DAL Wiki Page Clean-Up

General discussions related to Date A Live series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

vallor
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel: 変態王子と笑わない猫。 (Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko.)

Re: DAL Wiki Page Clean-Up

Post by vallor »

I didn't do much, I don't need thanks. :lol:
French Editor and Translator

What I'm doing very very slowly
----------
Yevgeny Yevtushenko wrote:Translation is like a woman. If it is beautiful, it is not faithful. If it is faithful, it is most certainly not beautiful.
vallor
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel: 変態王子と笑わない猫。 (Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko.)

Post by vallor »

You can view the negotiations between the 'boss of the template' and me here: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... aru_Toggle

Please don't comment anything, just look. I don't want someone interfere, except maybe Nurin 'cause he is the one who is behind the proposition to do on DAL page like OH&S did on the Toaru page.
Well, actually, Nurin should give him his arguments about the setting up of a similar template on the DAL page.
French Editor and Translator

What I'm doing very very slowly
----------
Yevgeny Yevtushenko wrote:Translation is like a woman. If it is beautiful, it is not faithful. If it is faithful, it is most certainly not beautiful.
Insanitizer
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Insanitizer »

Honestly, I don't think DAL needs the edits, but I don't they really hurt anything either. The smaller groupings actually work well given how many books there are. It allows you to go right to the book you want, rather than having to go the anime season and then the book. And it's kinda silly with only 2 seasons.

Final organization thought. Maybe organize the size material like this(This is based on the current groupings):

Have one tab called "Short Stories". This would be the current "short stories" group and DAL: Encore (stuff in short story form basicly).

Have another tab called "Extras" would everything else, which seems to be stuff that came with other materials. This would be:
Date A Akihabara
PS3 Special
Blueray Specials
<Ratatoskr>'s Daily Observations

I think that addresses one of the things OH&S mentioned.
royaloyalz
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by royaloyalz »

Unfortunately, nothing much to comment on the main page layout, since I generally think whatever works is fine :lol: However, kudos to you guys for trying to make it better!

On a side note, I am starting to read DAL again, so I will probably be doing pretty big edits. My main concern is that I may be changing the translator's style or something along those lines, so I hope someone can look through them to see if they are fine.

What I noticed was pretty glaring is the wrong use of commas. Is that on purpose? I left some of the ones that I think are barely alright, but there are quite a few which I removed because the extra commas were really breaking up the flow of the sentence.

Also, any terms the translators want changed or something similar to that? Since I will be starting from almost the start (Volume 3), I will edit all the way till the latest translation, so I might as well do those changes if there are any.

Anyways, good to see that DAL has picked up significantly, especially after the anime aired. I initially started reading it before the anime came out, but didn't really got to editing at that time because I was reading on my phone. :D
Don't you just love reading? I think it is one of the joys of life, where we can escape the cold reality of the world and exist in something so much more fun and exciting! ^_^
Yascob99
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Campione!

Post by Yascob99 »

Currently I know how to implement the fix for the links not working while the toggle in html however it would not work for this site at the moment because this website does not have the Meta Tag extension for mediawiki needed to make it work. So far there are no other ways to get it to work.

I do not beleive that it is necessary and will not ask to have it added. My reasoning is if they don't have the extension already then either it would cause problems with the website or there is not enough it can add. Also as it is a minor issue that won't really cause too much of a problem I don't beleive it is necessary since it would only fix 2 projects (DAL and Toaru). I just thought I should mention this so that if anyone notices the problem, when and if the code is implemented, it is currently not possible to fix.
- Yascob99 =)
Rozenbach
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Rozenbach »

*Shakes dust off* Whu....whut? I'm currently doing a new project at the moment, will jump back to DAL once it's approved and up and going.
royaloyalz
Project Editor

Post by royaloyalz »

Another question guys, I noticed that RikiNutcase hates people putting in coloured illustrations into the text pages.

