[YP]Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Would you buy this novel?

Yes
88%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
3%
No (Please give a reason)
9%

Total votes: 33

amores
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka

Post by amores »

How to...

translate jap with the very lowest level on nihongo

1.- Get a good quality raw of the novel, png´s and jpg´s are good. on pdf text are awesome.
2.- Get a OCR program with the jap katakana hiragana and kanji. (i use the ABBYY pro)
3.- The page ALWAYS have errors of OCR, Correct as many you can, if you dont have the keyboard on jap compatibility and dont know how spell the kanji go for: http://nihongo.j-talk.com/ or http://kanji.sljfaq.org/ , the last is superb, all the kanjis are there, you can search them by strokes.
4.- use the same method used on the visual novels and eroges untranslated, switch on the translator agregator, on the pass of time put the exception on the names, use 4 or 6 translation pages, copy the better translation, if you are a perfectionist you can make a interpretation of all. best are (google, bing, Excite, Free translations)
5.- when a character comes with nya nya nya or kora, or boya, or desuno, dattebayo, is hard to the machine, so iu need to put in normal japanesse, use google translator for the fonetical translation, here you can see the "nya nya" parts, make substitutions for the nya fo na´s or no´s, (google acept the romanji convertion, so only write and the options gonna appears)
6. copy and paste on word. is easy to edit, and have good compatibility with jap. i copy the original jap too, so, the TRUE TRANSLATORS GUYS can grip some hard kanjis from there.

by the way. the chap 4 of vol 2. spoiler alert.
Spoiler! :
link removed upon licensing
tbrakta
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by tbrakta »

Might as well pitch in and help with my mediocre Japanese that I'm still learning in college. I'll look over this chapter when I have time!! :D
Trying to think up an idea that'll make everyone look at me and say:
"That's a good idea, why didn't I think of it"
GetInDaZone222
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by GetInDaZone222 »

Im really liking this series! I like the type of series where it starts off with the MC being weak or not as capable as he should be and he aims to get stronger. The problem with those types of series is that in 90% of them, the MC is also a nyan-nyan and he stays one even after he gets stronger :/. This guy is getting strong fast, has a high goal set for himself & he has a good nature personality that is slowly developing to match what he wants to become. Ive only read the manga, but it has got me pretty interested. Hope this series gets picked up
MythzFreeze
Astral Realm

Post by MythzFreeze »

Seems like a really fun novel, i will be waiting as patiently as i can for more releases!
blackwhite67
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by blackwhite67 »

I bring spoilers!

