PDF Transcribing - help needed

Wish to express your thanks and salutations? And PDF's? Find your Novel Series topic here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Shihaida
Astral Realm

PDF Transcribing - help needed

Post by Shihaida »

Hello fellow readers!

I'm a first time poster, for a few months now I've been enjoying the fan translations of various novels that this wonderful community makes.
I don't like to read full-text, I much more enjoy reading in PDF format and because some of the LN's that I want to read haven't been transcribed to PDF yet I would like to contribute by doing this myself. I was especially inspired to do this because I'm going on a roadtrip this weekend and can't take all of the novels I'd like to read with me on my iPhone/e-reader.

I would like to ask a few pointers of you guys. Do any of you have experience in transcribing full text to PDF? Are there any beginner mistakes I could make? All the PDF's I have seen so far all look very neat and clean and I wonder if there was something special to it. It's my first time doing anything like this, so any advice you guys could give me would be very helpful and welcome.

I'm looking to do either Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica or Leviathan of the Covenant.

Would love to hear from you, cheers!
evoeden
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Kawakami's stuff

Re: PDF Transcribing - help needed

Post by evoeden »

Shihaida wrote:Hello fellow readers!

I'm a first time poster, for a few months now I've been enjoying the fan translations of various novels that this wonderful community makes.
I don't like to read full-text, I much more enjoy reading in PDF format and because some of the LN's that I want to read haven't been transcribed to PDF yet I would like to contribute by doing this myself. I was especially inspired to do this because I'm going on a roadtrip this weekend and can't take all of the novels I'd like to read with me on my iPhone/e-reader.

I would like to ask a few pointers of you guys. Do any of you have experience in transcribing full text to PDF? Are there any beginner mistakes I could make? All the PDF's I have seen so far all look very neat and clean and I wonder if there was something special to it. It's my first time doing anything like this, so any advice you guys could give me would be very helpful and welcome.

I'm looking to do either Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica or Leviathan of the Covenant.

Would love to hear from you, cheers!
You can use converter (Calibre e.t.c)
Take print version of "full text".html
convert it to Epub
edit some parts, table of contents and add images (you can try edit some css and styles)
convet eddited epub to pdf

Or use Word for editing text
save as - pdf
for adding images better use some pdf editors (because word don't like big pages and images)

Some manuals was already posted on forums
for example
https://www.baka-tsuki.org/forums/viewt ... 10#p252445
veritatis cupitor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Mahouka, date a live

Re: PDF Transcribing - help needed

Post by veritatis cupitor »

i use newest opera browser (chrome based) to save the page as pdf [(ctrl+p), then change to save as pdf].
ARIGATOU GOZAIMASU TRANSLATOR SAN.

Return to “Appreciation & PDF”