[YP]Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Would you buy this novel?

Yes
88%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
3%
No (Please give a reason)
9%

Total votes: 33

Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Re: Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka

Post by Rohan123 »

Mytsy wrote:Well now that everyone has been enlightened its time to ask this:Is anybody planning to continue after I finish translating the prologue?Because if I do it,it will be a long and rough ride seeing as there is 325 pages in this volume.
I am in for the ride. :wink:
Jokes aside, more than 2 translators can work on the same volume(max preferred are 2 on the same volume), you can keep translating(if you wish to) and if any other translator gets interested in the project, he/she can join too.
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

DrGynaecologist wrote:Also the “Family’s Legend (Familiar’s Myth)” is one of those small katakana over the kanji things.
"Furigana" if you're referring more to the language, "rubi" if you're referring more to the typesetting. :P
DrGynaecologist wrote:Not sure if this impacts it or not, but Familia is Latin for Family.
Also in Italian. Which is why it tends to come up often in movies dealing with Mafia themes. >.> (In English it's also a rank in taxonomic classification in biology... but that's probably less relevant.)
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
Mytsy
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mytsy »

End of the prologue.
[picture before this text]
Coming on behalf of the horse monster was a girl which could've been mistaken for a goddess.
Slender body wrapped in blue lightweighted armor.
The dazzling armor that extends to her lovely flexible limbs.
I am suppresing the swelling in my body and parts of my body due to assertion,her breastplate contained a silver Emblem and was the same on her crest,gloves and sabre.
Blood is trickling down from the tip of the sword to the ground.
Blond hair that extends to her shoulders,filled with radiance that wont lose to any golden treasures.
On top of looking like a slender body woman she slightly has the face of a innocent girl.
I overlooked her eyes that were gold colour.
A blonde swordsman wrapped in blue equipment with gold eyes.
In the eyes of the person infront of me she must know that I am novice adventurer LV.1.
She is a First Class adventurer belonging in the Loki Familia.
She is admired as the strongest LV.5 by humans,no different kinds of races as well.
Sword Princess Aizu Wallenstein.
"Excuse me....are you alright?"
I'm not alright.
I'm not alright at all.
My heart that is about to explode any moment and shatter there is nothing alright about that.
My cheeks were dyed,eyes that were projecting the figure of the other party,a weak pale love awakening no a big one.
Wild idea coming real,casts were reversed,expectating for the summit.
My feelings were stolen by her.
Was asking a chance encounter in the dungeon wrong?
Re-conclusion.
I was definetely not mistaken.
There might be few mistakes here and there.Was translating this while writing my homework at the same time so sorry for the inconveniences.
"Talent hits a target no one else can hit. Genius hits a target no one else can see."-Arthur Schopenhauer
"The future is not a gift,it's a ladder of achievements."-Albert Einstein
"Be realistic,demand the impossible."
"Don't play to win. Play not to lose."
Gin-Ryu
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Gin-Ryu »

Hey im really enjoying the manga so far but the LN's are always better! So seeing this translated would make my year! Thanks for all you've done i look forward to what you do in the future!
-Gin
DrGynaecologist
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by DrGynaecologist »

I was referring to the typesetting :)
anonymous preferred
Astral Realm

Post by anonymous preferred »

Hi,

I'm ap, the TL guy from Norway Scan, who is currently working on Dungeon manga. We're glad to see some hard-working people who actually working on the project. =D

We TL-ed and PR-ed the extra episode at the end of LN 1. Once we're done compiling it, our PR guy will post it.

Good luck, guys!
Mytsy
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mytsy »

Ah yeah,anonymous preferred or alias AP,I remember you quitting this to the typical setting(more or less).Althought I don't know if I will continue translating the novel.
"Talent hits a target no one else can hit. Genius hits a target no one else can see."-Arthur Schopenhauer
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

Mytsy wrote:Ah yeah,anonymous preferred or alias AP,I remember you quitting this to the typical setting(more or less).Althought I don't know if I will continue translating the novel.
Well, no matter if you quit or continue, thanks for picking up this project and bringing such a good LN to English readers.
dammitt
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by dammitt »

