Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria: PDF/ePUB/MOBI

Wish to express your thanks and salutations? And PDF's? Find your Novel Series topic here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria: PDF/ePUB/MOBI

Post by Simon »

Last edited by Simon on Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:56 am, edited 5 times in total.
ePUB Generator <<Productive>> : BTE-GEN | Yay, I'm free. Let's see how long it takes for this place to go down.
braiam
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Hakomari - Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria (ePUB, MOBI)

Post by braiam »

Umm... which one is the ePUB and which one is the MOBI?
I'm just a lurker... and AllMangaReader developer.
You can find about me here.
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

Oh sorry and thank you. Completely forgot it....
ePUB Generator <<Productive>> : BTE-GEN | Yay, I'm free. Let's see how long it takes for this place to go down.
grrarr
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by grrarr »

Simon wrote: The other Volumes will be done later when I have time.

If you have problems with this ePUB please post them here. Thanks.
Hey- thanks much for this - this is awesome :)

I took a look at it using Adobe Digital Editions (since that's prob the most official, tho prob not most popular reader). Didn't get a chance via iTunes/iBooks.

Two minor bugs (I wouldn't call them problems, really):
1.You have the diamonds in the TOC correctly displayed, but in the text body itself, they show up as ???
2.EEE did a lot of careful font variation (esp in the screenplay areas) - afaik, I think you made it almost all one standard font?

Also, no rush on the other volumes - they're still actively being edited by various ppl including yyr, myself, LB_Kasen, etc...
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

1. Yeah , I know this. I did let them be there because I can't find a better replacement for them in ASCII and it's up to a reader how it reads the files. I make most things ASCII friendly but as I said, can't really find a replacement. So it will stay there. You can look at it with calibre or other things and you will see that the text is being parsed with utf-8 settings.

2. Same as 1. It's up to the reader how it handles the text. The CSS is ok and it has the right fonts and sizes... I checked it, really.

And about the edits. For me it's 3 min to edit the ePUB. So just throw a message in this post when there is a big edit or you think that this is a stable version for some time.
grrarr
Kyonist

Post by grrarr »

Simon wrote:1. Yeah , I know this. I did let them be there because I can't find a better replacement for them in ASCII and it's up to a reader how it reads the files. I make most things ASCII friendly but as I said, can't really find a replacement. So it will stay there. You can look at it with calibre or other things and you will see that the text is being parsed with utf-8 settings.

2. Same as 1. It's up to the reader how it handles the text. The CSS is ok and it has the right fonts and sizes... I checked it, really.

And about the edits. For me it's 3 min to edit the ePUB. So just throw a message in this post when there is a big edit or you think that this is a stable version for some time.
Apologies.

re: 1 and 2:

Yeah, I just took a look at it w/Calibre 0.8.38 - you're totally correct. Yet again, open source > adobe, I guess...I guess I should be less shocked by now...

Clarification: Simon was totally right (afaik) and I was wrong (well, not wrong about Adobe Digital Editions being sucky in not parsing/displaying properly :D ... wrong about assuming that you didn't do a full-on job - sorry!).

In Calibre:

1.The symbols show up properly.
2.The various fonts/screenplay tweaks show up as well.

Will let you know when major edits have been completed on the others
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

NP, always happy to help.
penguins
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria: PDF/ePUB/MOBI

Post by penguins »

Because I couldn't wait:

ePUB: mobi: All generated September 7th, 2012.

Disclaimer: These aren't nearly as polished as Simon's ebooks. I built them for myself because I hate reading PDFs on my Kindle, and figured I might as well share. I've only checked them in Sigil, Calibre, and a Kindle 3 as those are all I have.
I'm still reading volume 1 so I can't guarantee there aren't massive errors in later volumes, but I'll update the linked files if I do find any errors while I'm reading.

Simon: Thank you for all the epubs/mobis you've built for other series. I'm not trying to steal your thunder or anything, but judging by your sig and userpage (and this thread itself), this LN wasn't getting any epub love anytime soon
Sharpestlives
Kyonist

Post by Sharpestlives »

It's only MOBIs but I left Volumes 1-4 here. As I made them a while ago I'll have to update them some time I guess. (Not trying to steal anyones' thunder either!)
Sharpestlives
Kyonist

Post by Sharpestlives »

Okay, updated them and also added some EPUBs. Thank you Simon for making Volume 5 into a MOBI and EPUB, I might do it myself just so there's a complete set with the same fomatting!

MOBI Altogether

Volumes Seperately: EPUB Altogether

Volumes Seperately:
EusthEnoptEron
Project Translator

Post by EusthEnoptEron »

Thanks guys! I edited the first post accordingly. :D
penguins
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by penguins »

Ha. Guess I should have done a real search instead of just assuming they'd be linked in here if they existed. Whoops.
At least now I've got the framework laid out and can more easily build ebooks if I ever need to again.
Hobohutter
Astral Realm

Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria PDFs

Post by Hobohutter »

Hello!

I saw on some other post that all the other PDF links other that volume 1 were dead, and since I'm going to be reading and making PDFs for this novel anyways, I decided that I'd post it onto Baka-tsuki forums!

Volume 1
https://katdon.wordpress.com/2015/02/27 ... -volume-1/

Volume 2
https://katdon.wordpress.com/2015/03/16 ... me-2-pdfs/

Volume 3
https://katdon.wordpress.com/2015/03/18 ... me-3-pdfs/

Volume 4
https://katdon.wordpress.com/2015/03/22 ... me-4-pdfs/

I tried to make improvements on the formatting over the previous PDFs available on Baka-tsuki, and also will make edits if I ever see any errors while I read it. I started making PDFs quite a while ago, and will continue to add to this post when I can. Sadly I have some exams next week so I won't be able to get all of them out by the end of the weekend.
Also, I personally think that my chapter titles are a bit bland as of now, but the only application i'm using is Microsoft word So i'm doing the best I can. If anybody would like to suggest any improvements. Though I may have to consider the overall practicality before adding them, but I will try my best to respond.
I will edit this post to add more links when they are available.

Thank you to all the translator's who translate novels on this site

Thank you very much
Hobohutter

edit 1: Finally got around to doing volume 2 after finishing my exams and editing volume 1. If you've downloaded volume 1 before, you can always download it again since I have made some edits.

edit 2: Added Volume 3 and completely finished editing volume 2.

edit 3: Added Volume 4 and completed finished editing volume 3 (not entirely, if you see anything you want changed please leave a comment on the blog)

edit 4: Added Volume 5 and 6 completely edited.
logitechf1f4
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria PDFs

Post by logitechf1f4 »

Hobohutter wrote:Hello!

I saw on some other post that all the other PDF links other that volume 1 were dead, and since I'm going to be reading and making PDFs for this novel anyways, I decided that I'd post it onto Baka-tsuki forums!
Thank you for your work there. I really like your version. Hope you'll make it agan in next volume :D
Can't wat for it on June :D :D
^^v
MoonBuddy
Astral Realm

Post by MoonBuddy »

Hello, here is the ePUB version of Hakomari v7. I tested it with Sumatra PDF & Cool Reader. Later I will test it in my nook HD+. :D

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwGN2Q ... sp=sharing

Return to “Appreciation & PDF”