Strike the Blood

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Strike the Blood?

It was good! Please do more!
99%
It was interesting.
1%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 543

YesWeCant
Astral Realm

Re: Strike The Blood

Post by YesWeCant »

Well, the anime sure is fun to watch and the LN is promising as well :)
Spoiler! :
But guys, SERIOUSLY:
I understand that you don't want to use captchas to put a halt on spamming, but at least make the answers answerable -.-

And just to say:
I am no expert when it comes to bots, but (in case I understood it well) Captchas are basically pictures made to be unreadable by a computer program and thus prevent automatic spam

But honestly- if you put effort into it, you could EASILY spam automatically here.
How?
Just have a few buddies and yourself go to "post reply" as often as possible and get write down the answers for each question (they will eventually get through most questions).
Then do some computer-magic and the spambot will just read out the question and select the correct answer from the list the guys made. If the question is not on the list, it will repeat the process of "post reply" and get another question till it has one with the correct answer-.-

My recommendation to make it not THAT simple for spambots and more simple for "regular" posters:
1) Make the questions easier (honestly, how the hell are most people who drop by here supposed to know in what year this forum had the most users?)
2) Make the question an image (like the captchas) and prevent spambots from reading this page.

You think somebody who makes spambots won't take that effort?
Forget it, common sense NEVER works when it comes to spammers, cheaters/hackers/botters (in gaming), hackers and ESPECIALLY trolls. It is a freaking waste of time, no matter what you try and how hard you punish them, they will NEVER disappear from the internet no matter what people, governments or companies ever attempt to do to prevent them from doing whatever they do to ruin your day
[Misogi: I hesitated to disapprove the message due to the OT content. Anyway, it's true that the captcha has a hellish difficulty. I'll send a word about it.]
Last edited by Misogi on Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off-topic content in spoiler.
Ham
Astral Realm

Post by Ham »

Well, the anime made me look this up. It seems interesting.. I wish I could help with translation. :/ Hopefully people who can translate will be enticed by the anime.
kami-chan-sama
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by kami-chan-sama »

I've been looking forward to the anime ever since I've read the manga. And it sure didn't disappoint.
Now you tell me that there was a LN version? Would love to see this picked up but with the crazy amount of other translation projects already, it might not yet be possible...
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

kami-chan-sama wrote:I've been looking forward to the anime ever since I've read the manga. And it sure didn't disappoint.
Now you tell me that there was a LN version? Would love to see this picked up but with the crazy amount of other translation projects already, it might not yet be possible...
It all depends on whether a translator happens to come past this project and get interested in it, or not. So just have hope.
YesWeCant wrote: 1) Make the questions easier (honestly, how the hell are most people who drop by here supposed to know in what year this forum had the most users?)
On the bottom of the forum index page, it says "Most users ever online was 233 on Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:34 pm"
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

It's sad that old school Light Novel SF/Fantasy writers like Mikumo and Sanda's works are underrated. It's true that they are certainly not at the overwhelming mindblowing level but they are definitely interesting and deserve more attention. Maybe their style and stories are missing a certain charm point to the mainstream audience?
Ham
Astral Realm

Post by Ham »

kami-chan-sama wrote:Would love to see this picked up but with the crazy amount of other translation projects already, it might not yet be possible...
For some reason I find that rather depressing.
jomkingal
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel: Haruhi Suzumiya (Series)*(Dropped), Sword Art Online*(Dropped), Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, Highschool DxD, Hyouka, Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, Date A Live, Campione, etc.

Post by jomkingal »

I hope Strike the Blood gets translated. I got hooked up in the anime. haha! <3 Natsuki-chan :)
Currently Reading Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, High School DxD, Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha.
Currently playing Majikoi! (series) *(at Chris Route), Dota 2.
Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata(Hope to see this Light Novel here at Baka-Tsuki, <3 Kasumigaoka Utaha-senpai~)

I love Kawakami Momoyo~ <3
Kouen no Ten
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kouen no Ten »

I really might just go for it. Though I'll be needing little help for terminology.

Hmmm.......

悩ましいな、~然し然し~これは私の分相応の範囲ならば。。

Very well, I am up for the task, but I will not translate every single volume.

Edit: Done with Volume 7 prologue.

I am looking for editors! 誰かいませんか?

Some one up for the task?
Ham
Astral Realm

Post by Ham »

Barring any rule against new members editing, I could help edit; however, I'm reluctant to dive into volume 7. I want to read the series, and thus would like to avoid spoilers that might come about from editing the series out of order.
Any particular reason you started with volume 7?
Ampplaca
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Ampplaca »

he might have started on volume 7 since the anime will end with 6 at the rate it is going. that is only a guess so don't take my word for it.
Kouen no Ten
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kouen no Ten »

Anime is gonna cover up to volume 6, since its doing an "ok" job with the material, I just jumped to the 7th Volume. Though I will not be working on Strike for while, I have to warp up Silver Cross and Draculea before the anime (of Strike) ends.
Ham
Astral Realm

Post by Ham »

Well, the thought of starting translation where the anime ends went right over my head. I don't know why that happened, when it makes so much sense.
Take your time with your other project, no need to rush :P. Plenty of time before the anime ends, so plenty of time to accomplish your goals.
Hopefully someone will want to translate the volumes that the anime covers.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Though if the last five pages of the first chapter could be completed the project could apply for approval for full project... ;)
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Kouen no Ten
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kouen no Ten »

KuroiHikari-パス一。

Or rather, shouldn't this be in stalled projects, instead of future projects?
Wolfpup
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Wolfpup »

Kouen no Ten wrote:I really might just go for it. Though I'll be needing little help for terminology.

Hmmm.......

悩ましいな、~然し然し~これは私の分相応の範囲ならば。。

Very well, I am up for the task, but I will not translate every single volume.

Edit: Done with Volume 7 prologue.

I am looking for editors! 誰かいませんか?

Some one up for the task?
I'm up for the task of being an editor for this project.
Always on the hunt for good Anime and their associated Light Novels, Manga. :)

Return to “Abandoned”