I change sentences, do you? I've never really asked before, but I hope that you probably have some confidence in me after all this time (That is when I actually get off my lazy ass and edit something) :)
pudding321
Haruhi Bunny Commando

Post by pudding321 »

As they say, "a married out daughter is like spilt water, never to return."

A translation hosted on baka tsuki is never going to be the way you want it to. :D
LoveLive! and Book Girl Extras: http://schoolidoldiary.wordpress.com/
Monkeii12
Literature Club Member

Post by Monkeii12 »

Jasou wrote:Hey Junny, you don't mind when I change sentences, do you? I've never really asked before, but I hope that you probably have some confidence in me after all this time (That is when I actually get off my lazy ass and edit something) :)
I always read the changes so even if you do something wrong, I'll just change that bit. To be honest, I'm not too fussed as long as it's nothing major. (EG- gender bending all the characters is a no-go)

Now get off your lazy ass and edit something. :D
I'm actually JUNNYNAM
Wiley 21
Astral Realm

Post by Wiley 21 »

Soooo glad to see the translation of this one continuing! Keep it up! I can't wait to read what happens next!
Crimsonbreaker13
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Crimsonbreaker13 »

is the pdf file for volume out yet?
Imag
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Imag »

Hey all, I'm new, I've been a reader of stuff here, and I'd like to help out. I've noticed that a couple of chapters for Sakurasou's been needing editing for a while (or at least that's what it says) so I thought I might register and do some work. Is it alright if I just go and start cleaning up the translation? Do I need to register anywhere? I did read the format guidelines for the editors, and I know that I'm not supposed to go rewriting things unless I know what I'm doing (essentially). Can I get an okay from someone?
MineRiko
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Hidan no Aria

Post by MineRiko »

Imag wrote:Hey all, I'm new, I've been a reader of stuff here, and I'd like to help out. I've noticed that a couple of chapters for Sakurasou's been needing editing for a while (or at least that's what it says) so I thought I might register and do some work. Is it alright if I just go and start cleaning up the translation? Do I need to register anywhere? I did read the format guidelines for the editors, and I know that I'm not supposed to go rewriting things unless I know what I'm doing (essentially). Can I get an okay from someone?
Just do it.

Unless you are translating/using poor English, you don't need to notify anyone. Ah, also, make sure the meaning is the same (it's something like a Synthesis and Transformation test).
Wiki Account: Nii-sama
Kanamechan Translations, Chinjufu Scanlations, Chinjufu Channel
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

Imag wrote:Hey all, I'm new, I've been a reader of stuff here, and I'd like to help out. I've noticed that a couple of chapters for Sakurasou's been needing editing for a while (or at least that's what it says) so I thought I might register and do some work. Is it alright if I just go and start cleaning up the translation? Do I need to register anywhere? I did read the format guidelines for the editors, and I know that I'm not supposed to go rewriting things unless I know what I'm doing (essentially). Can I get an okay from someone?
Just enter your name under the "Editors" list and you're good to go. Don't change the meanings of sentences though and contact the translator/supervisor before making any major edits. Make sure to read and follow the general editing guidelines, and if any, project-specific editing guidelines/terminology.
Monkeii12
Literature Club Member

Post by Monkeii12 »

Yes, it needs editing. Here's a short guide line.
1. Must be a registered member (so I can tell what's being done by who)
2. British English
3. Leave line formatting as they are. (No merging/splitting lines and forming paragraphs)
4. Retain the meaning in the lines.

And that's about it.
I'm actually JUNNYNAM
Imag
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Imag »

I'm not sure where else to go for something like this, but someways in Sakurasou V4C3P2, I think there's a line missing. Here's a copypaste of that section so people can ctrl+f it easier:
“Do you actually believe that?”

“I just put it out there to see if you get tricked by it.”

“Then why don’t you teach Shiina how to cook, senpai!?”

“”

“Physical contact is banned!”
Is there a way to get this line reinserted, and next time where should I go if I have a question like this again?
Monkeii12
Literature Club Member

Post by Monkeii12 »

Imag wrote:I'm not sure where else to go for something like this, but someways in Sakurasou V4C3P2, I think there's a line missing. Here's a copypaste of that section so people can ctrl+f it easier:
“Do you actually believe that?”

“I just put it out there to see if you get tricked by it.”

“Then why don’t you teach Shiina how to cook, senpai!?”

“”

“Physical contact is banned!”
Is there a way to get this line reinserted, and next time where should I go if I have a question like this again?

I can't believe I missed that or every other PRs missed that. I'm so shocked at myself. OTL
Those things go in the discussion section of the chapter.
I'm actually JUNNYNAM
Rekirio
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: PLEASE DON'T ASK QUESTIONS LIKE THIS. THIS IS VERY HARD TO ANSWER.

Re: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo: General

Post by Rekirio »

Is the translation for Sakurasou still on? Cause I'd like to apply as an editor for the LN series, i would really like to see Sakurasou end. Thanks
cramped
Project Translator

Re: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo: General

Post by cramped »

Rekirio wrote:Is the translation for Sakurasou still on? Cause I'd like to apply as an editor for the LN series, i would really like to see Sakurasou end. Thanks
Nope, Junny dropped it.
Patron God of NTRed

Return to “Abandoned”