No Game No Life

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading No Game No Life?

It was good! Please do more!
97%
It was interesting.
3%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 1177

ryuuseigami
Astral Realm

Re: No Game No Life

Post by ryuuseigami »

FateXeroSaber wrote:
Treyon wrote:Are there any pdf of the volumes?. So that we can save them. Since they will be removed after the first volume is published. Meaning, the translations will remain like now until next year.
Could just generate the pdfs yourself. on their page, on the bottom left of the screen under print/export, click download as pdf. At least that way, you'll still have them, even after they eventually get removed.
already try it, but for some reason I can't download V.4 :( "Progress: 1.00% Status: data fetched. waiting for render process.."
the Progress stop at 1%, (v1,2,3,5 Np :D , just V4 :( )
tntsgoboom
Astral Realm

Post by tntsgoboom »

Could just generate the pdfs yourself. on their page, on the bottom left of the screen under print/export, click download as pdf. At least that way, you'll still have them, even after they eventually get removed.[/quote]
already try it, but for some reason I can't download V.4 :( "Progress: 1.00% Status: data fetched. waiting for render process.."
the Progress stop at 1%, (v1,2,3,5 Np :D , just V4 :( )[/quote]

I am experiencing the same issue that you are. This is unfortunate =(
epsilon
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by epsilon »

Personally I think Yen Press is probably going to drop Accel world after volume 4 maybe 6 and when they do I might get a sudden case of pyromania. I think that NGNL has a good chance of getting to the end though as well as SAO so I don't feel indescribable rage at yen press picking those up because there not likely to drop them and wipe out all the work Fan Translators did and didn't bother to replace it.

I'm lukewarm on Log Horzion because its pretty popular over here so the novels should do ok, although the anime isn't that popular in Japan what was it like 2500 BR sales at lunch so beyond season 2 which they obviously had a deal to animate 50 episodes split up rather than waiting to see what the sales figures were. But the LN is still popular enough to continue as a LN so thats all that really matters and as I said it should do well over here well enough for Yen Press to make a profit anyways.

Also I don't think the fan translation was as good on NGNL and Log Horizon as SAO and Accel world I don't know maybe it was just the source materiel was less easy to understand in the first place. Not that I'm not glad that they translated both of them and didn't enjoy them but the thing is I think most of the translations of Accel world and SAO were near spot on so there was no real need for Yen Press to take them over where as with NGNL and Log Horizon I get the feeling that Yen Press could actually do some good.

There were differences in the speed of Fan translation between the because NGNL and Log Horizon were translated and edited SUPER FAST in comparison which I liked, but I felt Accel world and SAO had more touching up done which I liked but it took forever.

But both styles are good it meant I actually got to read some of the upcoming stuff before the anime for Log Horizon 2 comes out and who knows if NGNL is going to get a second season and the translation for Yen Press is going to take for ever so I think they did a perfect job balancing speed with quality.

What I'm saying is I'm not knocking the editors or traslators for any of the projects I thank them from the bottom of my heart and wish they could continue but its not the case :cry:
kazuya_kun
Astral Realm

Post by kazuya_kun »

unfortunately based on that what i heard, volume 6 wont be completed.... :( (view discussion site on baka-tsuki about NGNL). So yeah... great. I have at least expected that Vol.6 would be completed. Do you guys think that there is any chance that they gonna complete Vol.6? If they complete it i could possibly have the patience to wait until yen press is as far as the private translators... otherwise.. well yeah i hate uncompleted things....

greetings kaz

P.S. i poking love NGNL! :3
Kurai
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kurai »

Sigh, despite it should be a good thing that a localization company has been picking up the LNs ive been reading, the fact that i have to wait a few YEARS for it to catch up to where fan translators left off is very depressing. I dont even know if ill still care about NGNL after 2-3 years if i gotta wait that long to continue the story as much as i love the series, cause after long stretches of time I tend to give up and forget about things and move on to something else. This is compounded by the fact that light novels are...well, LIGHT. It only takes me 1-2 hours to read through a volume yet im gonna have to wait 3-6 months for each volume release for 5 volumes. If it was a 8+ hour experience like many of the normal sized volumes or video games you can find these days then 2-3 years wouldnt be so bad.

Seriously, by what ive seen the LN authors make new volumes faster then (edit) SOME of the translations of the LNs Yen Press is in charge of.
sdarkpaladin
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by sdarkpaladin »

Well, everything is a business and business is all about money. You can't expect much. The only hope now is underground translation that will sate our appetite while Yen Press work on their quality release. But seeing that not many people want to translate in the first place, and that it is licensed so you cannot host it in a centralized location anymore, i won't get my hopes up. Whoever has news of UG translations tho feel free to pm me. My lips are tightly sealed :lol:
Oblivion 0117
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Oblivion 0117 »

I just wish they would allow someone to finish volume six before abandoning it :(
Cryum
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cryum »

I finally caught up...and that was even better than expected.
If you got sick of the world, and made it better to gain some peace of mind, would you be selfish or selfless?
FateScarlet
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: No Game No Life, Shinyaku To Aru Majutsu no Index.

Post by FateScarlet »

Greetings everyone, I'm new at the forum as a member, though I did come to check news every then and now. :wink:

About the unfinished vol.6 of No Game No Life, I followed it up until now (thanks for the translations). But since it stopped halfway and I wanted to read the continuation, I went and got hold of the RAWs, read it at least twice, and kind of "for fun", I ended up translating the whole chapter 4 for a friend. Although I'm no japanese student (I'm self-taught), and it took me a while to translate a few stuffs (spent a good time looking around for the meanings and all - specially with the Ex-Machina's tendency of using english, german and dutch), I think it should be able to get at least a passing grade from the others translators.