Well, at first I just wanted to fix some mistakes in Mytsy's translation, but seeing that there are too many of them (no offense), I just retranslated the whole prologue (well, it's only 5 pages long anyways):
Spoiler! :
Is it wrong to look for encounters in the Dungeon?
An infinite labyrinth divided into numerous floors. A crucible of vicious monsters.
Searching for fortune and fame I also join the ranks of reckless adventurers. I register in the Guild and set off to the Dungeon without a moments delay.
Pushing my way through with a sword in my hand, I encounter a beautiful girl sitting on the floor attacked by a monster.
An echoing scream, monster’s spiteful roar, the sound of slashing sharp sword appearing in the nick of time.
The monster is defeated, the only ones who left are a cute girl sitting on the ground and myself standing still in a cool manner.
Slightly flushed cheeks, beautiful watery eyes that reflect my figure, a faint feeling of love awakening in her heart.

Sometimes I tell the story about this day to a cute employee in a tavern and nurture the relationship.
Sometimes I protect an elven girl from barbaric adventurers.
Sometimes I help out Amazonian warriors when their business is sluggish by forming a party.
Sometimes I am seen being on friendly terms with another girl and cause jealousy.
Sometimes, sometimes, sometimes, sometimes...
Perhaps that's what boys attracted to adventure stories think about when they grow up from child age.
I want to make friends with cute girls. I want to meet with beautiful women from different tribes.
But isn't it in young people's nature to have such wicked and obviously immature thoughts?
Is it wrong to look for encounters, correction, harem in the Dungeon?

Conclusion.
I was wrong.
"Whooooooooooom!"
"Haaaaaaaaaaaaah?!"
As a result of having such wicked and obviously immature thoughts, right now I am on the verge of death.
To be more precise I am being chased by a "Minotaur", a bull-headed monster with human body.
Seems like I will be eaten alive by this monster who isn't receiving any damage from my Lv. 1 attacks.
That's the end. There's no doubt about it.
This is my fate for being obsessed with stupid filthy delusions. A bull's food. I'm an idiot.
I was a fool for looking for a fateful encounter.
The dream of not getting rich quickly, but quickly finding a pretty girl, was just a dream.
I was finished the moment I decided to look for encounters in the Dungeon that takes numerous lives every day.
Ah, I want to return. I was to return to that day — when I should've known better, but my eyes were sparkling and I registered my name in the Guild — and knock my old self out.
But it's not possible anymore — not physically, not from destiny's point of view.
"Vuumun!"
"Haaaa?!"
The Minotaur's hooves.
Although he wasn't able to seize me with this sudden attack from the back, he smashed the ground right under me.
I lost my footing and rolled down on the Dungeon floor.
"Fuu— Fuu—...!"
"Aaaaaaaargh!"
I fell on my buttocks and retreated in a miserable way.
If some pretty girls saw this scene they will instantly become disillusioned. Perhaps, I was never capable of becoming a hero like the ones depicted in fairy tales.
My back bumped against the wall. A dead end.
After passing scores of passages I ended up in a wide floor. Driven into a corner of a square space.
(Ah, I'm dead...)
My teeth chattered and tears didn't stop for a second.
A vicious stinky snorting of the Minotaur hit my skin.
Looking up at the muscular body that was much much larger than mine, I produced an awkward smile as if an indication that I was doomed.
——In the end, an encounter with a girl didn't happen.
Incorrigibly recollecting the thoughts that drove me to death, my eyes reflected the figure of the monster who raised his hoofs.
The next moment a line ran through the monster's body.
"Eh?"
"Vuo?"
The Minotaur and I raised stupid voices.
The line that ran through his torso didn't stop, but continued etching on his thick chest, his upper arms with raised hoofs, thighs, legs, tips of his shoulders and his neck.
Only at the very end I saw a light of silver.
Soon that monster, who didn't have a single wound from my attacks, just turned into lumps of meat.
"Gubuu?! Vuaaaaaaaah—?!"
His death scream echoed throughout the room.
The Minotaur's body parts, cut along the line, were falling down spouting sprays of blood, and then he tumbled down.
My whole body was covered in great amount of blood, I was dumbfounded for a moment.
"...Are you alright?"
A girl, who could have been mistaken for a goddess, appeared on place of the bull monster.
Her slender body was wrapped in blue-colored light armor.
Her supple limbs that extended from under her armor were dazzlingly beautiful.
A silver breastplate with an emblem was covering her breasts, self-assertive among her gentle body parts; she was wearing heraldic gloves of the same color and had a sabre. The blood was dripping down its tip pointed to the ground.
Her golden hair that extended to her waist was filled with radiance that was on par with any golden treasures.
From woman's perspective, apart from having a slender body, she had a youthful face of an innocent little girl.
The color of the eyes that looked down at me was blue.
(...A—)
——A golden-haired golden-eyed swordswoman wrapped in blue armor.
Even I, a Lv. 1 novice adventurer, understood who was that person standing in front of me.
She was a first-class adventurer belonging to "Loki Familia".
She was a Lv. 5, admired as one of the strongest among human females, no, among females of all races.
"Sword Princess" Aizu Wallenstein.
"Um... are you alright?"
I was not alright.
I was not alright at all.
It seemed like my heart was about to explode and shatter into pieces — that's definitely not alright.
Slightly flushed cheeks, watery eyes that reflect her figure, a faint... no, a strong feeling of love awakening in my heart.
A wild idea came to fruition; the roles became reversed; the expectations are extremely high.
At that moment she stole my heart.