By faz
Spoiler! :
Seems like 9 monsters in that monster feriae escape and a lv 11 silverback chase shestia. Bell takes her and runs since he can't beat it (his strength is currently on the lv 6 floor). He leaves her somewhere and plays decoy to save her. He gets cornered and fights for his live, but still loses. Hestia chased after him and saves him just in time. She updates his status and gives him the knife, which is a growth type weapon and powers up alongside Bell. His new stats (Power: G 221 to E 403, Endurance: H 101 to H199, Dexterous: G 232 to E 412, Agility : F 313 to D 521, Magic I0). He still has a tough fight, but he can at least keep up. Then he remembers Eina's lecture about weak points and he aims there to win. It seems Aizu took part in cleaning up the other monsters and when she gets there she heard from people that Bell already beat the silverback. Seems like he manage to leave some kind of impression on her. Hestia collapses so Bell brings her to the tavern where Seal works and she says that Hestia is just overwork. They flirt a bit until Hestia wakes up and it turns out she overworked because she begged Hephaestus for the knife. This is when Bell realizes that the knife has Hephaestus' seal on it. The epilogue is a flashback to when Bell first meets Hestia after having been rejected by all the guilds he tried to join. Hestia offer to create one and asks for the reason he wants to become an adventurer. He said his grandfather always taught him - harem saiko.
By kazekage26
Volume 1
Spoiler! :
The post above by faz does a good job by itself. Only thing I would add is that the one Freya's taken a liking to is Bell (Beru?), which should come as no surprise to anyone. I'm pretty sure she's the one who let the silverback free and was definitely watching Bell try to deal with it. She mentions wanting to see him get stronger, and if it kills him, she'll go to the underworld and hold him or something like that. Oh and also, pretty sure Hephaestus made the blade a living weapon, in that it gets stronger as Bell gets stronger. In vol 2, it's mentioned that it's useless when he's not the one using it (I think the guy lit. says it's "dead" or something).
Vol 2
Spoiler! :
Focus is on new character Lily (Riri?), the girl with the huge backpack. She's a "supporter", which support adventurers and can't really fight by themselves. They're really discriminated against by a lot of adventurers. Basically, Bell helps her out when she's being chased by some guys and she offers to work as his supporter the next time they meet (she pretends they haven't met before tho). She initially offers to work for free as a trial period, but ends up stealing his knife and trying to sell it (since it's useless out of his hands, she doesn't get a good price offer). Bell ends up getting the knife back thanks to one of his friends seeing it on her, but doesn't suspect Lily (he thinks she picked it up for him). Bell and Lily go into the dungeon together a few times, and Lily's surprised at just how nice/naive Bell is. Stuff happens, and she ends up betraying him again, and then getting betrayed by her own guild right after. She basically gives up at this point, and talks about how she hates all adventurers but most of all hates herself. Bell manages to save her and forgives her.
Vol 3
Spoiler! :
Freya and one of her subordinates discuss Bell and his growth (he's still been growing at incredible rates this whole time). They talk about how the incident with the Minotaur was a big trauma for him and is holding him back. She tells her subordinate to orchestrate something for Bell to get over that trauma. Aizu offers to train Bell, though it turns out she's kind of an airhead and doesn't know how to teach, so they just spar against each other a bunch. Jumping towards the end, Bell ends up running into another Minotaur and basically freezes up again. Aizu and her party come to the rescue, but Bell feels like he can't stand having to be rescued again, and asks to let him fight it alone. He ends up going all out (Freya is watching and very happy about this.) and managing to beat it in a pretty epic battle, which surprises the crap out of the guy that was making fun of him back in the first volume. While Bell's fainted from overusing his firebolt spell (which he learned from a grimoire; magic seems to be pretty rare in this world), the guy asks one of his party members to check his stats. To their surprise, it turns out ALL of his stats are at least S level (except magic, which is lower, and weapon? which is SS), with SS being the highest possible rank.
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

My comment on this (some people may not like my comment, so I spoiler tag it)
Spoiler! :
I read v1 of this. To be honest, I found it ok but not overly impressed. I checked out Konorano comments, and all the comments were praising the protagonist and his development. It seems like the main selling point of this series to the voters was its straightforward, mainstream nature on how Bell grows stronger and develops. I found it mildly interesting though it has a pretty weak plot IMHO (w.r.t v1 at least), the protagonist has a goal you would hear in a romcom despite not being one, though I do like the growing bonds between Bell and Hestia. Overall however, I was pretty disappointed as I have more expectations from its high ranking in Konorano. That being said, I'm still open-minded to read v2, when time allows.
shadownmaster850
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by shadownmaster850 »

I signed up to be an editor for this project and looking forward to future posts
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

shadownmaster850 wrote:I signed up to be an editor for this project and looking forward to future posts
Huh? Uhm, you know that without a translator an editor isnt needed?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Talinnilat
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Talinnilat »

There are google translate's done by iqamores that I've seen but not much else. Turning them into easily readable pages would take a lot of editing and a ton of guesswork but could be done with the help of all the spoilers out there.
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

Talinnilat wrote:There are google translate's done by iqamores that I've seen but not much else. Turning them into easily readable pages would take a lot of editing and a ton of guesswork but could be done with the help of all the spoilers out there.
Sounds... promising...
Translator at guhehe.TRANSLATIONS

"Life's a tale, told by an idiot." -Shakespeare
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

