PDF Generation

Wish to express your thanks and salutations? And PDF's? Find your Novel Series topic here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: PDF Generation

Post by denormative »

subreaper01 wrote:I know by now this may sound like a broken record. but could u make a pdf for volume 15 of high school dxd. your pdfs always work the best on my nook. :D :D
Still no B&W images added. I can stuff them all at the front of the book if you really want a PDF, but it's not the most elegant solution.
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
subreaper01
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Campione, DxD, Date a live, Oda Nobuna, C3, and Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance

Post by subreaper01 »

denormative wrote:
subreaper01 wrote:I know by now this may sound like a broken record. but could u make a pdf for volume 15 of high school dxd. your pdfs always work the best on my nook. :D :D
Still no B&W images added. I can stuff them all at the front of the book if you really want a PDF, but it's not the most elegant solution.
I'm pretty sure they are since I just check it looked like they have been placed. Also could you do one for date a live volume 4. thanks :D :D :D
I think being a God Slayer would be the funnest job in the world. I can't think of anything more fun then life and death battles with the gods and dragons.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/8ihc0sp13s72e/pdfs
gouf123
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by gouf123 »

Date a Live volume 4 is complete now.

Can I repeat my request for Maou_na_Ore_to_Fushihime_no_Yubiwa volume 1 pdf please?
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Nurin »

Date a live vol 4 is complete, but there's a need for editions, so at least a week(Or less) to the PDFs

Seeing that Maou to Fushihime was in 6 of september(Your request of course), there's already enough time to the editions to be done, now is just wait until someone do it.
Call me Nurin!

The First
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by The First »

denormative wrote:
The First wrote:personally i'm trying to get the image size to match the size of a page of text. so i guess i'm asking whether B5 is the size of a normal pdf page. since the size of the images i'm using is massive.
The size of a PDF page can be anything you want. The "normal" size of PDFs you will encounter anywhere on the web will be either US Letter or A4. The size of the image will probably look bigger then the size of the page because it will be scanned at 300dpi or 600dpi (for really high-res scans), whereas normal computer monitors show things at 72dpi; so it will look bigger on a pixel-to-pixel comparison.

All my PDFs simply take the original image (at 300dpi or whatever) and resize it to fit approximately an A4 page. When you build your PDF you should have the option to resize the images to the "normal" DPI or leave it as is (I believe that by default Adobe's products resize the images to 72dpi). By leaving the images at the original resolution it means that on higher resolution displays (such as ipads which are about 250dpi) you get nice clear images, whereas if you resize them down to normal monitor dpi (72dpi) the images appear blocky or blurry.

Hopefully from that chunk of text it makes sense as to why the images seem so "large" in comparison to page size.
I understand now. Arigatou denormative sensei!!
Baka Tsuki username: Heikichi
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

subreaper01 wrote:I'm pretty sure they are since I just check it looked like they have been placed. Also could you do one for date a live volume 4. thanks :D :D :D
Indonesian and Polish version have the images inserted, the English ones don't. Check under the File Usage section: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... 15_004.jpg

DaL v4/v6 can wait a few days for polish.
neromercer
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by neromercer »

Sorry, can anyone try to do the PDF for Date A Live 4?, and also I'd like to see one of Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru.

And yes, I'm kinda new here, I logged in for this, but I've been actually using Baka-Tsuki for most english light novels (even though I'm spanish speaker... but yeah), in any case, I'll be checking daily this post for any answers :)

EDIT:I'm a stupid one, sorry for not reading, I'll wait the week of DaL4 then xD
The First
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by The First »

The First wrote:When you have time would you mind making a PDF for Oda Nobuna no Yabou Volume 7?
Whilst on the subject, would you mind remaking Volume 4 since the names of places like 水坂岭 have now been translated as well.
subreaper01
Favourite Light Novel: Campione, DxD, Date a live, Oda Nobuna, C3, and Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance

Post by subreaper01 »

Any updates on when the pdf of high school dxd volume 15 will be done :?:
I think being a God Slayer would be the funnest job in the world. I can't think of anything more fun then life and death battles with the gods and dragons.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/8ihc0sp13s72e/pdfs
The First
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by The First »

subreaper01 wrote:Any updates on when the pdf of high school dxd volume 15 will be done :?:
Don't rush him. Rushing only leads to imperfect results and is usually counter-productive.
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Nurin »

subreaper01 wrote:Any updates on when the pdf of high school dxd volume 15 will be done :?:
Okay, I see that you are only asking a question, nothing more or less, so it's okay... But I will ask you guys to refrain about asking "When something will be done?", it doesn't apply only for the translations. PDF, ePUBs and other are included.
Call me Nurin!

denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

Nura rihan wrote:
Okay, I see that you are only asking a question, nothing more or less, so it's okay... But I will ask you guys to refrain about asking "When something will be done?", it doesn't apply only for the translations. PDF, ePUBs and other are included.
I don't mind it so much since I'm known somewhat well known for my absentmindedness iRL. But yeah, it's not a good idea to make an exception for one person anyway.

I don't mind PMs if I haven't seemed to have made a PDF for a series by a week after its been released since I don't actually follow a lot of the series I PDF; but I'll post here if there's any obvious delays. (Such as Maou na Ore to Fushihime no Yubiwa which is causing me no end of grief; I can get something working but most of the references are mangled. :( )

Anyway, it looks like my code has stuffed up DaL v6 or something so I'll need to look into that; other then that, Oda v4 and v7 are up; as is Ichiban Ushiro no Korone-chuujou v7. >.>

Currently trying being traumatised by DxD v15's artwork and looking around to see if I can find some that sucks less. Not looking hopeful so it'll probably be done tomorrow sometime.
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

gouf123 wrote:Can I repeat my request for Maou_na_Ore_to_Fushihime_no_Yubiwa volume 1 pdf please?
Bug fix that was holding up this, so PDF has been completed and is in the appropriate folder.

Also DaL v6 has been rebuilt; and Chrome Shelled Regios v10 as well.
The First
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by The First »

Can i request Owari no Chronicle Vol. 2 and Oda Nobuna no Yabou Vol. 3 please.
5thDog
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by 5thDog »

The Zashiki Warashi of Intellectual Village Vol. 3?

Return to “Appreciation & PDF”