[YP]Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Would you buy this novel?

Yes
88%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
3%
No (Please give a reason)
9%

Total votes: 33

JstBeingMyself
Astral Realm

[YP]Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka

Post by JstBeingMyself »

This series is licensed by Yen Press
http://www.yenpress.com/2014/04/sakura- ... -licenses/

Title: ダンジョンに出会いを求めるのは間違っているだろうか
Authors: Yasuda, Suzuhito (Art), Oomori, Fujino (Story)
Genres: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Romance

This still doesn't have a synopsis, but the first chapter of the manga just came out and it really gave me a SAO feeling and I found out it has a Light Novel that already has 3 volumes.
If you want to check out the manga, the link to batoto is here.

Volume 1-3 Covers:
Spoiler! :
Volume 1

Volume 2

Volume 3

Volume 3 - Alternate Cover
Last edited by KuroiHikari on Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: .jp title.
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka

Post by Nurin »

Okay, I liked the art(80% for my feelings to read) and I am waiting for a synopsis(too Lazy)... :D
Call me Nurin!

Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

I liked the art too but cannot decide whether to follow this or not before reading the synopsis/a teaser. I will wait for a synopsis to be added, voted yes for the meantime.
Shadell
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Shadell »

First chapter was promising. I'm planning to try translating something and I might work on this. (Tokyo Ravens is a distinct other possibility) though my Japanese is still pretty bad and it would be a long slow process.
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by arczyx »

The volume cover images are broken.
dammitt
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by dammitt »

After looking through the first chapter of the manga I find the novel much more interesting to read. Not that it's unusual, but the storytelling in manga is too fast (first chapter covers 70 pages of original LN) thus omitting many details and the story flow is a bit odd compared to that of the novel.
On the other hand, the second chapter is quite good.
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

arczyx wrote:The volume cover images are broken.

Ugh, it seems LNDB doesn't allow hotlinking. Well, I have linked the images from imageshack now.
Masadeer
Astral Realm

Post by Masadeer »

i'd really like to see this translate too! Loved the first two chapters of the manga, it's different from the standard shounen plot line, and shows promise.
zekeinferno
Astral Realm

Post by zekeinferno »

Just read the 3rd chapter and it's hyping up! I would love to see this novel translated!
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

Page 1 of the Prologue.
Prologue
Is asking for a chance encounter in a dungeon wrong?
Infinite labyrinth divided into many levels.Crucibles of heinous monsters.
In a quest for fame and fortune I also became one of the reckless adventurers.I registered my name in a guild so I can departure in the front lines.
Encounter with a girl that is attacked by a monster comes to a end with ascenting with a sword in a hand.
Screams echoing,a dirty monster roaring,sound of the sharp sword slashing just in the nick of time.
The monster fell,a cute girl remains sitted on the ground,as I stand gloriously.
Slightly dyed cheeks,my appearance that was clouded is projected into her eyes now,a faint love awakening in her heart.

At times I talk to the cute clerk about my adventures,relationship that I cherish.
At times I protect the body of elfen girl that is in the same business as me from savage people.
At times I lend a hand to the Amazonic warriors when the business is sluggish,and establish a party.
At times the other girls that appear to be harmonius are in fact jealous.
At times I(x4)...
As developing from a little child,one would think he was yearning to be a hero of adventure tales.
I want to get along well with girls,I want to exchange with the cute women from the different tribes.
To hold such ideas are indeed somewhat wicked,but isnt that the nature of the male's?
a encounter in the dungeon,correction,is asking for a harem wrong?
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

Thanks for the partial translation guest.
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

Page 2 of Prologue
Conclusion.
I was wrong.
"Wuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah"
"Huaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah"
I guess this is the result for a adventurer like me who is holding such wicked thoughts,right now I am dying.
To be more precise I am being chased by a monster with a human body having a cattles head a "Minotaur".
This monster isnt receiving damage from all my Lv.1 attacks,am I about get eaten alive?!
Definetely,it was fine.
So this is my fate for being obsessed with such a shallow delusion,becoming cattles food I am such a fool.
I am a fool for asking a chance encounter out of fate.
I guess it was out of my reach to try and get rich quickly and get a beautiful girl.
At some point I wished that every day from the dungeon there would be infinite casulties,ah I am finished.
Ah I want to return,to that year where my eyes sparkled when I was signing my document to register in the Guild where I was knocked off my feet for my sake,ah I want to return to that time.
That is already physically impossible now so this must be my fate.
"Vuumun"(I dont know what this means)
Last edited by Misogi on Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Error
DrGynaecologist
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by DrGynaecologist »

Thought I'd try making this flow a little better in English, a couple spots still confounded me though.

