Log Horizon

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find Log Horizon?

It was good! Please do more!
98%
It was interesting.
2%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 843

Rasen1
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Log Horizon

Post by Rasen1 »

Rockmosis wrote:Got an editing question. In Volume 1 Chapter 5, there is the line:
The 4 wounds on Demikas' arms were Viper Strach, lowering his accuracy for dozens of seconds by slashing his arms.
I was wondering if the term Viper Strach is right or if it should be something like Viper Scratch. A quick google of strach turns up fear in Polish and Czech, but that's probably not the intended term. Can I get a TLC on the word?
As the person who most likely changed what Skythewood translated it to (from Chinese) to the Japanese reading, the move was entirely written in katakana. The characters were "Ba-I-Paa Su-to-ra-sshu"

I came up with Strach, because I probably came across the word in one RPG or another, and because I couldn't think of an English word that sounded similar.
shido
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by shido »

Rockmosis wrote:Got an editing question. In Volume 1 Chapter 5, there is the line:
The 4 wounds on Demikas' arms were Viper Strach, lowering his accuracy for dozens of seconds by slashing his arms.
I was wondering if the term Viper Strach is right or if it should be something like Viper Scratch. A quick google of strach turns up fear in Polish and Czech, but that's probably not the intended term. Can I get a TLC on the word?

edit: nvm I didn't ask him yet.
Last edited by shido on Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shido
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by shido »

As the person who most likely changed what Skythewood translated it to (from Chinese) to the Japanese reading, the move was entirely written in katakana. The characters were "Ba-I-Paa Su-to-ra-sshu"

I came up with Strach, because I probably came across the word in one RPG or another, and because I couldn't think of an English word that sounded similar.

Sure it doesn't say スラッシュ as in slash?
Rasen1
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Rasen1 »

shido wrote:

Sure it doesn't say スラッシュ as in slash?
To my regret, 100% sure.
kuroneko
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by kuroneko »

Hello everyone!

Can someone translate each volume description? It would be nice to include a description on the epub version.

Source: Log Horizon @ Goodreads

EDIT: I formatted the Volume 1's classes appendix in full tables but it seems tabular is a bit tricky in epub format because it doesn't display well both in Adobe Digital Editions and in my smartphone and tablet.

I printscreen the table and converted it to JPEG. It would be a shame to delete it and someone might have a use for it.

Source: Image
Visit my site for the highest-quality ePubs. Each are meticulously crafted by hand, not automated, not converted.

Polyaness.com
Sashiko
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sashiko »

To imagelesskink

A while ago You posted ただ命じられてあるだけの無機質で他人行儀な気配を漂わせている。

Literally something like
ただ Just命じられてあるcommandedだけのonly 無機質でrobotic他人stranger行儀なpoliteness気配sign(vibe)を漂わせているemitting.

As it happens I just noticed your post the first time I came to the board today and had also considered translating that chapter and had gotten as far as that paragraph:
Spoiler! :
Extravagant furniture was emplaced throughout the room. The sofa was dressed in brocade fabric. The walls were coated in silk damask, the bed had a canopy, the table was a marble one. However, no matter which piece of furniture, there was no sign of loving daily use. They radiated indifferent ordered politeness to a stranger.
As you can see I was going for a smoother less literal translation but, hopefully this is useful. I hope you don't get too frustrated, I know I have often wanted to scream when I have to spend a lot looking up words for object descriptions. I think I spent an hour looking up words describing the construction of a ponytail holder only to find the words were to obscure to make it into any online dictionary

Sashiko
Ansem2
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Ansem2 »

hi at all guys :) i saw that you didn't translate the last book :( it's beacause you don't have time, or beacause you don't have it so you can't even translate it?
do you think that you will complete these project?
Arlia
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Arlia »

Wasn't Log Horizon translated from the Chinese version ?
I don't think the last volume is published over there.
Rasen1
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Rasen1 »

Ansem2 wrote:hi at all guys :) i saw that you didn't translate the last book :( it's beacause you don't have time, or beacause you don't have it so you can't even translate it?
As Arlia has said, the wonderful translator for the series does it from the Chinese version (Does not read/speak Japanese). So until they publish it in China, work on Volume 7 isn't going to happen.
Ansem2
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Ansem2 »

shido
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by shido »

Rasen1 wrote:
Ansem2 wrote:hi at all guys :) i saw that you didn't translate the last book :( it's beacause you don't have time, or beacause you don't have it so you can't even translate it?
As Arlia has said, the wonderful translator for the series does it from the Chinese version (Does not read/speak Japanese). So until they publish it in China, work on Volume 7 isn't going to happen.
Unless someone who does read and speak Japanese is willing to do it, we won't stop them.
shido
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by shido »

Talked with our translator and he said he might work on the 7th volume of Log Horizon next week. It won't be the official Chinese translation version, but what others have translated from Japanese to Chinese.
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

That's... risky :mrgreen:
Translator at guhehe.TRANSLATIONS

"Life's a tale, told by an idiot." -Shakespeare
VoiD141
Astral Realm

Post by VoiD141 »

shido wrote:Talked with our translator and he said he might work on the 7th volume of Log Horizon next week. It won't be the official Chinese translation version, but what others have translated from Japanese to Chinese.
I don't really mind the extra wait cause this series is really good with its dynamic gameplay settings. Going by the current trend, skywood should be able to get the Chinese release by mid August or early September and upload the translated scripts within a week(either he is really passionate about Log Horizon or is a really good translator because the successive uploads are quite fast!!).

Still, waiting and hoping eagerly for the next updates!! :)
shido
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by shido »

Skythewood is translating the Log Horizon web chapters for volume 7, and has pasted those chapters on pastebin. Just take note that what was on the web chapters do have slight differences once they are turned to official novels like additional content to it as an example.

Chapters 55 and 56 should be from volume 7.
Spoiler! :
[link removed upon licensing]

Return to “Abandoned”