Log Horizon

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find Log Horizon?

It was good! Please do more!
98%
It was interesting.
2%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 843

Enact
Astral Realm

Log Horizon

Post by Enact »

Since this is getting an anime in the fall, and I'm a pretty big fan of Touno Mamare thanks to MaouYuu, I thought I'd try and pitch this to the community to see if an interest to translate this is there. The series is gonna draw a lot of comparisons from people to Sword Art Online (which I am also a fan of) but the works are pretty different once you get into them and have a different focus/tone, so anyone who's read the novels can back me up here.

Elder Tale" is a long-established and popular online game: but the day in which was introduced the 12th expansion pack, 30,000 Japanese users have been confined to the world of the game. In the world that is a fusion of reality and the game, our hero Shiroe begins his fight from the city of Akiba.
*Novel Synopsis*

How would you react if one day you were sucked into an MMORPG and could never get out? After a mysterious incident, roughly 30,000 players from Japan are now forced to live their life inside the MMORPG "Ender Tales" and can not log out. Even death is met with a respawn. Even worse is the fact that food has absolutely no taste. All this combined, many of the players inside this MMO has lost any will to actually play this game, but they are never allowed to leave. A played named Shiro will venture forth to uncover the mystery behind the reason why they are inside this game.
*Manga synopsis*

Project Page: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Log_Horizon

The books themselves:
Last edited by arczyx on Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gohankuten
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Log Horizon (ログ・ホライズン)

Post by Gohankuten »

Watching the first 2 episodes of the anime I really like this series. It is different enough from SAO that you can't really compare them cept that its based on players being trapped in a MMORPG. I think this would be a very popular series once it gets more exposure.
Niflheim
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Niflheim »

While it is different it also isn't.
I've yet to see ep 2, it is in the pipe, even so I can't see how you view it as different enough from SAO that you can't compare the two.
Riso raknar, rann álfraudull, nordr at niflheim
nióla sótti; upp nam ár Giöll Úlfrúnar nidr,
hornþytvalldr Himinbiarga

-- Hrafnagaldr Óðins

Give me KanColle in english please Kadokawa Games!
Gohankuten
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Gohankuten »

Niflheim wrote:While it is different it also isn't.
I've yet to see ep 2, it is in the pipe, even so I can't see how you view it as different enough from SAO that you can't compare the two.
I said you can't really compare them aside from the fact its about people being trapped in a MMORPG. Then again I have only watched the second episode and have not read the novels(since it hasnt been translated as far as I can find) so there is always possibilities for more similarities.
Niflheim

Post by Niflheim »

Well, they are fundamentally the same thing. The obvious difference come from the games in respective series. While SAO, the game, is pretty different from Elder Tale ALO isn't.

-- Hrafnagaldr Óðins

Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

Atleast death is met with a respawn here (Unlike SAO, but similar to ALO[But they weren't trapped in ALO, besides Asuna and all]) :lol:
MineRiko
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Hidan no Aria

Post by MineRiko »

Lol the only way Log Horizon is going to have a translator is due to the anime.

But anyway, pretty nice plot...
Wiki Account: Nii-sama
Kanamechan Translations, Chinjufu Scanlations, Chinjufu Channel
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

I totally knew that Log Horizon would be the target of endless comparison with SAO (and Mahouka too, sadly)...

Ok, I'm fed up with banters here, banters there... this subject is for and only for Log Horizon, period.

I've almost lost my patience, expect stronger sanctions if you keep these polemical debates (by "polemical", I imply targetting others and heating up the discussion).
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Do I have to clean up every single thread or something...?

Either way, the usual protocol on BT goes. Get 99% voting in favor for series to be translated, wait for milleniums before a translator decides to take it up, wait for eons before the series get completed.
Naeko
Devoted Haruhiist

Post by Naeko »

Log Horizon's author Mamare Touno visited 4chan's /a/ subforum on Monday, October 21, to answer some questions and to get an idea of how far his work had spread and its popularity. An archive of the thread is at:

http://archive.foolz.us/a/thread/95479152

*Followup*
The Q/A session was described at:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... -questions
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

After seeing that thread on /a/, there's no way I can start translating this one without the author giving permission :lol: (Then again, I don't suppose he's allowed to give permission for this, even if he wants to). We are not worthy.
Niflheim

Post by Niflheim »

With a subclass like that I would play the game no questions asked.
I'll never ever forget going into the Lion's Pride Inn in Goldshire on a World of Warcraft RP realm.

Guess you can tweet and ask :P Doubt he would object to foreign exposure.

-- Hrafnagaldr Óðins

1life4death
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by 1life4death »

The anime was very interesting haven't check whether their is a light novel or not but would love to see it get translated if it does
jmoonies
Astral Realm

Post by jmoonies »

1life4death wrote:The anime was very interesting haven't check whether their is a light novel or not but would love to see it get translated if it does
Indeed. The anime has been intriguing thus far. Despite the whole 'trapped in a game' theme, I think the game in question is actually lot more interesting in this case. Also for once, it seems like the characters aren't middle-schoolers so I'm curious to what kind of dynamic that brings
moneng85
Reader

Post by moneng85 »

This series doesn't have a "die in game, die in real-world" situation and it is very interesting to look at what the protagonist and company will do.
The objective of the game is also still a mystery as well as the main character's self so please translate this series >.<

Return to “Abandoned”