Log Horizon

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find Log Horizon?

It was good! Please do more!
98%
It was interesting.
2%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 843

Edricano
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Log Horizon

Post by Edricano »

Thanks for the translation.
The battles are so intense. :)
shido
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by shido »

An anonymous person posted this on the wiki, so I'd figured it's best to go here instead.

Enterbrain! and Amazon JP have Volume 8 listed now, although the cover hasn't been revealed. Release date: September 29, 2014; title: ログ・ホライズン 8 雲雀(ひばり)たちの羽ばたき; Special Edition(?) will come out with a drama CD that features a duel between Isaac and William (bets are on that Souji's going intervene, like the first time), Krusty and Rayneshia, Serara's and Akatsuki's fantasies, and Kanami and her party from the Dragonhowl Mountain side-story.

http://www.enterbrain.co.jp/product/moo ... 93801.html
shido
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by shido »

Just to let everyone know that the official Log Horizon's Volume 7 is translation is underway. We're up to chapter 2.
LiTTleDRAgo
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by LiTTleDRAgo »

http://publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic ... again.html
Among the light novels Yen On will publish in 2015 are Log Horizon by Mamare Touno (March 2015), illustrated by Kazuhiro Hara, in which 30,000 Japanese gamers are stuck in an online sword and sorcery realm fighting monsters; No Game No Life by Yuu Kamiya (April 2015), in which siblings Sora and Shiro, losers in the real life but unbeatable superstars in online gaming, are whisked away to a world where wars are decided by the outcome of games; and The Devil Is a Part-Timer! by Satoshi Wagahara (April 2015), illustrated by 029 (Oniku), in which the demon lord Satan is forced to retreat to a land—Tokyo!—where his powers are nullified and he’s forced to get a day job at a fast-food joint.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

According to the Abandonment Policy, here are the conditions for completing unfinished volumes:
- Registration before the license announcement, which is the case for skythewood.
- No further activity 5 months before the release. We're around 6 months.
- More than half the volume should be completed. Volume 7 is way above that level.

Therefore, finishing volume 7 is allowed, but the allowed time is quite short. A higher-up should confirm this, if possible.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
japzone
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by japzone »

Dang it. I hate Yen Press now. I'm all for Light Novels getting licensed and sold proper, but Yen Press is just licensing everything under the sun. Not only that, but with the LN already being several novels in it'll take years before Yen Press catches up at their one release every 6~ months pace. SAO is up to volume 14 or something and YP only just released volume 2. I hope someone keeps translating Log Horizon somewhere, even if Baka-tsuki won't host it. I'll buy the Books when they're released but there's no way I can accept having to wait years before reading volume 8. :cry:
Adrian Magicent
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Adrian Magicent »

I have mixed feelings. The speed of some novels is about 3-4 per year, but lately, they seem to be slowing down the speed. Are they licensing and translating too many novels at once, now, perhaps?

This is a good choice for official release, though. And, there aren't too many novels out at the time of licensing.

For this type of novel, though, I wish BT would keep translations of the web chapters until the release of that particular novel. The difference between the original web chapters and the novelizations being what it is, at least we could keep up to date in some way.
Dubito, ergo sim.
japzone
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by japzone »

Adrian Magicent wrote:For this type of novel, though, I wish BT would keep translations of the web chapters until the release of that particular novel. The difference between the original web chapters and the novelizations being what it is, at least we could keep up to date in some way.
^This please. At the very least I hope skythewood keeps posting translations to his Pastebin/Twitter.
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

I hope he doesn't. Because I hate people wanting to leech that stuff for free, hence ruin profits for the publishing company, and hence punishing LN culture spread in the west in the face. Be patient, buy the official books, stop being the cancer ruining my beloved books in the west. -.-
Translator at guhehe.TRANSLATIONS

"Life's a tale, told by an idiot." -Shakespeare
TUSF
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by TUSF »

japzone wrote:one release every 6~ months pace.
For SAO they have one release every 4 months, with 3 releases a year, which is faster than the current 2 a year for SAO (it use to be 3 a year, before Progressive)
Log Horizon will probably get the same treatment, just like Accel World (I haven't checked the pacing of YP's other licenses, though, so don't quote me on this. Someone want to confirm the pace of some of their other current licenses?)
My Username on the wiki is Rage!
shido
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by shido »

Skythewood won't be doing Log Horizon volume 8 or its web chapters. From my understanding, it sounds like he's going to be moving on from the series. However, LH's author Mamare Touno's style is sort of different. He post his chapters one at a time on his blog, and once they are completed he has them published. He should be starting on volume 9 web chapters on his blog if I'm not mistaken, but I haven't check recently.
swiftelf
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Too many.

Post by swiftelf »

Well prior to removal can someone make a PDF of volume 7.
I call upon the wind, let it's raging fury destroy my foes!

Editor, daily columnist, book and video game reviewer at Game Industry News, founder of Windborne's Story Eatery at windbornesword.wordpress.com
Crimsonbreaker13
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Crimsonbreaker13 »

i agree to that since volume 7 already finished the translation
martinicc
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by martinicc »

Looks like they Licensed Log Horizon: People of the West Wind. The main series has not been licensed so it can still be fan translated. Source:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-b ... ses/.78544
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

martinicc wrote:Looks like they Licensed Log Horizon: People of the West Wind. The main series has not been licensed so it can still be fan translated. Source:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-b ... ses/.78544
Those are manga licenses that were clarified.
The company is releasing the original light novels in April and March 2015.

Return to “Abandoned”