Gakusentoshi Asterisk

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this Novel (series) Translated?

Yes
100%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
0%
No (Please give a reason)
0%

Total votes: 1282

wretchedsin
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Gakusentoshi Asterisk: General

Post by wretchedsin »

denormative wrote:
Rohan123 wrote:That's how they have been written in the wiki so I don't think it's possible unless someone edits all such words before making the epub. On the other hand, I am not so sure so let's see what magician Denormative can do.
I can fix the {{Furigana}} tag in the wiki to use proper html compliant ruby tags rather then the <div> placement hack (IIRC) it currently uses to put them in the right place. It would require someone to remake the epubs though (unless they're Simon's in which case I think they just autoupdate?). And I don't know how well the fix will work with 3+ year old browsers; it would be wiki-site wide for anyone who uses the tags though, so not a bad solution.

The first thing to try would be wretchedsin just trying the PDFs I make. Probably about a third of them are built simply due to a certain forum-goer wanting to read those particular series' on their kindle and asking me to make them; so apparently they work well or something?
My kindle is the original one that was first released as such while it can hold pdf files on it the font is like size 8 so its really difficult to read and unlike with the newer kindles that will rotate the page if the device is turned on its side mine cant do this. I also dont know if I can change the font size of pdf on my kindle like I can with epub and mobi files.
Gulcasa766
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Gulcasa766 »

You might be able to convert PDF into a format for your Kindle that you can font edit. Otherwise you can't font change PDF files on a Kindle AFAIK. The conversion could alter formatting of paragraphs and the like though.
pupun
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by pupun »

Is chinese translated volume3 not available yet?
anonymous1444
Astral Realm

Post by anonymous1444 »

thanks you very much to translating this ln.

the story is good. mc-kun is cool. i liked that.

i am waiting for update. thanks you for your hardwork.
TheLaG
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by TheLaG »

Thanks for translating this LN :)

I found this one quite interesting, hope it will continue to be so!
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Thanks for the translation! ^^
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Mordant
Astral Realm

Post by Mordant »

Now just waiting for PDF :).
Hokoga
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Hokoga »

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Volume 3 PDF
[removed upon licensing]
SinsI
Astral Realm

Post by SinsI »

I know it is official romanization that was present in illustration and all, but can't we adopt the proper one - Priscilla - instead of the Engrish version of "Priscilal"?
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

SinsI wrote:I know it is official romanization that was present in illustration and all, but can't we adopt the proper one - Priscilla - instead of the Engrish version of "Priscilal"?
I'm pretty sure Priscilal is a 'typo'. Priscilal would need to be 'purishiraru' not 'purishira', which clearly ends on an 'a' sound, not a 'l' one.
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
Village Idiot
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Village Idiot »

Volume 03 PDF

[removed upon licensing]

Has proper text layout for all the terminology (or whatever you call that text-above-the-text)

Had to manually insert each and every one of them. If anyone know a way to properly copy/paste them intact without messing up, I'd really appreciate it :( .
reshin1983
Astral Realm

Post by reshin1983 »

i just read the vol 03, is it an unedited version?
the translation quality is so much worse compared to vol 01 and 02
Kurai
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kurai »

I cant help but feel this LN is gonna take one of the most obvious and overused plottwist for the missing sister ever. Basically once Ayato finally meets up with his sister its gonna turn out that he has to fight her for whatever reason the author comes up with. Its a trend i tend to see a lot in the stories i read. Where the MC or other important characters of the story had a person that was a very important part of their life (family, childhood friend, mentor, lover etc.) died(?) or went missing either very early on in the story or before the story even started. The important person will come back in some way or form as an antagonist.

When I mean some way or form, I mean it doesnt even actually have the be the person themselves.
For example in Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai
Spoiler! :
the main antagonist which killed the MCs family has a doll that looks like his dead sister
this also happens in Kaze no Stigma where
Spoiler! :
the antagonist created someone with the exact same looks as the MCs dead lover
Other examples it would include Restia from Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance and Silvia's brother from Seikoku no Ryuu Kishi.

Even with all this said, I seriously do hope the author doesnt make such an obvious and cliche plot twist.
Shuiko
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Mahouka and High School DxD

Post by Shuiko »

I doubt it will take that plot.

As for the translations, i think they are very solid. Terms and phrases are always hard to do word for word.

Anyway looking forward to volume 4! =D
Allecrastia
Astral Realm

Post by Allecrastia »

Thanks for translating vol 4 setsuna! hope you wont get bored translating this!

P.S. i can access the translation from the site perfectly fine, but my baka reader (from phone) cant access it, it said "Error : Unable to connect to baka-tsuki". Anyone else having the same problem? Other L.N is fine for me, only gakusen..

Return to “Abandoned”