ePUB Generator

Forum for volunteer developers working on Baka-Tsuki related applications (Baka-Reader, BTprince, etc).

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

ePUB Generator

Post by Simon »

Hi there.

You can generate the ePUBs here:

M-Chan -- BTDS/BTE-GEN

EDIT: 15.01.2014

As there was an update of the wiki, the ePUB files might look strange or have things that weren't there before.

If you have any problems. Please say so. And I will try to fix them.

One more thing. The browsers on mobile devices can lead to creation of corrupt/wrong files. The only one that works normally (for me) at the moment is Chrome.

So... if you get an epub that shows the main page of B-T then you just have to download them on your pc/laptop and upload itto your device.
Last edited by Simon on Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:52 am, edited 7 times in total.
Reason: Typos
ePUB Generator <<Productive>> : BTE-GEN | Yay, I'm free. Let's see how long it takes for this place to go down.
ff7_freak
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: ePUB Generator

Post by ff7_freak »

Tried using it, but the epubs made seem to cause my Kobo touch to freeze. Has not happened with any other epubs from this site or epubs I have made myself.
Briefly looked on google and it seems to be something to do with the html in the epubs this generates.
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

Which ones did you download ?
ePUB Generator <<Productive>> : BTE-GEN | Yay, I'm free. Let's see how long it takes for this place to go down.
ff7_freak
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ff7_freak »

Madan no Ou to Vanadis, Highschool dxd v5, campione v5,6,7,9, Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei v1,2, TWGOK v1,2.
Will try redownloading them individually tomorrow and check if I still have the same problem.
Might just be an incompatibility with the Kobo

EDIT: Just tried it again with new downloads of Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei v1 and Madan no Ou to Vanadis V1. Both are working fine now.
Downloaded the previous files just after you posted the epub generator, so it may have been due to this.
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

Ah, might be the script that is cleaning the folders... maybe while it was downloading the script started working... I'll change it.
rukanishino
Astral Realm

Post by rukanishino »

Very nice, thanks a lot! This site helps me a lot for generating ePUB for my iPad!

Anyway, I have a problem when generating Golden Time. It didn't work and when I checked with Calibre, it says "error on line 1280 at column 4: Opening and ending tag mismatch." on the beginning (first chapter, I think?).

I don't really know about ePUB format, but some of the images on Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Volume 6 and 7 are missing and became links to baka-tsuki images. When generated, does this site take the images and compress it to the ePUB or just displayed the baka-tsuki version with certain width and height?
ff7_freak
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ff7_freak »

Downloaded and tested a few individually, and it seems High School DxD v5 is causing the freezing of my Kobo. All the others I have downloaded appear to be working fine
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

I'll look at it when I'm home.
ff7_freak
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ff7_freak »

Thanks, will continue testing with my Kobo for any errors
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

Ok, "Golden Time" should work...

As for Haganai, I'll do it tomorrow. If you can't wait there should be a post in Auxiliary Brigades with ePUBs, PDFs and MOBIs.
rukanishino
Astral Realm

Post by rukanishino »

Yup, it works now.

No worries, I prefer waiting for the site. It have better formatting for certain devices.
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

Fixed the problem in the Haganai vol 6. In vol 7 was everything ok, nothing missed.

As well as HS DxD Vol. 5 is ok... dunno what problem you have. Try re-downloading again.

Added Kobo Touch for resizing.

Just tell me if something is strange or misses.
ff7_freak
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ff7_freak »

Thanks, will try redownloading tonight
EDIT: Just redownloaded it, working fine now.Have no idea why it was freezing my kobo before
Shiranui
Astral Realm

Post by Shiranui »

Hi Simon, I just have a question on the device drop down menu when 'with images' is selected. Does it basically scales down the images to the size of the device?

Reason why I'm asking is because I've noticed a size difference with the epubs generated with different device selections and since I've got a kobo mini (with no memory expansions available) I need to cut down on space... I've been using the original setting so far which isn't probably the best choice.
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

Yes, it scales them down.

Just use kobo touch. It'l scale it down to 800x600 and will weight less.

Return to “Developers and Code”