[YP]Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Would you buy this novel?

Yes
88%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
3%
No (Please give a reason)
9%

Total votes: 33

[[]][[]]
Astral Realm

Re: Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka

Post by [[]][[]] »

hello
i am new to this forum
but i really like this light novel
i would like to know "the update status" to this novel
Much obliged :)
jn19930
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by jn19930 »

[[]][[]] wrote:hello
i am new to this forum
From what I know currently, I'm the only translator for this project. However, I need to finish off Hagure Yuusha Vol. 4 before I can jump over to this project. Since I roughly 60 pages left to translate, I think it'll take at least a few days before I'm done with that project. Then I'll start working on this one. (I'll probably try to do it in 1-2 days but I can't guarantee anything)

EDIT: I have finished TL-ing Volume 4 of Hagure Yuusha, so I'll be dedicated to this project now. I think I'll have the next chapter up in a few days (Unless I decide to take a short break)
Spoiler! :
Location of my translated works:
http://pastebin.com/u/jn19930
wrwrwrwr21
Literature Club Member

Post by wrwrwrwr21 »

jn19930 wrote:
[[]][[]] wrote:hello
i am new to this forum
From what I know currently, I'm the only translator for this project. However, I need to finish off Hagure Yuusha Vol. 4 before I can jump over to this project. Since I roughly 60 pages left to translate, I think it'll take at least a few days before I'm done with that project. Then I'll start working on this one. (I'll probably try to do it in 1-2 days but I can't guarantee anything)

EDIT: I have finished TL-ing Volume 4 of Hagure Yuusha, so I'll be dedicated to this project now. I think I'll have the next chapter up in a few days (Unless I decide to take a short break)
You, Sir, have just made this crappy Monday awesome. I only just found vol. 4 of Hagure Yuusha this afternoon, and now I find out you're continuing this LN? Thank you!! :D
jn19930
Project Translator

Post by jn19930 »

Just a headsup, but I'm going to edit the terminology page. One of the major changes is "Aizu" to "Ais", this is because in the images of the Side-Story, the image clearly shows Ais Wallenstein, so if you see any "Aizu", please help me change it to Ais.

EDIT: Updated Terminology Page. However, Spoilers are included (Such as Magic Names) as it is pretty much up to date to all the name terms you will find up to Vol. 3. For those who don't mind reading Spoilers, and would like to help me fix names, you can take a peek at the terminology page :lol:

EDIT2: I read the Prologue (English) for the very first time and found many mistakes and confusing areas (while looking for names to be fixed) . As a result, I re-translated almost the entire thing, so the editors may have to go through the thing again. :lol: .
Spoiler! :
dammitt
Project Translator

Post by dammitt »

jn19930 wrote:I read the Prologue (English) for the very first time and found many mistakes and confusing areas (while looking for names to be fixed) . As a result, I re-translated almost the entire thing, so the editors may have to go through the thing again. :lol:
Now just hope that Rohan123 doesn't barge in and change all tenses to the past like he did with my retranslation of the prologue (that's why I had to revert it back to Mytsy's).

On a side note, I've updated terminology page with proper romanization for the names of main characters, so we'll need to update them accordingly in translated chapters.
jn19930
Project Translator

Post by jn19930 »

dammitt wrote:
jn19930 wrote:I read the Prologue (English) for the very first time and found many mistakes and confusing areas (while looking for names to be fixed) . As a result, I re-translated almost the entire thing, so the editors may have to go through the thing again. :lol:
Now just hope that Rohan123 doesn't barge in and change all tenses to the past like he did with my retranslation of the prologue (that's why I had to revert it back to Mytsy's).

On a side note, I've updated terminology page with proper romanization for the names of main characters, so we'll need to update them accordingly in translated chapters.
Didn't notice yours was in the forum, and when I looked through it, that was a much better translation (could have saved me lots of time, if I just used that and edited it).

For the terminology page, I couldn't decide for Eina if it was Tulle or Churu -> I think it could translate to Tulle, but Churu was what I got from translate google >.> You would probably know better than me.

Anyways, I don't think Rohan touched any of my translations yet. I don't think there's even an editor for the project. Just me doing translating.

EDIT: I'm not sure sure about some of the terminology names for some characters. for example へファイストス - Hephaestios, but I'm pretty sure if you look it up it's Hephaestus in English.

For Syr Frova, I think Seal Flover sounds better so I made that change.

Last Thing to Note (Don't Read if you don't want to know about the spoilers)
Spoiler! :
You probably just made a mistake with Ottar and changed it to Ottarl as well since Ottar is in the mythology as one of Freya's protege.

I don't think we need to reference all of those romanization listed out to the volume where you found it as well. I would want the leave the * next to the names which are confirmed to ensure no one changes those. I'll place your romanization parts in brackets and keep the ones I'm using.
Spoiler! :
dammitt
Project Translator

Post by dammitt »

jn19930 wrote:EDIT: I'm not sure sure about some of the terminology names for some characters. for example へファイストス - Hephaestios, but I'm pretty sure if you look it up it's Hephaestus in English.

For Syr Frova, I think Seal Flover sounds better so I made that change.

