Added EPUB/MOBI for Volume 1,3 and 4 for Sword Art Online

Wish to express your thanks and salutations? And PDF's? Find your Novel Series topic here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

cryzed
Astral Realm

Added EPUB/MOBI for Volume 1,3 and 4 for Sword Art Online

Post by cryzed »

Hello there,
I wanted to read Sword Art Online comfortably on my Kindle, but the PDF just didn't really do it for me: reading was awkward and uncomfortable, the contrast was bad etc. Therefore I created a MOBI and EPUB version for the first, third and fourth volume of the novel and added the links to those files to the corresponding page. The included metadata should be correct, the cover is available, a working table of contents index exists and the images on certain pages of the volumes are also included and can be viewed on an e-reader with support for it.

I hope this was within my permissions, if not feel free to remove the links and know that I'm sincerely sorry. Thanks for the awesome work you guys have done!
carj
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Added EPUB/MOBI for Volume 1,3 and 4 for Sword Art Onlin

Post by carj »

well first thank you xD that saved some of my work actually, second yes its within your permissions to do them but i would recommend to ask before putting links in the wiki so we avoid problems, since SAO was already a project that had links there it should not be a problem but if you want to do another project n it doesnt have links or your not sure i recommend you ask in the forums first =P or PM me n ill talk to the right ppl

im saying this cuz for example teh_ping doesnt want the PDF link in the wiki so we should respect the admin/supervisor's decision

anyways for this one its ok n i really appreciate the epubs now i can push myself to read =P
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Wait wait wait, I'm not the supervisor for SAO. Can someone get Sharramon back?
cryzed
Astral Realm

Post by cryzed »

Thanks, that's great to hear. Once Teh_ping manages to contact the actual Administrator for the project, apparently Sharramon, it would be good if he/she could reply in this thread and I'll act accordingly.

On another note: I actually wrote a small Python script that, based on a list of URLs containing chapters, downloads and cleans the content of superfluos and useless HTML tags and prepares the resulting HTML file in various other ways so that the actual assembly with the Mobipocket eBook Creator to a proper eBook can be done within two minutes or so. What I'm trying to say is: If there is any interest in me creating additional EPUB/MOBI files for other stories hosted on Baka-Tsuki, just let me know and I'll see what I can do.
carj
Yuki-Nagator

Post by carj »

Teh_ping wrote:Wait wait wait, I'm not the supervisor for SAO. Can someone get Sharramon back?
wtf read again! i never said that i just put u as an example as to why some projects dont have the pdf links in the wiki o.O n why we should ask first...................n OH i failed to say no links in TAMnI tee hee

anyways you are free to do what you want and even if you dont put them in the wiki you can always put them in the forums =P you dont need to ask permission to put them in the forums
carj
Yuki-Nagator

Post by carj »

yea double post but meh xD

i talked to vaelis n decided to take off the links from the wiki and i put them in a topic here: viewtopic.php?f=59&t=4704

when you update or put new one files just tell me or post them n ill eventually update the main post with the new links =P

Return to “Appreciation & PDF”