However, glancing through a few volumes have shown that many have already added in the coloured illustrations.

Therefore, I am wondering what the official stance of the team is regarding this issue.

I, for one, don't think it is actually bad to leave the coloured illustrations in the text pages. Mainly because the coloured illustrations are also depicting certain scenes in the LN, and not having it there may just be an attempt at trying to follow how the LN is in its book form, which is something we do not necessarily have to follow on wiki.

I will respect whatever decision the team makes regarding this, but for now I will leave the coloured illustrations in. In fact, I am guilty of adding in one myself, mostly because I removed it once in the past myself, and thought that it actually fits in better now, so I just added it in again. That was before I noticed RikiNutcase's frustrations regarding this.
Don't you just love reading? I think it is one of the joys of life, where we can escape the cold reality of the world and exist in something so much more fun and exciting! ^_^
RikiNutcase
Project Translator

Post by RikiNutcase »

royaloyalz wrote:Another question guys, I noticed that RikiNutcase hates people putting in coloured illustrations into the text pages.

However, glancing through a few volumes have shown that many have already added in the coloured illustrations.

Therefore, I am wondering what the official stance of the team is regarding this issue.

I, for one, don't think it is actually bad to leave the coloured illustrations in the text pages. Mainly because the coloured illustrations are also depicting certain scenes in the LN, and not having it there may just be an attempt at trying to follow how the LN is in its book form, which is something we do not necessarily have to follow on wiki.

I will respect whatever decision the team makes regarding this, but for now I will leave the coloured illustrations in. In fact, I am guilty of adding in one myself, mostly because I removed it once in the past myself, and thought that it actually fits in better now, so I just added it in again. That was before I noticed RikiNutcase's frustrations regarding this.
i don't care anymore. just do what you want.
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

Riki, tell the way you want it to be done and I will make sure to keep a pattern in all the TLed volumes so far.

Also, in the novels we don't get the color illustrations in the right place, and I personally like following this.
Call me Nurin!

royaloyalz
Project Editor

Post by royaloyalz »

Well, as I mentioned, doesn't really matter to me.

Whatever the team who did the work decides is what is going to be done, so just make the decision and say the word. Maybe mention it somewhere on the main page as well so people won't edit it as they like.
RikiNutcase
Project Translator

Post by RikiNutcase »

Nurin wrote:Riki, tell the way you want it to be done and I will make sure to keep a pattern in all the TLed volumes so far.

Also, in the novels we don't get the color illustrations in the right place, and I personally like following this.
remember that time when we had a small quarrel on whether if we should add color illustrations into the tl's? Yea, i lost that quarrel and just let what the majority likes.
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

So, unless Riki tell me otherwise I will be removing the color illusts from teh chapters this weekend... (Damn!) :evil:
Call me Nurin!

royaloyalz
Project Editor

Post by royaloyalz »

Nurin wrote:So, unless Riki tell me otherwise I will be removing the color illusts from teh chapters this weekend... (Damn!) :evil:
There's not actually that many you know? In fact I could do it tomorrow.

So I take it that this is the final decision?

A pity if you ask me. I don't see the difference between having the coloured images there or not, but hey if the main translator of the series wishes for it to be one way, who are the rest of the people to say otherwise? 8)
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

royaloyalz wrote:
Nurin wrote:So, unless Riki tell me otherwise I will be removing the color illusts from teh chapters this weekend... (Damn!) :evil:
There's not actually that many you know? In fact I could do it tomorrow.

So I take it that this is the final decision?
You can.
Call me Nurin!

Flowers-LavDai
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Flowers-LavDai »

Sorry for interrupting, but to the idea about removing the Color Illustration from the chapter...
In my opinion, I think we should keep it...
It makes reading the LN more interesting and much better visualization...
Well, it's just my opinion... The final decision is on the Translators' and Staffs' hands
Sorry for interrupting again...

Return to “Date A Live”