I'm thinking of providing it to somewhere like pastebin or something for those who want to take a look (or read a little more) before yen press kicks in.

Also, if possible I would like to know about the person that's translating the part 3 and his situation...
I wouldn't mind doing the part 3 (or the rest of the volume) either. :)
"【Reading】Code 1673B743E1F255 Script E activate ----【Unload】----"
"All armaments...war potential, war tactics, war strategies, as a risk...Struggle for Life, commence!"
Treyon
Haruhiist Sensei
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Treyon »

FateScarlet wrote:Greetings everyone, I'm new at the forum as a member, though I did come to check news every then and now. :wink:

About the unfinished vol.6 of No Game No Life, I followed it up until now (thanks for the translations). But since it stopped halfway and I wanted to read the continuation, I went and got hold of the RAWs, read it at least twice, and kind of "for fun", I ended up translating the whole chapter 4 for a friend. Although I'm no japanese student (I'm self-taught), and it took me a while to translate a few stuffs (spent a good time looking around for the meanings and all - specially with the Ex-Machina's tendency of using english, german and dutch), I think it should be able to get at least a passing grade from the others translators.

I'm thinking of providing it to somewhere like pastebin or something for those who want to take a look (or read a little more) before yen press kicks in.

Also, if possible I would like to know about the person that's translating the part 3 and his situation...
I wouldn't mind doing the part 3 (or the rest of the volume) either. :)
THE MESSIA!! Joking aside, thanks a lot for that!! And as for chapter 3 nobody is doing it since nobody registred for it. Drinkingwater is the one that was translating volume 6, but due to national examinations he is unable to continue translating. So i think its safe to assume that nobody(except YOU) is doing the rest of volume 6. And if you want (pls want it) translate volume 7 once it cames out =O
FateScarlet
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: No Game No Life, Shinyaku To Aru Majutsu no Index.

Post by FateScarlet »

Treyon wrote:THE MESSIA!! Joking aside, thanks a lot for that!! And as for chapter 3 nobody is doing it since nobody registred for it. Drinkingwater is the one that was translating volume 6, but due to national examinations he is unable to continue translating. So i think its safe to assume that nobody(except YOU) is doing the rest of volume 6. And if you want (pls want it) translate volume 7 once it cames out =O
Understood. Then, I will do it this way for now:

I'll keep the part 4 with me and start working on the part 3 on my free time. It's just a guess, but maybe I'll get done with it in a week or so (I don't have editors and checkers, so I kind of do it myself, by re-reading the translation many times and correcting it if i feel the need). When I get it done I'll upload both of them to pastebin and put the links here (I tried registering on the wiki but it doesn't seems to be working properly, so I can't just link it directly to pastebin by myself).

After that, I'll go for the last chapters and upload them when I'm done. :)

As for the Vol 7, when it goes out, I plan on getting it and translating it too.

But that's only if it comes out before April 2015...

I'll stop the translation and remove it the moment the NGNL translations start getting removed from Baka-Tsuki. :wink:
"【Reading】Code 1673B743E1F255 Script E activate ----【Unload】----"
"All armaments...war potential, war tactics, war strategies, as a risk...Struggle for Life, commence!"
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

BT has already frozen the project.
Shuiko
Favourite Light Novel: Mahouka and High School DxD

Post by Shuiko »

You can no longer upload anything here as project has been licensed. If you want to host it you're going to have to host if somewhere else (most likely a blog as a fan TL or pastbin).

Don't get us wrong we LOVE LOVE LOVE this series. =(
kizrock94
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel: To Aru Majutsu no Index
Campione

Post by kizrock94 »

FateScarlet wrote:
Treyon wrote:THE MESSIA!! Joking aside, thanks a lot for that!! And as for chapter 3 nobody is doing it since nobody registred for it. Drinkingwater is the one that was translating volume 6, but due to national examinations he is unable to continue translating. So i think its safe to assume that nobody(except YOU) is doing the rest of volume 6. And if you want (pls want it) translate volume 7 once it cames out =O
Understood. Then, I will do it this way for now:

I'll keep the part 4 with me and start working on the part 3 on my free time. It's just a guess, but maybe I'll get done with it in a week or so (I don't have editors and checkers, so I kind of do it myself, by re-reading the translation many times and correcting it if i feel the need). When I get it done I'll upload both of them to pastebin and put the links here (I tried registering on the wiki but it doesn't seems to be working properly, so I can't just link it directly to pastebin by myself).

After that, I'll go for the last chapters and upload them when I'm done. :)

As for the Vol 7, when it goes out, I plan on getting it and translating it too.

But that's only if it comes out before April 2015...

I'll stop the translation and remove it the moment the NGNL translations start getting removed from Baka-Tsuki. :wink:
Oh please translate the rest of volume 6
but if you could, do all of volume 6 so it does not have inconsistency between different translations
And host it on your own site so you don't have to take it down once the licensed novel comes out

Please Obi Wan..... I mean FateScarlet, you're my only hope
Hello................Bye
octapusxft
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by octapusxft »

Snail Press did again didn't they?

Not only they translate novels at a pace that can be slower than that of the author writing them but they do not seem to release most of them in digital version. Every novel that they take up is as good as dead unless someone has either a huge space to fill with paper based books or is willing to buy the paper-book, scan and store the contents and then recycle the book when done...
I feel like writing a complaint to Yen press for their lack of digital novels for all the good it may do.

PS: Could anyone please explain me the reasoning behind stopping the fan translation of novels before the licensed guys even start to distribute volume 1?
Always wondering why do translators go AWOL?

Return to “Abandoned”