Log Horizon

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find Log Horizon?

It was good! Please do more!
98%
It was interesting.
2%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 843

Wraiyf
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Log Horizon

Post by Wraiyf »

noticed how there were a few large PDFs, so here are some new ones, largest is 9.5mb (says 10mb on MF but it isn't)

[links removed upon licensing]

Enjoy, and a big thanks to the translators here on their amazing effort.
Village Idiot
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Village Idiot »

Wraiyf wrote:noticed how there were a few large PDFs, so here are some new ones, largest is 9.5mb (says 10mb on MF but it isn't)

Nice job on these. Because a lot of the pictures had text, I was trying to figure out how to compress the images without reducing the quality when you zoom in but it would always look horrible so I decided to leave them as is.
Wraiyf
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Wraiyf »

Village Idiot wrote:
Wraiyf wrote:noticed how there were a few large PDFs, so here are some new ones, largest is 9.5mb (says 10mb on MF but it isn't)

Nice job on these. Because a lot of the pictures had text, I was trying to figure out how to compress the images without reducing the quality when you zoom in but it would always look horrible so I decided to leave them as is.
Thanks, I've been making PDF's for a while now, and I learnt how to compress images without messing up, as well as using photoshop to change image sizes to match so that it doesn't zoom in or out all the time.

Also, I'm probably going to remake the Campione! ones, the ones I keep finding are usually crappy quality, or not done right, with font changes throughout it. I also remade the Date A Live ones, although some people beat me to it, I did make them much smaller and clearer.
imagelesskink
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Mushoku Tensei

Post by imagelesskink »

Hey guys, I have the 7th volume and I think I'm going to try to translate it as much as I can with my limited knowledge of Japanese. I'm not confident enough to register for a whole chapter (chapter 1 is 72 pages long, which may take me up to a year or more) and will probably progress very slowly, so I'm just going to post here as I go. Also, I don't have a scanner and am not willing to mutilate my book anyway, so you're going to have to settle for pictures taken from a camera. For starters, I'll post the illustrations at the beginning of the book, and post the rest when/if I get to them.
Spoiler! :
Cover

Illustration

Monster Profile
Last edited by imagelesskink on Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
imagelesskink
Kyonist

Post by imagelesskink »

Here are some more pictures.
Spoiler! :
Monster Profile

Monster Profile

Page 1
Last edited by imagelesskink on Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
imagelesskink
Kyonist

Post by imagelesskink »

Here are the rest.
Spoiler! :
Contents

Characters

Chapter 1
Yeah, I know they're horrible, but it's the best I can do. Anyway, I'll try to work as fast as I can but progress will be slow because of real life and my limited knowledge of Japanese (my kanji knowledge is nearly zero). If stuff comes up and I can't continue I'll try to post here to let you know.
Last edited by imagelesskink on Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Please post your images as thumbnails, like in your 3rd post.

I had to add spoilers in order to avoid a slowdown while navigating on this thread.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

abbad0n wrote:How old is Raynesia?

In Volume 3 Chapter 1 Part 5 she is introduced by her grandfather as "turning 15 this year" which implies she is 14 at that moment.

However in Volume 3 Chapter 3 Part 3 Raynesia herself says when Appletta and Febuelle are talking to Krusty:
Raynesia was doted on by her grandfather, so she made her debut at a later age. But these two girls were different, she remembered they were only 15-16 years old.
Wouldn't this imply that Raynesia could be 17-18 (or 19?) years of age?
Good point! - So the question is made the translator a little error or is it a logic error of the writer...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
imagelesskink
Kyonist

Post by imagelesskink »

2 weeks and barely more than half a page... this is going a lot slower than I thought it would. There's this one sentence that has me stuck, does anyone know what it means?
ただ命じられてあるだけの無機質で他人行儀な気配を漂わせている。
I've looked up all the words and it just got more confusing. Any help is appreciated!
seitsuki
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by seitsuki »

Context is always amazingly useful.
krikis
Astral Realm

Post by krikis »

Anyone knows how much novels anime covered?
Gohankuten
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Gohankuten »

krikis wrote:Anyone knows how much novels anime covered?
It covered volumes 1-5.
aquebus
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by aquebus »

I don't know if it's better, but I made my own PDF's, using baka tsuki's translation. I just wanted to make contents to easily navigate it.
Largest file is about 20MB

Rockmosis
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Rockmosis »

Got an editing question. In Volume 1 Chapter 5, there is the line:
The 4 wounds on Demikas' arms were Viper Strach, lowering his accuracy for dozens of seconds by slashing his arms.
I was wondering if the term Viper Strach is right or if it should be something like Viper Scratch. A quick google of strach turns up fear in Polish and Czech, but that's probably not the intended term. Can I get a TLC on the word?
Rasen1
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Rasen1 »

abbad0n wrote:How old is Raynesia?

In Volume 3 Chapter 1 Part 5 she is introduced by her grandfather as "turning 15 this year" which implies she is 14 at that moment.

However in Volume 3 Chapter 3 Part 3 Raynesia herself says when Appletta and Febuelle are talking to Krusty:
Raynesia was doted on by her grandfather, so she made her debut at a later age. But these two girls were different, she remembered they were only 15-16 years old.
Wouldn't this imply that Raynesia could be 17-18 (or 19?) years of age?
I checked the Japanese raws, and the ages are correct....however you want to take it. Maybe the author got confused, or maybe Duke Corwen's been lying about her age (at least to the Adventurers) so that they don't wonder why she debuted at a later age?

Return to “Abandoned”