Rokka no Yuusha

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Rokka no Yuusha?

It was good! Please do more!
89%
It was interesting.
11%
Not as good as I thought.
No votes
Boring. Not touching it again.
No votes

Total votes: 107

Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Rokka no Yuusha

Post by Darklor »

This is the feed back thread for Rokka no Yuusha.
Please tell us what you think of it.

(Warriors of the Six Flowers, Volume 1, Prologue/Part)
Teh_ping wrote:TotD 7th January 2013. This is one difficult series to translate, on par with Shana...
Spoiler! :
Legend had it,

That, when a demon awoke from the depths of darkness, when the world was turned to hell,

The god of fate would choose six warriors and grant them the power to save the world.

What this story would begin to describe would be the stories of these warriors who bore the mission to save the world.

In their story, there would be an important thing,

There had to be 6 warriors chosen to save the world.

Not 5, not 7. It had to be six people.

A boy continued to run within the forest covered with thick mist.

This was a young swordsman with flowing red long hair.

His hemp clothing had a layer of light leather armor over it, and his head had a metal forehead protector wrapped around. His right hand was holding a small but sturdy sharp sword.

The four straps of thick leather around his waists were particularly eye-catching, and each leather strap had several small bags on them.

“Haa…haa…haa…”

The boy was already covered in wounds, and his tattered hemp clothing revealed many wounds caused by sharp weapons below. The leather was burnt, the skin on his hands had burn marks imprinted on them, and the blood flowing out had already dyed his shoes. An ordinary person would have fallen unconscious if they were as severely injured as him.

The boy’s name was Aldelete Maia, 18 years old as of this point.

Aldelete, who kept running, turned behind to look. The fog and leaves had already blocked out the light, and the forest was covered in darkness. He could vaguely see a person amidst that dim and dark fog.

Aldelete was being hunted by someone. That person was only around 30m behind him. This is bad.” The moment he had this thought, a voice rang through the forest.

“Over there!?”

The girl yelled loudly with a high-pitched, gentle nestling’s voice.

“Damn it!”

The moment he heard that, there was a sharp knife thrown right at Aldelete’s feet. The silver blade that was about 3 meters long suddenly came flying through from ground where there was nothing. The tip of the blade was stabbed right at Aldelete’s heart.

Aldelete grabbed his sword with a reverse grip and swung out. The quartz on the sword’s hilt barely managed to block the tip of the blade, and the strong recoil caused Aldelete to fly back. The blade from before scattered as a pile of dust.

Aldelete rolled back, stabbed his sword hard into the ground, used the strength in his arms to support his falling body and leapt up. The next moment, 3 sharp blades attacked Aldelete rom the ground again. He managed to let his body graze the blades.

“Did I get him?”

The pursuing girl said. Aldelete landed on the ground and answered,

“…How naïve. You need to strike more stealthily if you want to finish me off.”

Aldelete said as he continued to run without stopping, and said when the fog got so thick that he lost sight of his pursuer,

“You need to work harder! How can the strongest guy in this world get caught just like this?”

“You’re really stubborn!”

The girl continued her pursuit. Aldelete held onto his right arms tightly as he continued to run. In fact, he did not managed to dodge the attack just now completely. His arms had cuts on them, and blood continued to flow. He was already at his limit trying to maintain a steady voice, hiding his injuries.

Aldelete ran as he looked at the back of his right hand. There was an inexplicable emblem carved on it, and at the center of this complicated flower pattern circle that was the size of a baby’s hand, there was a flower with 6 petals on it. The emblem was giving off a vague light red glow.

Aldelete stared at the emblem and muttered,

“How can I die here? How can a warrior of the six flowers die here!?”

The thing on Aldelete’s right hand was commonly called the emblem of the six flowers. It was the proof of a warrior chosen to bear the mission to save the world.

Legend had it that there was an abnormally horrifying demon asleep at the ends of the western mainland.

Its appearance was horrifying to talk about, and its power knew no ends. Its existence was said to destroy humans. Once this demon awoke from its slumber, it would command several thousand evil demons to invade the mainland and turn the entire earth into hell.

That demon never had a name, and everyone called it the demon lord.

Legend had it that when the demon lord was about to rise from its slumber, the god of fate would choose 6 warriors. The chosen 6 warriors would have a flower-like emblem on them, and those chosen 6 would be able to beat the demon lord.

Aldelete Maia was chosen as one of the Six and embarked on his journey to beat the demon lord. He should be meeting his companions, the warriors who were also chosen, bond with them and head to the place the demon lord was sleeping.

However,
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Pallacinku
Astral Realm

Re: Rokka no Yuusha (teaser included)

Post by Pallacinku »

This is really interesting! Also, the light novels seems to be really popular, according to the Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi rankings of 2013, it's placed third. So i have high hopes for this! : )
chancs
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Rokka no Yuusha

Post by chancs »

Thread moved to Brigades
Zefyris
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zefyris »

Surprisingly, no one is talking abut it over there. I thought it would get a bit of attention on that forum now that nanodesu has the translation of several volumes available.
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

Zefyris wrote:Surprisingly, no one is talking abut it over there. I thought it would get a bit of attention on that forum now that nanodesu has the translation of several volumes available.
Dunno about anyone else, but I barely have enough time in my life recently to read the books available on B-T, let alone to try to follow books on blogs scattered around the net at one series per blog. So if I notice there's links off to other sites I basically put them on my "maybe I'll get around to it" list and so far haven't gotten around to most.

Plus most of these blog sites have comments anyway so if people are wanting to chat about chapters/volumes they can right on the page rather then here.
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
Zefyris
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zefyris »

Then again if someone who "barely have enough time in his life recently to read books" still took the time to post on a thread of a LN he hasn't read, I would guess than people who got the time to read this LN also have the time to post here xD

Although you're right about nanodesu having comments right below the translations, I don't deny that fact :p
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Zefyris wrote:Then again if someone who "barely have enough time in his life recently to read books" still took the time to post on a thread of a LN he hasn't read, I would guess than people who got the time to read this LN also have the time to post here xD

Although you're right about nanodesu having comments right below the translations, I don't deny that fact :p
Zefyris, it's a really depressing fact that stuff like these don't get enough attention because they don't have moe girls on the cover.
Anyway, the forums are hardly used these days due to the previous login issues and stuff. You would have better luck at the AS forums :lol:
As for me, I couldn't find the momentum to read v5 due to the long hiatus so I don't want to go to the forum to get spoiled accidentally. But I'll probably read it before the anime starts. :D
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

Larethian summed up the important reason(s) this forum is dead in general. I'm also reading and enjoying this, and it's one of the few I'm reading as volumes it's translated. However, this is also one series I try not to open forums on in general, as it seems like one ill concealed spoiler could ruin the yet to be translated volumes for me.
Zefyris
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zefyris »

Volume 5 is probably the most cruel volume so far, you should definitely take the time to read it. But yeah, that would be a shame to be spoiled before reading it. Really looking forward to the 6th volume that will probably close this arc started with volume 4.

I'm already on the AS forum btw, but there isn't much talk either on this one I'm afraid x). Most LN threads very active on AS are either ecchi works and/or chuu2 battles work I'm afraid.
Yeah, the login problems stopped me from coming for like 6 months so I understand that >_<

Return to “Abandoned”