Date a Live: General

General discussions related to Date A Live series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Date a Live ?

It was good! Please do more!
96%
It was interesting.
3%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 3084

jonathanasdf
Kyon's Imouto-Chan
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Date a Live

Post by jonathanasdf »

I'm not back, I'm always lurking, but really not going to have time to tl. I mean, I could probably get 5-10 minutes of work in per day, but that's not long enough to get into a groove, and wouldn't be very productive...
lchigo93
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by lchigo93 »

So i uploaded the novel illustrations for volume 4, was wondering if it's okaay with you jonathan, if it is then i'll upload the illustrations for volume 2 and 3 tomorrow

"If men weren't perverts then humans would be extinct" Fuwa Rinna from Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to.
jonathanasdf
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by jonathanasdf »

yep yep

I'm not even project supervisor or anything :<
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Thanks lchigo. (Volume 3's illustrations were...OMG)
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
lchigo93
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by lchigo93 »

Wait, I only take credit for uploading vol 4's novel illustration, as for vol 2 and 3 it's uploaded by a user named Lightning, as when i planned to upload the illustrations i saw that it was already up on the page, thanks Lightning.

"If men weren't perverts then humans would be extinct" Fuwa Rinna from Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to.
jonathanasdf
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by jonathanasdf »

yeah, the illusts are pretty, awesome huh?

and you even get a glance at Shidou's real sister, Mana. This isn't much of a spoiler so don't worry.
lchigo93
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by lchigo93 »

Mana was introduced at the end of volume 2, so no biggie for me, and I took the liberty of translating the title for each chapter for each volume, though I hope someone with more experience would check on my translations and change as they see fit, since i translated them from japanese, which i'm still a noob at. Translated vol 2 from the chinese title, so you guys should REALLY check that one. And i also reuploaded and re-edited the thumbnails on the main page with cropped version so all of them are the same as vol 1 (WILL RE-UPLOAD HIGHER QUALITY ILLUSTRATIONS FOR VOL 4 WHEN AVAILABLE). So yeah, that's pretty much what i did today, I might just start putting some stuff into the characters page, though i'm not sure how to, since I have totally no idea how to use the codes and the format of organization for the page.

Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Urgs, that series did start so promising (prologue + chapter 1), but with second half of chapter 2 it becomes really unbearable for me ... does that continue throughout the series?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

BTW, the image names for vol 2 and vol 3 are not appropriate, right?
lchigo93
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by lchigo93 »

Not sure since I didn't name them, I know the images for volume 4 is correct, I'll double check an do some editing later

Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

KuroiHikari wrote:BTW, the image names for vol 2 and vol 3 are not appropriate, right?
Indeed. Personally, I think the format should be the same as Volume 1's...
Kira0802

KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

Kira0802 wrote:
KuroiHikari wrote:BTW, the image names for vol 2 and vol 3 are not appropriate, right?
Indeed. Personally, I think the format should be the same as Volume 1's...
There's no way to fix that other than deleting them and reuploading them up, right?
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Well, how about moving them or change their names?
Kira0802

KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

Kira0802 wrote:Well, how about moving them or change their names?
That can be done?
jonathanasdf
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by jonathanasdf »

Darklor wrote:Urgs, that series did start so promising (prologue + chapter 1), but with second half of chapter 2 it becomes really unbearable for me ... does that continue throughout the series?
Yeah, imo this series has a bit of everything, as I think I said in an earlier post somewhere. Let's see, parts that are like the second half of chapter 2 are... first part of chapter 4, vol 2 beginning of ch 1, ch 4, vol 3 ch 4 (is hilarious but seriously messed up lol, anyone remember last ep of carnival phantasm?)... and beginning of vol 4 chapter 8. I probably missed some.

But there's more than enough epic action and drama to make up for it imo.

I personally liked the comedy in the later part of ch 2 tho. I think the series is well done (or maybe badly done) in the sense that for anyone, there's a bit of it that caters to them, and for the parts they don't like there's not quite enough to make them stop reading :)

Return to “Date A Live”