[YP]Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Would you buy this novel?

Yes
88%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
3%
No (Please give a reason)
9%

Total votes: 33

decemdies
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka

Post by decemdies »

Dear all members,

I'm interested in translating this novel. In fact, i think i can dish out maybe 1 to 2 pages per day(if i am motivated enough to). However, I'm very busy for this semester in college so I might just become another 1-week translator. Which i do not really want because my japanese is far from fluent. Hence, i'd like to request help. I've read that there were a few people interested in becoming editors soI would like to cooperate with the editors.

I'd also really appreciate it if current translator Mysty could aid me in putting words down because i find your translation of the prologue less accurate(as in some parts deviated from the meaning of the original) but more succinct and well put than any English words i could come up with.

If there isn't anybody who's willing to aid me(as in i'll be soloing), then i will take my own sweet time to translate. If i receive help, i can guarantee an increase in translation speeds.
"Sabin, you're alive!"
"[laughs merrily] But of course! You think a minor thing like the end of the world was gonna do me in?
Detalz
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Detalz »

Hi decemdies, I wouldn't mind helping you out in your translations, since I already have this series. I can offer you either the services of a TLCer, or that of a full-fledged editor, but I don't think I'll have enough time to do both. Feel free to send me a pm on how'd you like to communicate(whether on the wiki, google docs, or some other platform). Good luck with your translations.
SAimNE
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by SAimNE »

so many hopes for this one's future o.o. Really seems like a series that will be far more interesting with the extensive detail you find in light novels.... though if all else fails i guess the manga will do x.x. many thanks to mysty and dec for providing hope to see this thing in english. i'd offer my help but i'm pretty much only capable of translating nani and baka XD
Felinon
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Felinon »

I would like to see it translated, however there are also other projects to be more focused on instead of spreading out into new translation projects. Usually the more projects, the work on other projects slow down.
Kunagisa
Astral Realm

Post by Kunagisa »

How in the world this get almost 2k votes in less than half a year ...
Kenju Destiny
Astral Realm

Post by Kenju Destiny »

People really wanna read it (including myself)
jn19930
Project Translator

Post by jn19930 »

If no one minds me translating through a Chinese translation (meaning that I would need some to TLC it), I'll push out a chapter during the weekend to see if anyone wants to continue.

If by the time I finish translating a volume for another series, and no one attempts to do translate it, I'll jump over here and work on this project for a while. Although I currently can't tell exactly when I'll finish the volume, it should be sometime next week as I have a break right now, which I'll spend quite a bit of time working on the translation.

EDIT: If by tomorrow morning no one says that I can't translate it using the Chinese translation, I'll start working on Chapter 1 of Vol. 1 as Mysty had quit.
Spoiler! :
Location of my translated works:
http://pastebin.com/u/jn19930
Kenju Destiny
Astral Realm

Post by Kenju Destiny »

Alright! You the best jn19930!
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

jn19930 wrote:EDIT: If by tomorrow morning no one says that I can't translate it using the Chinese translation, I'll start working on Chapter 1 of Vol. 1 as Mysty had quit.
Why wouldn't you be allowed to TL from Chinese? Go ahead.
Translator at guhehe.TRANSLATIONS

"Life's a tale, told by an idiot." -Shakespeare
jn19930
Project Translator

Post by jn19930 »

I did start it and posted a part of it onto the wiki (not all, but some), problem is the novel doesn't separate the chapters into parts. Makes it difficult for me to stop and take a break :(

I think I'm roughly 50% complete in chapter 1 and I'll try to finish it tonight. I was juggling between this and another novel part (which was probably the same length as what I translated for this :evil: ) so I didn't manage to finish off Chapter 1 last night.

Or maybe the bigger problem was that I was like meh I want sleep in the middle of TLing :?

EDIT: I can finally see why Mysty stopped, SOO MUCH (USELESS) DETAILS :evil: makes it a pain to TL it T___T

EDIT 2: Chapter 1 Completed and I'm going to finish the other novel before continuing this.
Spoiler! :
SAimNE
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by SAimNE »

jn19930 wrote:I did start it and posted a part of it onto the wiki (not all, but some), problem is the novel doesn't separate the chapters into parts. Makes it difficult for me to stop and take a break :(

I think I'm roughly 50% complete in chapter 1 and I'll try to finish it tonight. I was juggling between this and another novel part (which was probably the same length as what I translated for this :evil: ) so I didn't manage to finish off Chapter 1 last night.

Or maybe the bigger problem was that I was like meh I want sleep in the middle of TLing :?

EDIT: I can finally see why Mysty stopped, SOO MUCH (USELESS) DETAILS :evil: makes it a pain to TL it T___T

EDIT 2: Chapter 1 Completed and I'm going to finish the other novel before continuing this.
gj on chapter 1. quick and easy read :D. hope you finish the other novel soon :D
jn19930
Project Translator

Post by jn19930 »

SAimNE wrote: gj on chapter 1. quick and easy read :D. hope you finish the other novel soon :D
Thanks. But I don't think I'll finish the other volume this week at least. I've gotten lazy :roll: and have been working at a much slower pace than I expected. It'll take at least 2-3 weeks I think as I have midterms AGAIN :evil: for the following weeks. Then I'll come over to the LN and finish off Vol. 1.
Spoiler! :
-origin-of-sins-
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by -origin-of-sins- »

great chapter 1 is finally translated! thanx to the all powerfull translators and editors :D
Kaiser Gle
Astral Realm

Post by Kaiser Gle »

Yes
Is it wrong of me to wish for more?
jn19930
Project Translator

Post by jn19930 »

As I mentioned, I had midterms (which I finally finished yesterday), so I can resume TL-ing Hagure Vol 4. The rest of Vol. 1 will come after I finish with that. I expect at least a week before I can jump over here, unless I feel like doing a lot of TL-ing in a day.
Spoiler! :

Return to “Abandoned”