Re-conclusion.
I was definitely not wrong.
Mytsy
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mytsy »

dammitt wrote:Well, at first I just wanted to fix some mistakes in Mytsy's translation, but seeing that there are too many of them (no offense), I just retranslated the whole prologue (well, it's only 5 pages long anyways):
Spoiler! :
An infinite labyrinth divided into numerous floors. A crucible of vicious monsters.
Searching for fortune and fame I also join the ranks of reckless adventurers. I register in the Guild and set off to the Dungeon without a moments delay.
Pushing my way through with a sword in my hand, I encounter a beautiful girl sitting on the floor attacked by a monster.
An echoing scream, monster’s spiteful roar, the sound of slashing sharp sword appearing in the nick of time.
The monster is defeated, the only ones who left are a cute girl sitting on the ground and myself standing still in a cool manner.
Slightly flushed cheeks, beautiful watery eyes that reflect my figure, a faint feeling of love awakening in her heart.

Sometimes I tell the story about this day to a cute employee in a tavern and nurture the relationship.
Sometimes I protect an elven girl from barbaric adventurers.
Sometimes I help out Amazonian warriors when their business is sluggish by forming a party.
Sometimes I am seen being on friendly terms with another girl and cause jealousy.
Sometimes, sometimes, sometimes, sometimes...
Perhaps that's what boys attracted to adventure stories think about when they grow up from child age.
I want to make friends with cute girls. I want to meet with beautiful women from different tribes.
But isn't it in young people's nature to have such wicked and obviously immature thoughts?
Is it wrong to look for encounters, correction, harem in the Dungeon?

