Log Horizon

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find Log Horizon?

It was good! Please do more!
98%
It was interesting.
2%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 843

Drowzycow
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Log Horizon (ログ・ホライズン):General

Post by Drowzycow »

Updated (?) v5c4 with the finished TLC'd google document (Accordding to Queen Beatrice). Loads of formatting to redo now tho..

EDIT:Submitted mass formatting changes. So the differences are now just..
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... did=320110

V6 C1 added, skythewood TLC'd against chinese paperback version.
memetichazard
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by memetichazard »

So the translation of [link removed upon licensing] is done. Looks like it ends on a cliffhanger.

Thanks to Sphaela and especially Denver Drage for TLC.

The document was not formatted for ease of reading, but to 'show your work'. If I've learnt a significant amount of Japanese a few months down the line, I might come back and give it a second pass. I did separate out the final edit into paragraph blocks. There's likely to still be mistakes in it - I caught a few while doing some checks for the final edit.

If you spot any errors, leave a comment and I'll fix it.

Otherwise, do whatever you want with it.
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

I actually did a little of Vol6 a while ago.
For comparison:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=5608&start=75#p218118
Drowzycow
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Drowzycow »

memetichazard wrote:So the translation of [link removed upon licensing] is done. Looks like it ends on a cliffhanger.

Thanks to Sphaela and especially Denver Drage for TLC.

The document was not formatted for ease of reading, but to 'show your work'. If I've learnt a significant amount of Japanese a few months down the line, I might come back and give it a second pass. I did separate out the final edit into paragraph blocks. There's likely to still be mistakes in it - I caught a few while doing some checks for the final edit.

If you spot any errors, leave a comment and I'll fix it.

Otherwise, do whatever you want with it.
At a glance, I can see it's a story about Kanami, the "former leader" of the Debuchary Tea Party; but is it from an official paper novel or web-novel exclusive?

By "Otherwise, do whatever you want with it", do you want it uploaded on this wiki? If I ever plan on reading it, I would strip the "working" as you call it, for read-ability and would help post it up for others if you are okay with that; but before that would need other details like is it sourced from a paper novel/web-content so it can be placed correctly in the wiki.
memetichazard
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by memetichazard »

You can upload it. It's web content; the source is the author's official page. It's the first out of 9 parts currently available. Basically, side material. Based on the author's AMA, it doesn't look like there's any interest in publishing a book version at the moment.
Drowzycow
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Drowzycow »

memetichazard wrote:You can upload it. It's web content; the source is the author's official page. It's the first out of 9 parts currently available. Basically, side material. Based on the author's AMA, it doesn't look like there's any interest in publishing a book version at the moment.
Uploaded. Didn't really change anything, just the occasional tense change. Played a little with the paragraphs/spacing maybe better or worse dunno.

Your right about that cliffhanger, it is a killer :twisted: Any idea when the story was last updated, or will it likely be updated by the author?
memetichazard
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by memetichazard »

If you look down the bar on the left hand side of the page, you should see #2 through #9. It looks like #2 continues immediately afterwards (the translated portion is just #1). As for when more parts will/may be released, it looks like the #9 was published on April of 2013, according to wayback; part 1 was published in April of 2012.
shido
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by shido »

rkl wrote:Since there wasn't any topic for sharing PDF or ePub of this novel I thought I'd share mine here.

Code: Select all

[link removed upon licensing]  --> Log Horizon Vol 5 - Sunday in the District of Akiba.epub
[link removed upon licensing]  --> Log Horizon Vol 5 - Sunday in the District of Akiba.pdf
this is my first time creating ePub using Pages on Mac , so every advice and response on the quality and how to make it better is highly appreciated :)

First off that I've noticed that it lacks a cover page that will be displayed in some digital bookcases. Not sure what you need to do in Pages to add this, but Epub is basically a zipped up HTML files. If you unzip them and find the file content.opf you can add this line in there to add the cover image manually.
<meta name="cover" content="yourCover.jpg" />
Where yourCover.jpg be the filename of the image. This tag should be placed between metadata tags which you can find at the very top of this file.

Secondly, you want to remove any color font elements manually in your CSS. Pages might have added these on there by default, but you should allow the e-reader app to decide what that should be. You may say, “But I haven’t added in any colored font?” Pages adds in black font as the attributes. Someone like me who likes night time mode the font being white and the background is black. With this CSS rule it forces the E-reader to go black font as well. So going into the CSS file and to where fonts are at remove the color elements in there.
If possible, try to get a page break before and after the images only the image is shown.
Village Idiot
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Log Horizon

Post by Village Idiot »

Just got off my lazy butt and made PDFs of vol 1 and 5.

Here's all the volumes in PDF:

Volume 1
[link removed upon licensing]

Volume 2

Volume 3

Volume 4

Volume 5
nakie08
Astral Realm

Post by nakie08 »

Hello! I was wondering if maybe you guys would like some help on some of the colored spreads, like removing the folds etc. or anything regarding images really. I thought maybe it'd look better on the PDFs. Something like this:
Spoiler! :
had to reduce the size coz it won't fit xp here's a larger one
I just wanted to help because I've been leaching off you guys for so long now LOL ^^ Unfortunately I can't do anything translation-wise but I can clean/redraw so if you need help on any of your projects I thought maybe I can help.

Either way I'd like to thank you guys for all the LN's you've translated! Specially loving this one right now! ^^
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

I think that's pretty neat, nakie08! Good job!
Translator at guhehe.TRANSLATIONS

"Life's a tale, told by an idiot." -Shakespeare
Ansem2
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Ansem2 »

Hi at all. i want to ask two question:
1) is this series finished yet?
2) can you make an ebook in epub/mobi format? it will be fantastic if i can read it on my ebook reader :)
abbad0n
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by abbad0n »

Ansem2 wrote:Hi at all. i want to ask two question:
1) is this series finished yet?
2) can you make an ebook in epub/mobi format? it will be fantastic if i can read it on my ebook reader :)
According to the author there will be a total of 15 novels (http://lh.oksub.me/wiki/Mamare_Touno_Q%26A_2013-12-07), so no, it isn't finished yet.

If you aren't satisfied with Village Idiots PDFs from several posts above, you can always convert them yourself. Or search this thread for others who have.
abbad0n
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by abbad0n »

How old is Raynesia?

In Volume 3 Chapter 1 Part 5 she is introduced by her grandfather as "turning 15 this year" which implies she is 14 at that moment.

However in Volume 3 Chapter 3 Part 3 Raynesia herself says when Appletta and Febuelle are talking to Krusty:
Raynesia was doted on by her grandfather, so she made her debut at a later age. But these two girls were different, she remembered they were only 15-16 years old.
Wouldn't this imply that Raynesia could be 17-18 (or 19?) years of age?
Village Idiot
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Village Idiot »

Here you go people:

Volume 06 PDF

Yes, this volume is indeed 64mb.

Return to “Abandoned”