Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you like "Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou"?

It was good! Please do more!
97%
It was interesting.
2%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 1105

denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou

Post by denormative »

DarknessMetal08 wrote:I remember seeing a post in another section about a new volume for Ichiban but haven't seen anything sense just wondering if a new volume will be coming out sense I don't seen anything on the main page of Ichiban.
End of last month: http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4798607991
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

royaloyalz wrote:
denormative wrote: From memory the manga is quite different at points. Actually, all three versions diverge a bit from each other.
Which, in your opinion, is the better one?

I typically prefer the LN versions, since they contain a lot more information in them that you cannot get from anime or manga.
Anime is good simply due to punchy story and fanservice. It deviates from the LN a little, but it ties a nice little bow on the first story arc.

I haven't read the manga in a while, but it initially seemed to follow the novels, and then seemed to wander off into cloud-cockoo-land around v4 with a school sanctioned 'pantie-stealing' contest and my eyes rolled out of my head and I haven't really followed it since, but then I haven't really been reading much manga lately. :? (Yes, the anime had continual top-removals of the heroines, but that fanservice didn't really disrupt the storyline like this contest has. :P )

The LN is good because it explains all the philosophy that the anime mostly ignores, probably because it's a bit too deep and thinkie and would distract from the action. :P (Plus honestly it's not all that easy to animate this sort of thing, especially 'mental' arguments the protagonists may be having with themselves.) IMO, the world building and philosophy for me pushes it more into the 'sci-fi'/speculative fiction bracket, rather then fantasy; like Mahouka.

As you can tell I like the anime and the LNs, but the manga not so much (it did have a couple of nice interpretations of some of the LN's scenes though). As far as comparisons go, if you like something with solid world-building that tries to build underlying rules for the supernatural that happens, like Mahouka and Campione! (I think those are the only two translated here that are really similar), you'll probably like the LN. If you like High School DxD or Hagure Yuusha level fan-service and action, you'll likely like the anime. They're really thematically way too different to say one is better then the other honestly.
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
Ehsan
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Ehsan »

Well i just wanna know will there be any 2nd season for Ichiban Ushiro no Daimou :?:
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.

One who wants to learn can learn something from everything.
Kemm
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kemm »

Ehsan wrote:Well i just wanna know will there be any 2nd season for Ichiban Ushiro no Daimou :?:
With the time it has passed since Season 1, I sincerely doubt it.
OMGYourMom
Astral Realm

Post by OMGYourMom »

Thanks for the translations, much appreciated.

Anyways, so that's how it ends huh.
ff7_freak
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ff7_freak »

The story seemed to end with a whimper, rather than a bang. Seemed a very strange way to end a series, with lots of questions left unresolved
TurboGoober
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by TurboGoober »

Haven't posted in so long and they disabled anonymous posting...well, it's worth the time to register so I can say thanks. The ending was pretty complex (and a little strange), but I still love the series. Much appreciated, js06.
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by 205780 »

so ... I guess that this can be moved to the completed section?
Devenk83
Mikuru Bunny
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Devenk83 »

205780 wrote:so ... I guess that this can be moved to the completed section?
Done.

For the wiki, only an administrator can do it.
Ancien traducteur amateur EN/FR / Ex-Amateur EN/FR Translator
earlbelaphor93
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by earlbelaphor93 »

Just finished reading vol.13, Even thought the ending was quite confusing but still Thank you for sticking with the series till the end Js06. Since that's the only I can do to show my appreciation to your work I'll type in a couple more thank you and and pray for a good health. And so for the last time THANK YOU Js06 for sharing you're work with us.
PDF_Reader622
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: My Maid is a Formless Entity

Post by PDF_Reader622 »

Is there a PDF of Volume 13?
Exome
Astral Realm

Post by Exome »

Spoiler! :
Did Hiroshi end up replacing Keena and restarting the entire story or something?
I could not quite grasp the ending.
MasterGeo0X
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by MasterGeo0X »

Thanks for translate this LN.. the ending was a little confusing but a good read anyway.
MovingMan
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by MovingMan »

Thanks for the translations! Just picked up the series recently but I'm already sad at the thought of it ending at volume 13. Is it true that the author has since stopped writing, or is his newer work still being continued?
Oblivion 0117
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Oblivion 0117 »

So I finally got around to reading this and enjoyed the majority of it... but I really wish I could unsee the majority of volume 13 :cry: It was not fun reading the things that were done to Akuto's harem when he started creating new stories :cry: On top of that I feel like it kinda went against the flow of all the other volumes and thus was kinda awkward... Well other than that it was a very enjoyable read so thanks for the translation Js06!

Return to “Abandoned”