Conclusion.
I was wrong.
"Whooooooooooom!"
"Haaaaaaaaaaaaah?!"
As a result of having such wicked and obviously immature thoughts, right now I am on the verge of death.
To be more precise I am being chased by a "Minotaur", a bull-headed monster with human body.
Seems like I will be eaten alive by this monster who isn't receiving any damage from my Lv. 1 attacks.
That's the end. There's no doubt about it.
This is my fate for being obsessed with stupid filthy delusions. A bull's food. I'm an idiot.
I was a fool for looking for a fateful encounter.
The dream of not getting rich quickly, but quickly finding a pretty girl, was just a dream.
I was finished the moment I decided to look for encounters in the Dungeon that takes numerous lives every day.
Ah, I want to return. I was to return to that day — when I should've known better, but my eyes were sparkling and I registered my name in the Guild — and knock my old self out.
But it's not possible anymore — not physically, not from destiny's point of view.
"Vuumun!"
"Haaaa?!"
The Minotaur's hooves.
Although he wasn't able to seize me with this sudden attack from the back, he smashed the ground right under me.
I lost my footing and rolled down on the Dungeon floor.
"Fuu— Fuu—...!"
"Aaaaaaaargh!"
I fell on my buttocks and retreated in a miserable way.
If some pretty girls saw this scene they will instantly become disillusioned. Perhaps, I was never capable of becoming a hero like the ones depicted in fairy tales.
My back bumped against the wall. A dead end.
After passing scores of passages I ended up in a wide floor. Driven into a corner of a square space.
(Ah, I'm dead...)
My teeth chattered and tears didn't stop for a second.
A vicious stinky snorting of the Minotaur hit my skin.
Looking up at the muscular body that was much much larger than mine, I produced an awkward smile as if an indication that I was doomed.
——In the end, an encounter with a girl didn't happen.
Incorrigibly recollecting the thoughts that drove me to death, my eyes reflected the figure of the monster who raised his hoofs.
The next moment a line ran through the monster's body.
"Eh?"
"Vuo?"
The Minotaur and I raised stupid voices.
The line that ran through his torso didn't stop, but continued etching on his thick chest, his upper arms with raised hoofs, thighs, legs, tips of his shoulders and his neck.
Only at the very end I saw a light of silver.
Soon that monster, who didn't have a single wound from my attacks, just turned into lumps of meat.
"Gubuu?! Vuaaaaaaaah—?!"
His death scream echoed throughout the room.
The Minotaur's body parts, cut along the line, were falling down spouting sprays of blood, and then he tumbled down.
My whole body was covered in great amount of blood, I was dumbfounded for a moment.
"...Are you alright?"
A girl, who could have been mistaken for a goddess, appeared on place of the bull monster.
Her slender body was wrapped in blue-colored light armor.
Her supple limbs that extended from under her armor were dazzlingly beautiful.
A silver breastplate with an emblem was covering her breasts, self-assertive among her gentle body parts; she was wearing heraldic gloves of the same color and had a sabre. The blood was dripping down its tip pointed to the ground.
Her golden hair that extended to her waist was filled with radiance that was on par with any golden treasures.
From woman's perspective, apart from having a slender body, she had a youthful face of an innocent little girl.
The color of the eyes that looked down at me was blue.
(...A—)
——A golden-haired golden-eyed swordswoman wrapped in blue armor.
Even I, a Lv. 1 novice adventurer, understood who was that person standing in front of me.
She was a first-class adventurer belonging to "Loki Familia".
She was a Lv. 5, admired as one of the strongest among human females, no, among females of all races.
"Sword Princess" Aizu Wallenstein.
"Um... are you alright?"
I was not alright.
I was not alright at all.
It seemed like my heart was about to explode and shatter into pieces — that's definitely not alright.
Slightly flushed cheeks, watery eyes that reflect her figure, a faint... no, a strong feeling of love awakening in my heart.
A wild idea came to fruition; the roles became reversed; the expectations are extremely high.
At that moment she stole my heart.

Re-conclusion.
I was definitely not wrong.
Hmhm reading this makes me think that the most mistakes were because of my bad syntax.
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

Hey, can anyone suggest me a shortened version of the title? It would be easier to use a shortened version in the page links to make navigation in the wiki pages on BT easier, so how about something like "Dungeon ni Deai"? Please give your feedback, or tell if you want the full name "Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka" to be used.
dammitt
Project Translator

Post by dammitt »

It is usually shortened to ダンまち (DanMachi).
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

dammitt wrote:It is usually shortened to ダンまち (DanMachi).
Okay, does anyone have any objections to using "DanMachi" in the links of the project on the BT wiki? Only in the links though, full name will be mentioned on the pages itself.
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

Okay, teaser page for the project created.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... e=DanMachi

Prologue uploaded as well and credits for it given to Mytsy and dammitt. (I added your names to the prologue on the registration page too, though I linked to your BT forum profile pages there, since I didn't know dammitt's wiki username.)
Mytsy, I added you to translators.

Also, please someone upload the novel illustrations for volume 1 so I can add some pictures to the project. :P
Add the series information(book, release date, ISBN no.s) too please, I couldn't find it.

Also, check for any errors and fix them as per your discretion.
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

Rohan, I think that for the Page title you should put it the full novel name, Sublinks could be with the shoter name... Imagine if the side bar listed "STnBD"? what do you think?

Edit: Page Moved to "Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka" the sublinks can be on the shorter name.
Call me Nurin!

Return to “Abandoned”