Last Thing to Note (Don't Read if you don't want to know about the spoilers)
Spoiler! :
You probably just made a mistake with Ottar and changed it to Ottarl as well since Ottar is in the mythology as one of Freya's protege.
I don't think we need to reference all of those romanization listed out to the volume where you found it as well. I would want the leave the * next to the names which are confirmed to ensure no one changes those. I'll place your romanization parts in brackets and keep the ones I'm using.
Well, I just posted the romanization given in the book, but it's up to you what the final names will look like, in the end it's your translation, not mine. Personally I'd rather use Aizu instead of Ais, cause it sounds more natural. As for Syr - her name was written like that in the booklet, I think it sounds much better than Seal; the way her surname is written is totally up to you. As for Ottar - I know it's the way it's usually written, but in the booklet it was given as Ottarl.

Should I bother fixing some translation mistakes? Because there are certain sentences that look differently in jap version. Or you'll prefer to leave it as it is in the chinese version?
jn19930
Project Translator

Post by jn19930 »

dammitt wrote: Well, I just posted the romanization given in the book, but it's up to you what the final names will look like, in the end it's your translation, not mine. Personally I'd rather use Aizu instead of Ais, cause it sounds more natural. As for Syr - her name was written like that in the booklet, I think it sounds much better than Seal; the way her surname is written is totally up to you. As for Ottar - I know it's the way it's usually written, but in the booklet it was given as Ottarl.

Should I bother fixing some translation mistakes? Because there are certain sentences that look differently in jap version. Or you'll prefer to leave it as it is in the chinese version?
I usually rewrite the sentence after reading it so it flows in English, but I'm sure there are sentences which have gone wrong from Jap->Chinese -> Eng, plus I don't really like the works of the person who translated this volume. (Volume 2+ was translated by someone else I believe) so feel free to change the sentences. Plus, it takes a lot of time for me to translate this novel as I have to run through it a few times before I can decide on the sentence I'll use, then I get tired out from doing that.

I'm not exactly sure what booklet you're talking about, I might be missing one as I can currently look at Vol. 4 booklet and the Side-Story one, but I haven't seen an image that says Syr or Ottarl. I have to agree that Aizu does sound better, but the side story booklet clearly shows her name is Ais Wallenstein (and I try to follow the name, the author gives)

Since Ottar was the protege of Freya, I think sticking to that would be better.
Spoiler! :
OculisTerrae
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by OculisTerrae »

jn19930 wrote:
Anyways, I don't think Rohan touched any of my translations yet. I don't think there's even an editor for the project. Just me doing translating.
If you don't mind the fact that I'm quite inexperienced, I'm willing to help with editing the translation. I've already edited the prologue and chapter one a bit, but I would like to ask your permission for any future chapters.
dammitt
Project Translator

Post by dammitt »

jn19930 wrote:I'm not exactly sure what booklet you're talking about, I might be missing one as I can currently look at Vol. 4 booklet and the Side-Story one, but I haven't seen an image that says Syr or Ottarl.
I was talking about the one that came with limited edition of the third volume (ダンジョンに出会いを求めるのは間違っているだろうか 3 小冊子付き限定版). I don't think there's a RAW of it floating around, so that's why you are missing it.
jn19930
Project Translator

Post by jn19930 »

I guess that's pretty much the reason why, I only have the normal edition for vol 3. Well I'll look and do some changes back on the terminology page. Since I'm probably the only one translating, I think I should just stick with the names I had at the very beginning and list out the ones that had their name confirmed. I mean I really hate reading Ais and Syr for some reason, so meh, if no one minds I'll just stick to Aizu and Seal.

Could you confirm which names are listed out in Vol 3 Booklet here? Just so I don't make a mistake in the future while TL-ing.
Spoiler! :
jn19930
Project Translator

Post by jn19930 »

OculisTerrae wrote: If you don't mind the fact that I'm quite inexperienced, I'm willing to help with editing the translation. I've already edited the prologue and chapter one a bit, but I would like to ask your permission for any future chapters.
I don't mind. I'm sure I would need lots of help for this novel, but make sure to sign yourself up onto the Editor section, If there's any problems with your editing that changes the translation (from what I interpret at least), you take responsibility for it :lol: Of course, if I notice that the meaning has changed, I'll contact you about it.
Spoiler! :
OculisTerrae
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by OculisTerrae »

jn19930 wrote: I don't mind. I'm sure I would need lots of help for this novel, but make sure to sign yourself up onto the Editor section, If there's any problems with your editing that changes the translation (from what I interpret at least), you take responsibility for it :lol: Of course, if I notice that the meaning has changed, I'll contact you about it.
Ok, I'll do that then, thanks.
dammitt
Project Translator

Post by dammitt »

jn19930 wrote:Could you confirm which names are listed out in Vol 3 Booklet here? Just so I don't make a mistake in the future while TL-ing.
Spoiler! :
Bell Cranel
Hestia
Ais Wallenstein
Liliruca Arde
Eina Tulle
Hephaestios
Freya
Ottarl
Loki
Syr
Mytsy
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mytsy »

*yanks head left and right*Sorry for my beyond hope literal translation and that it may have caused hard-time reading it.
"Talent hits a target no one else can hit. Genius hits a target no one else can see."-Arthur Schopenhauer
"The future is not a gift,it's a ladder of achievements."-Albert Einstein
"Be realistic,demand the impossible."
"Don't play to win. Play not to lose."

Return to “Abandoned”