Prologue
Spoiler! :
An infinite labyrinth divided into many levels. A crucible of heinous monsters.
In a quest for fame and fortune I too became one of the reckless adventurers.
I registered my name in the guild so I can join the front lines.
An encounter with a girl that is attacked by a monster comes to a thrilling conclusion with sword in hand.
Screams echo, a foul monster’s roar, the sound of a sharp sword slashing in the nick of time.
The monster fell, a cute girl remains sprawled on the ground, I stand gloriously.
Slightly dyed cheeks, my appearance that was clouded, now reflected in her eyes, a faint love awakening in her heart.

At times I talk to the cute clerk about my adventures, a relationship that I cherish.
At times I protect the body of an elven girl that’s in the same business as me from savage people.
At times I lend a hand to the Amazonian warriors when the business is sluggish, forming a party.
At times the other girls that appear to be harmonious are in fact jealous.
At times I…
At times I…
At times I…
At times I…
Ever since he was a little child, one would think he was yearning to be a hero of adventure tales.
I want to get along well with girls, I want to talk with the cute women from the different tribes.
To hold such ideas are indeed somewhat wicked, but isn’t that a male’s nature?
Is having an encounter in the dungeon, or even asking for a harem, wrong?
The answer?
I was wrong.
"Huaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah"
I guess this what happens to an adventurer like me who has such wicked thoughts, right now I’m about to die.
To be more precise I’m being chased by a monster that has a human’s body having a cow’s head, a "Minotaur".
This monster isn’t receiving damage from all my Lv.1 attacks, am I about get eaten alive?!
It’s a sure thing. (Not sure here, I’d need to double check)
So this is my fate for being obsessed with such a shallow delusion, to becoming cow’s food, I am such a fool.
I’m a fool for asking for a chance encounter from fate.
I guess it was out of my reach to try and get rich quickly and get a beautiful girl.
At some point I wished that every day from the dungeon there would be infinite casualties (casualties?), bah I’m finished.
Ah, I want to return to that time when my eyes sparkled while I was signing the document to register in the Guild, where I was knocked off my feet for my sake, ah I want to return to that time.
That is already physically impossible now, so this must be my fate.
"Vuumun"(I don’t know what this means)
Last edited by Rohan123 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Put the wall of text in spoiler tags.
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

DrGynaecologist wrote:Thought I'd try making this flow a little better in English, a couple spots still confounded me though.

Prologue
Spoiler! :
An infinite labyrinth divided into many levels. A crucible of heinous monsters.
In a quest for fame and fortune I too became one of the reckless adventurers.
I registered my name in the guild so I can join the front lines.
An encounter with a girl that is attacked by a monster comes to a thrilling conclusion with sword in hand.
Screams echo, a foul monster’s roar, the sound of a sharp sword slashing in the nick of time.
The monster fell, a cute girl remains sprawled on the ground, I stand gloriously.
Slightly dyed cheeks, my appearance that was clouded, now reflected in her eyes, a faint love awakening in her heart.

At times I talk to the cute clerk about my adventures, a relationship that I cherish.
At times I protect the body of an elven girl that’s in the same business as me from savage people.
At times I lend a hand to the Amazonian warriors when the business is sluggish, forming a party.
At times the other girls that appear to be harmonious are in fact jealous.
At times I…
At times I…
At times I…
At times I…
Ever since he was a little child, one would think he was yearning to be a hero of adventure tales.
I want to get along well with girls, I want to talk with the cute women from the different tribes.
To hold such ideas are indeed somewhat wicked, but isn’t that a male’s nature?
Is having an encounter in the dungeon, or even asking for a harem, wrong?
The answer?
I was wrong.
"Huaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah"
I guess this what happens to an adventurer like me who has such wicked thoughts, right now I’m about to die.
To be more precise I’m being chased by a monster that has a human’s body having a cow’s head, a "Minotaur".
This monster isn’t receiving damage from all my Lv.1 attacks, am I about get eaten alive?!
It’s a sure thing. (Not sure here, I’d need to double check)
So this is my fate for being obsessed with such a shallow delusion, to becoming cow’s food, I am such a fool.
I’m a fool for asking for a chance encounter from fate.
At some point I wished that every day from the dungeon there would be infinite casualties (casualties?), bah I’m finished.
Ah, I want to return to that time when my eyes sparkled while I was signing the document to register in the Guild, where I was knocked off my feet for my sake, ah I want to return to that time.
That is already physically impossible now, so this must be my fate.
"Vuumun"(I don’t know what this means)
Doctor, are you the one who posted the translations as a guest, or are you just editing it?
DrGynaecologist
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by DrGynaecologist »

Ah, no I just edited it so it flowed a little better in English. Being new to Baka-Tsuki's forum if that was a faux pas I apologise, just wanted it to read a bit better since I hope the series gets picked up properly. (I'd offer to translate the series, but I'll hellishly slow at reading Japanese :P )

Return to “Abandoned”