Is this passable :?:
Spoiler! :
Epilogue
pg.1

That's right, It was the time when hestia has already failed to recruited her 50th person for [familia].
Hestia who's felt down then saw lonely small back of body being projected.
Given appearance from back figure, it is a human race. A boy with a fine slender body and white hair.
The same as hestia he seem to felt down as well.
Wondered through the street without aim.
Hestia whose become worried decided to followed him.
As not to made notice at some time she hid herself within the shadow of building, not make much noise for every footsteps as possible. ~tetetete~ running fast. Apparently the boy is looking for [familia] and wished to entered.
When he knocked the door of [familia] he was turned down immediately at the front door.
Based on what hestia counted it already 10 [familia] that turned him down on the face.
After rejected the boy powerlessly sat down.
While dimly looked at the crowd on the street, hopelessly searched for the place where he belong.
If this state continued this lonely would lead to death, that whats she thought when saw his pale face.
"Oi, you there. Because the back alley is dangerous, isn't it better not enter?"
Notice the presence, and hear the voice.
The boy who tried to enter the alley, turn around with a surprise look on his face, then look hestia with a face down.
"T-thank you... err, what about you? alone in this place, are you lost?"
"... Isn't it you the one that have eyes like lost child?"
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

Well this is the rest.
Spoiler! :
The first encounter wasn't very pleasant. It conversation ended right away, every time first interacted with people was like this everyone treated hestia as a child.
After knew the truth about hestia identity, the boy repeated to apology with flustered face.
"He~. Then you already been rejected over at the front from [familia] one after another."
"Y-yes..."

[text removed upon licensing]

The past, Adventure story that has been repeated.
The pantheon that has been watching it forever, Myth Hero.
This, The boy walks, The Goddess records.
Thank you for reading i am sorry for my half-asses English
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Some questions:

Its the epilogue of chapter 1?

Did you translate it yourself?

Would you like to add it to the wiki?

Whats your native language? - Just curious ;)

From which language did you translate?

Btw. some things seem to be a little off...
Spoiler! :
[s]Btw. is in DanMachi "Familia" the same as a guild / clan / alliance in some MMO's[/s]

Found the answer in the manga -
Since there is already a manga for a not yet a year old light novel series does that mean its a quiete popular series?
Last edited by Darklor on Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: found a answer to one of the questions

Darklor

Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

it is from vol. 1.
Yes i do it by myself.
If it pass i don't really mind.
I am from Indonesia.
I am using the Japan one, with a OCR and Translator, getting reference from Google translate, a dictionary, then using it in the way i can read it.
IIRC it's 4th best LN in 2014
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Since the manga is a little further into the story I would assume that the epilogue goes a little diFferent:
Guest wrote:
Spoiler! :
Epilogue
pg.1

That's right, It was the time when Hestia has already failed to recruit a person for her [familia] for the 50th time.
Hestia who felt down did saw the lonely small back of body being projected.
Given appearance from back figure, it was of human race. A boy with a fine slender body and white hair.
The same as Hestia he seemed to feel down as well.
Wandered through the street without aim.
Hestia who become worried decided to follow him.
As not to be noticed for some time she hid herself within the shadow of buildings, made as few as possibe noise at every footstep while ~tetetete~ running fast. Apparently the boy was looking for [familia] and wished to enter.
When he knocked the door of [familia] he was turned down immediately at the front door.
Based on what Hestia counted it were already 10 [familia] that turned him down on the face.
After rejected the boy powerlessly sat down.
While dimly looked at the crowd on the street, hopelessly searching for the place where he belong.
If this state continued this loneliness would lead to death, that was what she thought as she saw his pale face.
"Oi, you there. Because the back alley is dangerous, isn't it better not to enter?"
Noticing the presence, and hearing the voice.
The boy who tried to enter the alley, turned around with a surprised look on his face, then looked at Hestia with the face down.
"T-thank you... err, what about you? Alone in this place, are you lost?"
"... Aren't you the one who has eyes like a lost child?"
But I wouldnt count one it since I just tried to edit your translation so that it makes more sense, but without checking with the source, since I cant that. Also I wouldnt bet on my grammar :wink: , because I fear that I sometimes mix that up with German grammar.. :oops:

Darklor

Return to “Abandoned”